djw180

non-racing Crew Challenges

Looks fine DJ. I don’t think we need to set the order of balls to be potted eg black last. Main thing is showing a quick look around the table on the video to check the table is clear before you pot your final ball. 

• Like 1

@Lann & anyone else

The next challenge will be Grand Theft Loco

• Get 5 stars
  • Get on train
  • Longest Time on train with 5 star wins.
    • So you need to both maintain 5 stars and stay alive
  • Save video of the whole thing

What else do we need to sort out?

These are question that occur to me and my suggested answers

• Can you use vehicles?
    • No owned vehicles but stealing them off the street is OK
      • Or
    • Allow any land vehicle as transport, but no flying vehicles, no using vehicle weapons
  • Any weapon restrictions?
    • No, anything hand held is allowed
  • Can you use your phone, contact NPCs via interaction menu etc?
    • No, no contacting anyone else for anything
  • Can you get on the train before you have 5* with your time starting from when your 5th star appears
    • Not sure, but probably no. You need to get 5* on foot, then get on the train, this way you have to be able to survive with 5* until a train arrives and then get on it
  • Max time limit and tie breaker
    • Could someone really good be able to stay on the train for a very long time?
    • We could set a maximum time and use number of police and NOOSE killed as a tie breaker (just NOOSE may be better)
      • if so then video must show your stats screen with the above before and after you do this
    • Anything else as a better tie breaker?
  • Lobby restrictions?
    • any lobby allowed or public only
    • I think any lobby, that way how a many other people happen to be in a public lobby does not make a difference
  • any other things we need to consider?

I would suggest:

Not allowed to be inside any vehicle on the train.

Time starts when both criteria are meet: on train and 5 stars.

Any weapon, but no phonecalls or peerks, just fire your weapons and throw your grenades. 

If a tie with a maximum time set, maybe the amount of times you moved from first to last or last to first carriage should determine the winner, to encourage movement.

Perhaps no snacking or putting on armor after you have 5 stars?  I have never been chased by police with 5 stars on a train before but I imagine someone can find a good spot and snack and armor up constantly and be pretty safe?  Then again even armor and snacks will run out eventually.

This sounds interesting for a new challenge!

@Lann @pete_95973 thanks for the feedback.

So rules would be

• timer starts when you have 5* and are on the train
    • which order you obtain those in is up to you
  • timer ends when you die or no longer have 5*
  • you must save a video
  • You can use any vehicles you like to get 5* but once on the train you may only use your hand held weapons
    • I don't know if getting a vehicle on the train is even possible, but  rule it out just incase it can be done
  • no using your phone for anything and no contacting NPCs in anyway once on the train
  • can be done in any type of lobby
  • just wear normal clothing
    • no hats, helmets or headgear at all, just so we rule out anything that might give a little protection
    • no special gear
    • the idea of this is to make the time you can survive for as short as possible
  • any hand held weapons can be used
    • including upgraded mk II guns, explosive ammo etc

Still considering

• no snacking or replacing armour once on the train
    • this would definitely help to shorten the times we'd get and make tie breaks less likely
    • so I am inclined to set this as a rule as well
  • video should show your stats at the end, after you have died or lost your wanted level, to show the length of your most recent time spent with a wanted level
    • I'll look into this, if it's what I assume it is then this will give us the exact time of your 5* run, and no need to time it from the video, makes things easier and means gaps in video don't matter

• max time
    • if we are to have a maximum time I think 30 minutes, would anyone really want to last for any longer than that?
  • tie breaker
    • I'm not sure using the number of times you move from one end of the train to the other would work.
    • the main aim is to stay alive with the 5*, if you can do that by staying still then that's the way to get the longest time and the fact you don't move about won't matter
    • so I think a tie breaker needs to be something you will definitely be doing
    • I imagine we will need to be shooting down helicopters and at least in the city shooting other police vehicles, you also need to be doing some of those to make sure your wanted level does not wear off
    • so I'm inclined to go with cops / NOOSE killed as the tie breaker
    • but that does rely on the video showing those stats once you are on the train with 5*, any killed before that should not count
    • any thing else we can think of that you definitely will be doing once on the train with 5* that would be easy to use a tie breaker
    • if we ban snacking and re-armouring is a tie break going to be needed?

