djw180

non-racing Crew Challenges

6 hours ago, djw180 said:

Isn't it simpler just to say don't use it at all? That just avoids any possible situation where we have decide if the player may or may not have been in a vehicle.

Would be fine with me

13 hours ago, djw180 said:

So the rules for this will be

• kill 10 different players in the fastest time
    • save a video
    • timing starts when the on screen message appears for your first kill and ends when the message for your 10th appears
  • you may not use any explosives, thrown weapons or minigun
    • that includes no using explosive rounds for the sniper rifles
    • but other modifications to weapons can be used
  • you may not use any aircraft, special vehicles, armoured vehicles nor any vehicle mounted guns or rockets
  • you can shoot people from a normal car / bike with a gun or mele kill from a bike
  • getting kills from vehicles or gas tanks exploding or your enemies own explosives being hit by your bullets is allowed
  • you may not go off the radar or pay the cops to turn a blind eye
  • you may call Merryweather, muggers, remove wanted level
  • in other words all your kills must come from
    • shooting
    • mele kills
    • running over in a normal vehicle
  • and they only count if the on screen message credits you wih the kill
  • at the end of challenge please upload the video of your best attempt and please also post a list of the players you killed (this just makes it easier to check them)

@pete_95973 @Lann Does that look OK?

Maybe the green text should say "you may not", otherwise those highlighted lines contradict themselves a bit IMO?  How about no phone services/MC or CEO abilities whatsoever.  Takes away any doubt that way.

Regarding shooting players while in a vehicle.  Just gotta make sure the shooter is also the driver.  As the passenger, it's way too easy to lock-on to players otherwise.  In fact, the challenge should be done completely solo, that way there can be no interference or help from another friend or crewmate (like being a distraction/decoy etc).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, no_snacks said:

Maybe the green text should say "you may not", otherwise those highlighted lines contradict themselves a bit IMO?  How about no phone services/MC or CEO abilities whatsoever.  Takes away any doubt that way.

Regarding shooting players while in a vehicle.  Just gotta make sure the shooter is also the driver.  As the passenger, it's way too easy to lock-on to players otherwise.  In fact, the challenge should be done completely solo, that way there can be no interference or help from another friend or crewmate (like being a distraction/decoy etc).

I'm not sure about calling Lester to remove a wanted level. I can see why it looks contradictory to not allow cops turning a blind eye but allow removing a wanted level. Maybe the latter's OK because you can't use it repeatedly, there's a cool down?. But it would be simpler to just say no calling any NPCs at all.

And yes I agree adding a rule that this has to be done completely solo is a good idea.

@Lann this is your original idea, what do you think? I want to start this later today so hopefully we can have all rules clarified ASAP.

• Like 1

If we can kerp it simple.

Either we allow all weaponwheel and any Perk available, every single one. But no vehicle mounted wespons.

or

Limit guns as above and no calling or perks whatsoever, maybe just your mechanic.

I am fine either way.

One more thing, one need to be allowed to die, and death can be used to remove wantedlevel.

What if we say no vehicle mounted weapons inkl dropping bombs, no airstrikes. But other than that do whatever you want, use all weaponwheel, use ceo, mc, off radar, blind eye..... Just a late thought that could keep it simple?

Too easy? well its too easy for all then and someone will be fastest! If its easy you can get more attempts in.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lann said:

Limit guns as above and no calling or perks whatsoever, maybe just your mechanic.

I am fine either way.

One more thing, one need to be allowed to die, and death can be used to remove wantedlevel.

I think that is the easiest to define and understand

I've also added in that you can wear anything you like, i.e. BPH etc allowed.

