djw180

non-racing Crew Challenges

Looks fine DJ. I don’t think we need to set the order of balls to be potted eg black last. Main thing is showing a quick look around the table on the video to check the table is clear before you pot your final ball. 

• Like 1

@Lann & anyone else

The next challenge will be Grand Theft Loco

• Get 5 stars
  • Get on train
  • Longest Time on train with 5 star wins.
    • So you need to both maintain 5 stars and stay alive
  • Save video of the whole thing

What else do we need to sort out?

These are question that occur to me and my suggested answers

• Can you use vehicles?
    • No owned vehicles but stealing them off the street is OK
      • Or
    • Allow any land vehicle as transport, but no flying vehicles, no using vehicle weapons
  • Any weapon restrictions?
    • No, anything hand held is allowed
  • Can you use your phone, contact NPCs via interaction menu etc?
    • No, no contacting anyone else for anything
  • Can you get on the train before you have 5* with your time starting from when your 5th star appears
    • Not sure, but probably no. You need to get 5* on foot, then get on the train, this way you have to be able to survive with 5* until a train arrives and then get on it
  • Max time limit and tie breaker
    • Could someone really good be able to stay on the train for a very long time?
    • We could set a maximum time and use number of police and NOOSE killed as a tie breaker (just NOOSE may be better)
      • if so then video must show your stats screen with the above before and after you do this
    • Anything else as a better tie breaker?
  • Lobby restrictions?
    • any lobby allowed or public only
    • I think any lobby, that way how a many other people happen to be in a public lobby does not make a difference
  • any other things we need to consider?

I would suggest:

Not allowed to be inside any vehicle on the train.

Time starts when both criteria are meet: on train and 5 stars.

Any weapon, but no phonecalls or peerks, just fire your weapons and throw your grenades. 

If a tie with a maximum time set, maybe the amount of times you moved from first to last or last to first carriage should determine the winner, to encourage movement.

Perhaps no snacking or putting on armor after you have 5 stars?  I have never been chased by police with 5 stars on a train before but I imagine someone can find a good spot and snack and armor up constantly and be pretty safe?  Then again even armor and snacks will run out eventually.

This sounds interesting for a new challenge!

@Lann @pete_95973 thanks for the feedback.

So rules would be

• timer starts when you have 5* and are on the train
    • which order you obtain those in is up to you
  • timer ends when you die or no longer have 5*
  • you must save a video
  • You can use any vehicles you like to get 5* but once on the train you may only use your hand held weapons
    • I don't know if getting a vehicle on the train is even possible, but  rule it out just incase it can be done
  • no using your phone for anything and no contacting NPCs in anyway once on the train
  • can be done in any type of lobby
  • just wear normal clothing
    • no hats, helmets or headgear at all, just so we rule out anything that might give a little protection
    • no special gear
    • the idea of this is to make the time you can survive for as short as possible
  • any hand held weapons can be used
    • including upgraded mk II guns, explosive ammo etc

Still considering

• no snacking or replacing armour once on the train
    • this would definitely help to shorten the times we'd get and make tie breaks less likely
    • so I am inclined to set this as a rule as well
  • video should show your stats at the end, after you have died or lost your wanted level, to show the length of your most recent time spent with a wanted level
    • I'll look into this, if it's what I assume it is then this will give us the exact time of your 5* run, and no need to time it from the video, makes things easier and means gaps in video don't matter

• max time
    • if we are to have a maximum time I think 30 minutes, would anyone really want to last for any longer than that?
  • tie breaker
    • I'm not sure using the number of times you move from one end of the train to the other would work.
    • the main aim is to stay alive with the 5*, if you can do that by staying still then that's the way to get the longest time and the fact you don't move about won't matter
    • so I think a tie breaker needs to be something you will definitely be doing
    • I imagine we will need to be shooting down helicopters and at least in the city shooting other police vehicles, you also need to be doing some of those to make sure your wanted level does not wear off
    • so I'm inclined to go with cops / NOOSE killed as the tie breaker
    • but that does rely on the video showing those stats once you are on the train with 5*, any killed before that should not count
    • any thing else we can think of that you definitely will be doing once on the train with 5* that would be easy to use a tie breaker
    • if we ban snacking and re-armouring is a tie break going to be needed?

Has anyone tried this or similar to have an idea of how long you might survive?