Has anyone tried this or similar to have an idea of how long you might survive?

Edited by djw180

No snacks, equip new armour, or wearing helmets, and always in a public lobby, and timer ends if you die, lose 5 star level or fall off = should not need a tie breaker. And not being allowed to use any perks or sit in any vehicles on the train.

Maybe add you need to get/have a bounty as well, before jumping on the train.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lann said:

No snacks, equip new armour, or wearing helmets, and always in a public lobby, and timer ends if you die, lose 5 star level or fall off = should not need a tie breaker. And not being allowed to use any perks or sit in any vehicles on the train.

Maybe add you need to get/have a bounty as well, before jumping on the train.

The problem with making it have to be in a public lobby is you can find one that's effectively as safe a solo lobby, if everyone else there is just doing there own thing, CEO, bunker etc. So it could end up everyone just gets their best times a "public" lobby that wasn't any more dangerous than a solo one.

How can you get yourself a bounty? I think stealing NPC cars repeatedly may work, but not sure how long it would take.

No BPH is good idea. Do any other helmets give protection? Should we just say no head gear?

• Like 2

Thinking about more challenges.

Things we've done before and can do again, maybe with modifications

• Survivals
  • Gang Attacks
  • Contact Missions
  • Death matches
    • not sure how viable these still are, do randoms joins DMs enough for us to restrict which maps & which weapons
  • Free roam kills
    • most different kills in set time limit
    • specific weapons?
  • Flight school challenges
  • Gun range
    • maybe not, killing players / npcs and saving video to time is better?

Others?

• the Grand Theft Loco challenge has obvious alternatives, how long can you survive with 5*
    • in a car / motorbike (picked up / stolen off the streets)
    • in an aircraft
    • in a boat
    • on foot
  • I was wondering is there anyway we can make use of whatever adversary mode R* have on double $, because that will get randoms in
    • not sure about this, never really paid too much attention to how the money and RP awarded works
    • could end up just being "who can get drawn with the best set of randoms"

Any other suggestions?

20 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Thinking about more challenges.

Things we've done before and can do again, maybe with modifications

• Survivals
  • Gang Attacks
  • Contact Missions
  • Death matches
    • not sure how viable these still are, do randoms joins DMs enough for us to restrict which maps & which weapons
  • Free roam kills
    • most different kills in set time limit
    • specific weapons?
  • Flight school challenges
  • Gun range
    • maybe not, killing players / npcs and saving video to time is better?

Others?

• the Grand Theft Loco challenge has obvious alternatives, how long can you survive with 5*
    • in a car / motorbike (picked up / stolen off the streets)
    • in an aircraft
    • in a boat
    • on foot
  • I was wondering is there anyway we can make use of whatever adversary mode R* have on double $, because that will get randoms in
    • not sure about this, never really paid too much attention to how the money and RP awarded works
    • could end up just being "who can get drawn with the best set of randoms"

Any other suggestions?

I have an idea for a two person challenge.  One sets a bounty on the other (his/her teammate) and then has to protect the bounty?  Maybe a bounty is set on each? 48 minutes would be the max as that is when the bounty would expire.  If multiple teams survived the 48 minutes the tie break could be the number of kills you get on randoms while the bounty is in tact?  There could be rules to to keep it from being too easy.  For example a rule against being in a lobby with less than 10 people?  Rules against certain vehicles?  No off radar or ghost? Always have to keep moving maybe/no camping?  Have to rob at least 5 liquor stores during the 48 mins (leaving you vulnerable)?

I have a couple other ideas but I am busy at work now.  Will post again later today.

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 2

How many personal vehicles (not friend or  crews) can you destroy by driving or pushing it into the ocean, a lake or pool during a week? Save a video of each! :D

Edited by Lann
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lann said:

How many personal vehicles (not friend or  crews) can you destroy by driving or pushing it into the ocean, a lake or pool during a week? Save a video of each! :D

Cargobobs allowed?

7 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Cargobobs allowed?

Any means :D

I am thinking "hey buddy want to be my friend" is a good starts to score as well :D

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

After recently accomplishing a handful of stunt jump to un-lock to lime green paint gave me a idea.

