djw180

non-racing Crew Challenges

Yeah @djw180 it is very random sometimes. I swear I’ve been in lobbies where I can’t cross the street without being attacked from ground and air (without even having a bounty) and sometimes I’ll have a bounty and people running from me. Perhaps a requirement of so many kills on other players is not a bad idea, to keep someone from winning on 100% luck of a passive lobby. 

Number of player kills while having a bounty, rather than time? Still two players as a team, both with bountys?

Edited by Lann
  • Like 3

Bonus for killing another bounty? I survived one this morning and took out 6 other bounties.

Had oppressor people avoiding me? Such a strange group of players in this game. 

@pete_95973 the plan was to start this on Monday. But with the new updates coming out next week do you think it might be better to postpone this a couple of weeks?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, djw180 said:

@pete_95973 the plan was to start this on Monday. But with the new updates coming out next week do you think it might be better to postpone this a couple of weeks?

Good idea. Most people in free roam will be working on their night clubs. 

5 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

Good idea. Most people in free roam will be working on their night clubs. 

OK, I had a solo time trial planned for the one after so we'll switch those around.

• Like 1

@pete_95973 are we ready to start this on Monday? 

If you're happy with what rules to set I can post the challenge thread up, but I won't be around much the rest of the week as I'm moving house and will be busy and / or without internet for a few days (moving Wednesday, due to have internet at new place on Friday)

So if you can post here what you want the rules to be, I'll set the challenge off but you'll probably have to handle any questions. Can you make a few shout box posts encouraging people to join in as well (same goes for anyone else who wants to help promote).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djw180 said:

@pete_95973 are we ready to start this on Monday? 

If you're happy with what rules to set I can post the challenge thread up, but I won't be around much the rest of the week as I'm moving house and will be busy and / or without internet for a few days (moving Wednesday, due to have internet at new place on Friday)

So if you can post here what you want the rules to be, I'll set the challenge off but you'll probably have to handle any questions. Can you make a few shout box posts encouraging people to join in as well (same goes for anyone else who wants to help promote).

Okay sounds good.  I will try to get the rules written up today at some point.

• Like 1

Had an idea but it is a racing challenge. Most wins against randoms using the crew car Cheetah. If customs are turned off use stock Cheetah. Snap a photo of results if you get a win

• Like 1

@djw180 I have changed this to go along with the suggestions that you must attack and kill players to get points and win.  It simplifies things I think and will take out the luck factor of a team falling into a lobby where nothing happens and it is a boring 48 mins for the win.  Let me know what you think of these rules and maybe this could start Monday.  This could be done as solo too by the way (if there is not interest from enough people to make it a proper team challenge).  The problem would be that you would have to just get a bounty placed on you.  Probably not too tough if you just keep stealing NPC cars?

Let me know what you think?

Two Times Bounty Challenge:

This is a two player, team challenge.  You and your partner start in a public lobby and place a bounty on each other.  Then you begin attacking other players and the team that gets the most kills of other players while still having a bounty on them wins.  A kill will only count as a point if you have the bounty on you.  So if one of the team members dies they can still assist and protect the teammate but only kills collected by the player with the remaining bounty counts.  The challenge ends when the time is up for the bounties (48 mins) or both players are killed and lose the bounty.

-Each team member can kill a player one time.  So the team can score two points per random.  Once each team member kills a player once you move on to other players to get more points.

-Killing another player with a bounty counts as three points.  But you and your teammate (or friends/crew in the lobby) cannot place the bounty on them

-You can change lobbies at any time.

-You may not use weaponized vehicles, air craft, flying cars or bikes, MOCs, or armored vehicles.  You can use personal vehicles if they are not armed, armored, or aircraft.  But once the challenge starts you cannot call for you vehicle to be delivered to you in any way.  So if you get separated from your vehicle you need to make your way back to it on foot or steal an NPC vehicle to get back to it.  If you personal vehicle is destroyed you are out of luck.  It is a good idea for you to each have your PV with you when you put the bounties on each other.