So updated rules, new bits in italics

• kill 10 different players in the fastest time
    • save a video
    • timing starts when the on screen message appears for your first kill and ends when the message for your 10th appears
  • you may not use any explosives, thrown weapons or minigun
    • that includes no using explosive rounds for the sniper rifles
    • but other modifications to weapons can be used
  • you must do this solo, you may not get any form of help from friends
  • you may not use any aircraft, special vehicles, armoured vehicles nor any vehicle mounted guns or rockets
  • you can shoot people from a normal car / bike with a gun or mele kill from a bike, so long as you are the driver
  • getting kills from vehicles or gas tanks exploding or your enemies own explosives being hit by your bullets is allowed
  • you may not call any NPCs
    • other than your mechanic to deliver a normal vehicle
  • you may not make use of any CEO or MC perks / abilities
  • getting killed is allowed
  • you can wear anything you like
  • in other words all your kills must come from
    • shooting
    • mele kills
    • running over in a normal vehicle
  • and they only count if the on screen message credits you wih the kill
  • at the end of challenge please upload the video of your best attempt and please also post a list of the players you killed (this just makes it easier to check them)

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

For the next challenge I was thinking of doing another Deathmatch challenge.

Most kills in any 10 minute R* or R*-verified DM or TDM but only using a specified type of weapon.

You need to save a video to show all your kills with the specified weapon. You may get kills with a different weapon but just deduct them from your final score.

• So what type of weapon ? should it be a whole class of weapons or one very specific one
  • Owned weapons allowed or just using forced and pickups

Owned weapons allowed and a specific class gives the most opportunities for this, most invites you get or quick-join on could count. 

If it was restricted to forced and pickups and / or a specific weapon then only some DMs you take part in would be viable for the challenge. It would be best to just host a DM with the right default weapon.

Any potential issues?

• if the allowed weapon is too powerful then not really much point in restricting it to that
  • if the allowed weapon is too weak then you may be seen as letting your teammates down

At the moment I am thinking the best way to do this is

• pick a specific weapon that has a number of popular DMs where that is the forced weapon
  • owned weapons not allowed
  • host the (T)DMs yourself, forced only

How does that sound?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, djw180 said:

For the next challenge I was thinking of doing another Deathmatch challenge.

Most kills in any 10 minute R* or R*-verified DM or TDM but only using a specified type of weapon.

You need to save a video to show all your kills with the specified weapon. You may get kills with a different weapon but just deduct them from your final score.

• So what type of weapon ? should it be a whole class of weapons or one very specific one
  • Owned weapons allowed or just using forced and pickups

Owned weapons allowed and a specific class gives the most opportunities for this, most invites you get or quick-join on could count. 

If it was restricted to forced and pickups and / or a specific weapon then only some DMs you take part in would be viable for the challenge. It would be best to just host a DM with the right default weapon.

Any potential issues?

• if the allowed weapon is too powerful then not really much point in restricting it to that
  • if the allowed weapon is too weak then you may be seen as letting your teammates down

At the moment I am thinking the best way to do this is

• pick a specific weapon that has a number of popular DMs where that is the forced weapon
  • owned weapons not allowed
  • host the (T)DMs yourself, forced only

How does that sound?

I like the idea. I suggest not doing it on a week where R* Double Cash event goes live because that lowers the DM populace as everyone is trying to get that double $$. If I had to pick one map where Joining or Hosting a full lobby are likely it would be "Shotgun Wedding".  Some maps take forever to fill if you are Hosting...but "SW" is usually not one of those maps. 

I like the idea of having to kill people at least once with a shotgun, pistol, rifle....but that forces us into Owned weapon maps only. I'll post a video in a few that I want to share in case people aren't aware of the best way to search for a DM for this challenge. 

For the past four years I searched for DMs through my phone and many times I had no idea what map I was being sent to and many times I'd be launched into a DM I didn't want to play, due to map or Host settings like 20 minute matches or 1st-person Only.  Yo Rosta told me this was a better way, although a 'longer' way, it is a better way and you will see why.... this way you get sent into the lobby and usually have ample time to quit it if you decide you don't like the map, etc...and as you can see, it takes just seconds to be back on the ground and continue searching. When you get the "No Deathmatch Found. Would you Like to Host?" click yes and once in the lobby, just leave. Just like you see in the video.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

On 02/11/2017 at 1:58 PM, Con said:

I like the idea. I suggest not doing it on a week where R* Double Cash event goes live because that lowers the DM populace as everyone is trying to get that double $$. If I had to pick one map where Joining or Hosting a full lobby are likely it would be "Shotgun Wedding".  Some maps take forever to fill if you are Hosting...but "SW" is usually not one of those maps.