I was thinking successfully pulling off five stunt jumps as fast as you can would be a fun challenge.

It'd more of a challenge if you had to do it in a public lobby and you couldn't go passive.

Just a thought :) 

• Like 3

Time to start thinking about another non-racing challenge.

So ideas we have

• I posted a few so I'll just stick to one for now and that's another survivals challenge. Rather than doing them how ever you like we put something in to make them more difficult and you just do a set number of them, maybe only 1 or 2, rather than try to do them all.
    • could be fastest time to complete level 10, any weapons you like
    • or most levels survived using only a pistol / shot gun / any thing you like but no explosives, minigun, etc
      • fastest time on final wave as tie break
    • which ones?
      • as a rough guide of their difficulty, you all know my combat abilities, the only ones I have never done solo are the Sawmill and Legion Square
      • Maze bank is tough solo, depends on how many helicopters you get I think
      • The Pier is fairly easy to solo if you're prepared to take a long time over it (just hide in that under-cover area and wait for them to come to you)
      • Sandy Shores, Scrap Yard, Cement Plant, Boneyard, Rail yard all reasonably easy without being too slow
      • Have I missed any?
  • @Lann not sure how serious you were about the pushing other players vehicles into the sea challenge, was it serious? It could see us all in a bad sports lobby by the end of the challenge
  • @pete_95973 protect the bounty challenge
    • definitely something different and interesting
    • one potential problem is getting the time and enough people to do it, last time we had the team free roam kills we only had 4 teams, that's the absolute minimum really
    • I think we should try, but if not enough sign up we may have to postpone it and do something else
    • the other thing is I really don't go into free roam lobbies enough to know how dangerous they are, we need those of you that do to think about what restrictions we set. So Pete suggested,
      • at least 10 others in the lobby
      • keep moving
      • rob 5 stores
      • ban perks like off the radar
      • rule out certain vehicles
    • What do others think?
      • one potential issue is how do we make sure this has to be done in a public lobby with other players who will come after you, many people are just doing there own MC / CEO
      • I'd suggest we restrict the areas you can be in, like you have to stay in fairly central LS, where most player-killers tend to hang out (if they do, I'm just assuming), it could be too easy to do this if your stay around Chiliad / Paleto bay
  • @omarcomin71, stunt jumps
    • do we say which ones to do or let people pick their own?
    • any restrictions on vehicles
    • do we need to restrict it to public lobbies?
      • if so then do we say how public they are, would seem to make it dependant on the particular other players in the lobby
      • given enough attempts we could all find a public lobby that was totally friendly
      • so maybe we don't restrict the lobby type?

So that's just me thinking as I type.

What's everyone else think?

Edited by djw180

I was serious, but it might be very hard to manage stealing and sinking a car. Maybe we need to test it. 

The bad sport aspect needs to be considered ofcourse.

But its GTA, stealing other peoples cars would be great. Maybe the scoring can be something different than destroying it?

Maybe just drive it/move it will be hard enough. Saving a video or pick to keep track.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

I must add that the challenge where a team ran a mission on time was a favourite, id join any such setup any day!!

4 minutes ago, Lann said:

I must add that the challenge where a team ran a mission on time was a favourite, id join any such setup any day!!

that is true, I enjoyed this crew challenge.

5 hours ago, djw180 said:

• @omarcomin71, stunt jumps
      • do we need to restrict it to public lobbies?
        • if so then do we say how public they are, would seem to make it dependant on the particular other players in the lobby
        • given enough attempts we could all find a public lobby that was totally friendly
        • so maybe we don't restrict the lobby type?
      • any restrictions on vehicles
      • do we say which ones to do or let people pick their own?

So that's just me thinking as I type.

What's everyone else think?

Yeah it may get frustrating if we restrict it to a certain lobby.  I'd say any public lobby.  Stunt jumps can be done in passive mode.

Originally I though it would be fun to attempt a certain amount of stunt jumps while out of passive mode. Avoiding randoms at the same time.

It would still be a challenge to be the fastest to successfully pull off any 5 stunt jumps you want.  We would probably have to say no motorcycles. I think only one or two jumps require a bike.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lann said:

I was serious, but it might be very hard to manage stealing and sinking a car. Maybe we need to test it. 