-You may not call NPCs, be a CEO, VIP, or MC (so no ghost or off radar) If you need snacks you need to go the liquor store and steal or buy them.  If you need body armor or ammo you need to go to ammunation to buy them, do not use the interaction menu (this is considered calling NPCs)

-You may not go inside of any properties that randoms cannot get inside to kill you.

-You can use Easy Way Out or Suicide to avoid being killed

-Tie breaker if there is a tie on points goes to the team that survived longer (time ends when the second bounty is claimed)

-Save the video (would be max of 48 mins so make sure your settings are ready)

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 1

@omarcomin71 I'm going to to the Stunt Jumps challenge next.

• Complete any 5 stunt jumps in the fastest time
  • no bikes allowed
  • save a video
  • timer starts from the "stunt jump completed" message for your 1st jump and ends with that message for your 5th jump
    • all jumps in between must also show the completed message
  • passive mode allowed
  • any lobby type
    • I know you said any public lobby, but if we allow passive and friendly puiblic lobbies then we may as well allow crew and solo lobbies

Is that OK?

Anyone else have an opinion?

Are we allowing custom vehicles or only one you steal off the streets? If customs are allowed we'll need more restrictions like no rocket powered cars - I tested it and it will let you do a stunt jump in a Rocket Voltic. It seems if you use the rocket as you make the jump it won't count, but you could use the rocket to build up speed before the jump, and obviously to get between jumps quicker. So I think definitely no special vehicles.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

Stolen car of the street sounds fun and a easy rule to implement. If it is to be the same car for all jumps you got to be careful as well.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2

Cool!  I think having to steal a car is a good idea.  Restricting custom vehicles sounds like a fun challenge. 

Count me in :) 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1

Not that the question was asked, but a theme for a future photo+meme text contest could be making a ad for something in Los Santos. @Beez

Edited by Lann

Stock vehicles will be fine. The key to completing a stunt jump in this game is the LANDING. Jump all you want but if you don't land where the game wants you to.....fail. The one at LSIA is a perfect example.

This should be fun because most of the jumps are easiest to pull off with a motorcycle. Keeping us in cars should up the challenge nicely :)

On a side note, not much longer and setting up non racing challenges should be much easier in a world full or horses and carts. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 3:39 PM, SINISTER120 said:

On a side note, not much longer and setting up non racing challenges should be much easier in a world full or horses and carts. 

Good point. Do we know yet what will be in RDR2 that could make a crew challenge? I never played the original so have no idea at all what to expect.

4 hours ago, djw180 said:

Good point. Do we know yet what will be in RDR2 that could make a crew challenge? I never played the original so have no idea at all what to expect.

No clue honestly, just wishful thinking on my part.

Perhaps, biggest fish, most skins, etc. Anything other than running/driving around LS for the millionth time :)

Its been a while since the last freeroam killing type challenge. 

Or the ones that combines racing and killing ;)

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lann said:

Its been a while since the last freeroam killing type challenge. 

Or the ones that combines racing and killing ;)

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bb9ae734d616b7a4d

@pete_95973 @Lann

Challenge 162 was free roam killing, in teams of 2, and most people weren't able to do much. Was that because it involved 2 players in-game at the same time or is free roam killing just not that popular for a crew challenge?

I was thinking about a solo combat based challenge for the next one, either a contact mission or a death match kills but only using a specific weapon. For the latter I thought maybe sniper kills, so you could take part in any R* deathmatch, save 10 minutes video (might be a DM longer than 10 mins but you only count the first 10 mins), only kills with a sniper rifle count. It could be a map with snipers on it or using owned weapons.

Pretty sure it was due to the need to sync with another player. The killing challenges might get more participants if one can easily jump into a lobby and get to work. But special rules like weapons, time or what else can ofcourse regulate what you need to be doing. 

Stabbing or using any specific weapon to kill as many as you can without dying, use any means you like, just as a example. The team thing makes it alot more fun, but also way harder to get it done.

There are also many vehicles and planes that could be forced as weapons, like number of kills in a Lazer or any airplane before dying.

Will try figure out a few ideas for the future.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2