I think starting this next Friday and running it for say 10 days should be OK. I asume they will change the double money jobs next Tuesday so the challenge will be starting 4 days after that and run for more than a week. That should give plenty of oppurtunities. There's always something on double money so we're never going to avoid them completely.

I think we'll just do shotguns, specifically the sawn off or pump shot gun. So we'd have to do jobs as forced and pickups where they are the only weapons (e.g. Shotgun Wedding) or forced only. That way there's no need to save videos, the allowed shotguns will be the only weapons availble. As usual we'll trust each other not to count any owned weapon DMs done. I'll have a look later to find some more DMs that have the pump or sawn off as the forced weapon.

Basic Rules

• any Rockstar or Verified (T)DM using only the pump or sawn off shotgun
  • 10 minutes
  • any opposition, randoms or crew
  • most kills wins
  • least deaths as tie break
  • wear what you like
  • no owned weapons

What do other people think about this? @Crawford1872 @Lann @pete_95973 etc?

Edited by djw180

Not being very used to joining or hosting TDM's outside of out events, I assume you need to host it in order to set it to forced, if so do people join?

45 minutes ago, Lann said:

Not being very used to joining or hosting TDM's outside of out events, I assume you need to host it in order to set it to forced, if so do people join?

@Con is best to answer that. In my experience yes they do join. Many will leave when they see it's not owned weapons but enough will stay to make this do-able.

The other option is let people join any DM they like but just use a shotgun, saving a video to show just shotgun kills. Personally I think it's simpler to restrict this to hosting yourself, or someone else doing this challenge hosting, and do forced weapons.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

I've looked at all the Deathmatches I could think of that might be shot gun only.

Shotgun Wedding is the only one I've found that could be done forced (sawed-off) and pickups (pump-action). All others I tried with a shot gun as forced have multiple different pickups, so these would still be OK as forced only

Pump Action has the pump action as the forced.

Ace Liquor, Boatyard, Chasing Shots, Commune and Trailer Park have the sawed-off as the forced.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lann said:

Yes. I suggest you Host if you want Forced Only because this option is the least popular with random hosts. Mainly because people join and see Forced Only and leave. But here is what you can do...Host and set it to Owned and PU, then at the last second, change it to Forced. Hopefully you won't lose most players once the match begins. 

If you want Forced and Pickups then lucky for you, you now know the fastest way to jump in and out of DM lobbies!!! Trust me if I was still finding DMs using the phone, I would be dreading this but am confident whether you Host or not, you'll find a good match. 

I plan on doing some DM hunting in a few hours, say about 1-2 hours from now and see what other maps are getting play at the moment. Honestly haven't been DM hunting as much since Rosta got a stupid job.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Con said:

then at the least second, change it to Forced

since Rosta got a stupid job.

:D

:D:D

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, djw180 said:

All others I tried with a shot gun as forced have multiple different pickups

Ace Liquor, Boatyard, Chasing Shots, Commune and Trailer Park have the sawed-off as the forced.

I do like those maps that have multiple pickups along with the Forced shotgun for when we do challenges that require kills with multiple weapons. Like 3-shotgun, 3-rifle, 3-sniper kills...of course all depending on the pickups. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Trailer Park and Shotgun wedding both get a lot of play from randoms even when on forced and pickups. I’ve playec trailer park three or four times in just the past week with randoms. 

• Like 1

@omarcomin71 and I were in a public lobby not long ago in an insurgent and we got about 25-30 kills on randoms between the two of us before either one of us died.  I wonder if some kind of team challenge in free roam to kill the most randoms in the fastest amount of time could be done?  Some conditions could be that you can't die (by cops or players), no suicide or EWO, you can't use off radar or ghost org, you can't use air vehicles, you can't kill AFK players (video may be required), you can't hide or go inside a property.  Maybe you get 1 point per kill and subtract time?  Or just the most kills without dying or changing lobbies and time would simply be a tie-breaker?  Just thinking out loud here.

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 3

I’ve just had a random idea inspired by the number of the latest crew challenge. 

147 is also the maximum break in snooker. We don’t have a snooker table but we do have a pool table in my 8 Ball job

Could make a challenge to set the fastest clearance of all balls from the table and then complete the lap to set the time. We probably would need a video as back up but that’s easy to get on PS4. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I’ve just had a random idea inspired by the number of the latest crew challenge. 