The bad sport aspect needs to be considered ofcourse.

But its GTA, stealing other peoples cars would be great. Maybe the scoring can be something different than destroying it?

Maybe just drive it/move it will be hard enough. Saving a video or pick to keep track.

As long as you are an active CEO and doing a job you will not get BS points for destroying vehicles. 

That said, having been to BS....twice. It takes a LOT of destroyed vehicles to get put there. Quitting jobs, play lists etc on top of it are what gets you there....fast.

• Like 2

Should also had that commendation from friends gets rid of BS points. I have helped a few randoms in the past.

• Like 1

@pete_95973 I'm planning on doing your protect the bounty challenge the one after next, so that would be starting about 23rd July.

Is that OK for you? There's no point having this at a time that you couldn't take part in.

I really don't have enough experience of being in free roam lobbies to know how to set the rules for this, so can I hand over finalising the rules to you please?

Other people of course do feel free to comment.

Things that need finalising or thinking about and just trying to have answers to some questions that might get asked

• what sort of lobby you do this in
    • public, obviously
    • minimum number of other players ?
      • does it need to be that minimum all the time or just to start with
        • what if people leave the lobby and it goes below the minimum players?
      • do you have to keep showing who else is in the lobby
      • do those other players all need to be not doing MC/CEO work
      • we could say it has to be a set number of players, not including
        • XBDX
        • people in MCs and CEOS (or in those with at least one other player, because those are likely to be focussed on businesses)
        • those just in sitting in their houses / offices / bunkers etc
      • Or it may be easier to just to set a high minimum
  • ban all perks?
    • just say no contacting any NPCS at all for any reason seems simplest
      • so you only have what weapons, armour and snacks you start with
  • No owned vehicles of any kind
    • only use cars picked up off the streets? (makes it more challenging)
  • keep moving
    • either on foot or in a car
    • how strict is this?
      • can you stop and take cover when attacked or do you really have to be moving all the time, no exceptions?
  • no going inside buildings
  • restrict to a specific area, e.g. central LS or some area likely to have other players in wanting to grab a bounty
  • timer runs from the message saying the bounty has been placed to the player dying
    • max time 48 mins, tie break is total randoms killed
      • is that total different randoms or just total kills including killing the same random more than once?
  • one or two bounties?
    • will having bounties on both attract more randoms?
  • what are we calling this? - some ideas
    • Bounty Defender
    • The Bodyguard

3 hours ago, djw180 said:

@pete_95973 I'm planning on doing your protect the bounty challenge the one after next, so that would be starting about 23rd July.

Is that OK for you? There's no point having this at a time that you couldn't take part in.

I really don't have enough experience of being in free roam lobbies to know how to set the rules for this, so can I hand over finalising the rules to you please?

Things that need finalising or thinking about and just trying to have answers to some questions that might get asked

• public, obviously
        • XBDX
        • people in MCs and CEOS (or in those with at least one other player, because those are likely to be focussed on businesses)
  • ban all perks?
  • keep moving
    • how strict is this?
      • can you stop and take cover when attacked or do you really have to be moving all the time, no exceptions?
  • restrict to a specific area, e.g. central LS or some area likely to have other players in wanting to grab a bounty
  • timer runs from the message saying the bounty has been placed to the player dying
      • is that total different randoms or just total kills including killing the same random more than once?
  • one or two bounties?
    • Bounty Defender
    • The Bodyguard

I am at work now.  When I am caught up I will review this and respond.  I will be around that week.

• Like 1

Will say that these days most bounty hunters collect them with weaponized vehicles, especially the flying ones. Limiting us to npc vehicles will definitely make it more challenging.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, djw180 said:

• public, obviously
        • XBDX
  • ban all perks?
  • keep moving
    • how strict is this?
  • one or two bounties?
    • Bounty Defender
    • The Bodyguard

I think a minimum number of players to start the session should be required.  Let's say at least 20 non XDBX?  We could make it 25 but with your partner you would then need to find a lobby between 27 and 30 and that could take a while and be frustrated just to start.

I don't think we should have to keep checking the player count. As long as you start in a populated lobby you did your starting requirement.