Edited by djw180

No snacks, equip new armour, or wearing helmets, and always in a public lobby, and timer ends if you die, lose 5 star level or fall off = should not need a tie breaker. And not being allowed to use any perks or sit in any vehicles on the train.

Maybe add you need to get/have a bounty as well, before jumping on the train.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lann said:

No snacks, equip new armour, or wearing helmets, and always in a public lobby, and timer ends if you die, lose 5 star level or fall off = should not need a tie breaker. And not being allowed to use any perks or sit in any vehicles on the train.

Maybe add you need to get/have a bounty as well, before jumping on the train.

The problem with making it have to be in a public lobby is you can find one that's effectively as safe a solo lobby, if everyone else there is just doing there own thing, CEO, bunker etc. So it could end up everyone just gets their best times a "public" lobby that wasn't any more dangerous than a solo one.

How can you get yourself a bounty? I think stealing NPC cars repeatedly may work, but not sure how long it would take.

No BPH is good idea. Do any other helmets give protection? Should we just say no head gear?

• Like 2

Thinking about more challenges.

Things we've done before and can do again, maybe with modifications

• Survivals
  • Gang Attacks
  • Contact Missions
  • Death matches
    • not sure how viable these still are, do randoms joins DMs enough for us to restrict which maps & which weapons
  • Free roam kills
    • most different kills in set time limit
    • specific weapons?
  • Flight school challenges
  • Gun range
    • maybe not, killing players / npcs and saving video to time is better?

Others?

• the Grand Theft Loco challenge has obvious alternatives, how long can you survive with 5*
    • in a car / motorbike (picked up / stolen off the streets)
    • in an aircraft
    • in a boat
    • on foot
  • I was wondering is there anyway we can make use of whatever adversary mode R* have on double $, because that will get randoms in
    • not sure about this, never really paid too much attention to how the money and RP awarded works
    • could end up just being "who can get drawn with the best set of randoms"

Any other suggestions?

20 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Thinking about more challenges.

Things we've done before and can do again, maybe with modifications

• Survivals
  • Gang Attacks
  • Contact Missions
  • Death matches
    • not sure how viable these still are, do randoms joins DMs enough for us to restrict which maps & which weapons
  • Free roam kills
    • most different kills in set time limit
    • specific weapons?
  • Flight school challenges
  • Gun range
    • maybe not, killing players / npcs and saving video to time is better?

Others?

• the Grand Theft Loco challenge has obvious alternatives, how long can you survive with 5*
    • in a car / motorbike (picked up / stolen off the streets)
    • in an aircraft
    • in a boat
    • on foot
  • I was wondering is there anyway we can make use of whatever adversary mode R* have on double $, because that will get randoms in
    • not sure about this, never really paid too much attention to how the money and RP awarded works
    • could end up just being "who can get drawn with the best set of randoms"

Any other suggestions?

I have an idea for a two person challenge.  One sets a bounty on the other (his/her teammate) and then has to protect the bounty?  Maybe a bounty is set on each? 48 minutes would be the max as that is when the bounty would expire.  If multiple teams survived the 48 minutes the tie break could be the number of kills you get on randoms while the bounty is in tact?  There could be rules to to keep it from being too easy.  For example a rule against being in a lobby with less than 10 people?  Rules against certain vehicles?  No off radar or ghost? Always have to keep moving maybe/no camping?  Have to rob at least 5 liquor stores during the 48 mins (leaving you vulnerable)?

I have a couple other ideas but I am busy at work now.  Will post again later today.

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 2

How many personal vehicles (not friend or  crews) can you destroy by driving or pushing it into the ocean, a lake or pool during a week? Save a video of each! :D

Edited by Lann
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lann said:

How many personal vehicles (not friend or  crews) can you destroy by driving or pushing it into the ocean, a lake or pool during a week? Save a video of each! :D

Cargobobs allowed?

7 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Cargobobs allowed?

Any means :D

I am thinking "hey buddy want to be my friend" is a good starts to score as well :D

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

After recently accomplishing a handful of stunt jump to un-lock to lime green paint gave me a idea.

I was thinking successfully pulling off five stunt jumps as fast as you can would be a fun challenge.

It'd more of a challenge if you had to do it in a public lobby and you couldn't go passive.

Just a thought :) 

• Like 3