I don't know about discounting CEOs or MCs.  There are a lot of free roam killers and bounty hunters that are CEOs for the perks (ghost org, spawning vehicles).

Agree, do not contact NPCs for any reason or reloading ammo, armor, snacks.  No perks.

I think there should be no armored vehicles and no air or water vehicles allowed, so it may just be best to say no personal vehicles (and no stealing air vehicles).  No water vehicles (including sub) or hiding underwater with rebreathers.  Sinister makes a good point that this will be tough as most free roam warriors will be using these items, but that challenge is good i think.  Besides, we don't want several teams all making it 48 minutes anyway do we?  Though maybe we should allow personal vehicles that are not weaponized or armored so we can at least use our fast cars?  Running from a bounty in a owned T20 is more likely to succeed than in a shitty NPC car.  Would be curious what others think on this.

I don't think we should have to keep moving 100% of the time.  I would say no going indoors (to hide -  going in liquor store to rob would be exception).  Maybe we have to rob a liquor store in Paleto Bay, Sandy Shores, and Los Santos to force some minimal movement.  As soon as store is robbed you have to leave.  No camping/hiding in liquor store.

Tie breaker should be randoms killed.  But I think we should not count AFK kills.  This could be tough to know and enforce but I think if a team is getting mercilessly attacked by one guy or one group and they manage to live and kill them many times, that should count.  Maybe we just go on the honor system and say do not kill or count kills on people who are seemingly AFK.  Killing non attackers who are not AFK should count though due to the inherent risk.

My original idea was one bounty and one protector.  But maybe both having a bounty is a better idea?  They could split up and lose each others protection but increase the amount of time it takes to have both bounties claimed?  Maybe the first tie breaker for 48 mins could be did both bounties survive?  At that point do both have to rob multiple stores?  Or do they have to rob the set stores between the two of them?  A downside is this would require two separate video uploads  

I will think about this some more but would love some feedback from  others as well.  It was my idea but it certainly does not have to be all my rules.  What do you think XDBX?

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 1

For me, the less rules, the better. 2 person teams (if enough people are willing because most avoid freeroam like the plague). Slap a bounty on your partner and see how long you two can go.

Many freeroam warriors are going to get your bounty no matter what vehicle you are in or where you are hiding. Remember, we can shoot through buildings and such these days.

Stay above ground and out of heavily armored vehicles like Avenger and MOC.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 1

How about no personal vehicles and force movement by visiting a new spot every 10min. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lann said:

How about no personal vehicles and force movement by visiting a new spot every 10min. 

Maybe we set a list of places you have to keep moving between, in order?

11 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Maybe we set a list of places you have to keep moving between, in order?

Maybe you have to visit at least three or four different places on the map?  Maybe more?  And have them spread out significantly?

@pete_95973 I did a bit ot research for this earlier. Went into a public lobby, stole NPC cars till I got a bounty on me. Over 20 others in there. No one came after me at all in about 1/2 hour. I started off in Sandy Shores, where I'd logged in. Waited in the motel there for ~10 mins. Then I moved to LS and just stood on the roof of my CEO building. Still no attempts to claim my bounty. Then I started driving around central LS, ran over a couple of other players, still no one trying to kill me. Finally died when I went after another player who seemed to be trying to hide, I killed them then they killed me. By the end of the 30 minutes quite few people had left the session, only 14 in there at the end. If I'd not gone after that final player I'm sure I could survived for as long as I wanted.

As I said before I don't go into public lobbies that much but based on this it seems to me it would be very easy to find a lobby where you can survive for a very long time without anyone showing any interest at all in claiming your bounty.

What do you think?

Maybe we need to to force those taking part to kill other players? Having total killed as the tie break would do this, but if it is too easy to find a lobby to keep your bounty for ages then everyone will be tied on the same time so the challenge will be how many kills you got in a specific time. There's nothing wrong with that as the challenge, but it's not really what you intended.

Another option is maybe we say you have to kill other players at a specified rate, like at least 1 every minute or something like that.

Edited by djw180

Sadly that is the randomness of free roam.

My last bounty lasted less than 5 minutes. I was in a tank doing criminal damage. An oppressor rider killed me in about 1 second in my fresh tank.