147 is also the maximum break in snooker. We don’t have a snooker table but we do have a pool table in my 8 Ball job

Could make a challenge to set the fastest clearance of all balls from the table and then complete the lap to set the time. We probably would need a video as back up but that’s easy to get on PS4. 

Nice, we will def do this

• Like 1

The recording aspect would allow for something like the longest trainride with 5 stars.

1. Get 5 stars

2. Get on train

3. Longest Time on train with 5 star wins.

So you need to both maintain 5 stars and stay alive.

• Like 2

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, pete_95973 said:

@omarcomin71 and I were in a public lobby not long ago in an insurgent and we got about 25-30 kills on randoms between the two of us before either one of us died.  I wonder if some kind of team challenge in free roam to kill the most randoms in the fastest amount of time could be done?  Some conditions could be that you can't die (by cops or players), no suicide or EWO, you can't use off radar or ghost org, you can't use air vehicles, you can't kill AFK players (video may be required), you can't hide or go inside a property.  Maybe you get 1 point per kill and subtract time?  Or just the most kills without dying or changing lobbies and time would simply be a tie-breaker?  Just thinking out loud here.

Thinking about this for the next challenge, @pete_95973 @omarcomin71 @Lann  + anyone else with a opinion.

• 2 player co-op challenge, both in-game at the same time to do this
    • so we pick our own teammates rather than random draw
  • both players in the same land vehicle
    • no tanks
    • no flying cars / bikes etc
    • armoured vehicles are fine
  • do we allow vehicle mounted weapons?
    • any restrictions, e.g. machine guns OK, rockets not OK
  • or just limit it to using hand held weapons from the car, pistols, SMGs, grenades etc
  • I think Insurgent, Techincal, Limo, Half Track etc guns OK
  • But I do not know about the other weapons you can mount on the APC, the new AA rocket launcher etc

• Challenge is to get the most kills before one of you dies
    • OR
  • Fastest time for 25 (or other number) kills with time penalty for every death the team suffers (what penalty, 10s?)
  • Either way kills only count when both teammates are in the same vehicle

I have no idea how good some people may be at this. If it's the first option might some teams last for a very long time before one of them dies? So would the second option be better?

Should they all be unique kills? i.e. can not count the same player killed more than once. That may be difficult to avoid, but you could just keep going until you are sure you have more than enough kills, then check your video to exclude repeated kills.

Other rules pretty much as in Pete's post

• no calling any NPC for anything, except
    • getting a new personal, CEO, Pegasus vehicle delivered
  • no killing obviously AFK players
    • accidental collateral damage may be unavoidable, so allowed?
    • if it's unique kills only then one or two AFK players won't really matter
  • no going inside a building
    • multi story car parks OK?
  • what about tunnels - I think maybe OK
  • Like 1

I think i prefer ”without getting killed” as it allows one to be tactic and one can change session without worrying about time if you run out of victims. 

2 hours ago, Lann said:

I think i prefer ”without getting killed” as it allows one to be tactic and one can change session without worrying about time if you run out of victims. 

Could a team be good enough to last more than hour without getting killed? I'm just thinking about saving videos. That will probably have to be a requirement in order to count the kills.

Another alternative is to do this for a fixed amount of time, getting as many kills as you can and losing points for deaths. But that would need to be properly balanced with respect to how many points a death loses you.

Edited by djw180

4 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Could a team be good enough to last more than hour without getting killed? I'm just thinking about saving videos. That will probably have to be a requirement in order to count the kills.

Another alternative is to do this for a fixed amount of time, getting as many kills as you can and losing points for deaths. But that would need to be properly balanced with respect to how many points a death loses you.

You could add a max time limit as well as the need stay alive, 60min or death ends the attempt.

• Like 3

This sounds like a fun challenge.  Pete and I have gone on some pretty long runs but I think 30 - 40 minutes has been the longest before getting killed.

Don't forget about dealing with the cops.  It gets pretty crazy once you have five stars.  :D

• Like 2

How about these rules then?

• 2 player coop challenge, both teammates have to be in-game at the same time in the same land vehicle, killing randoms.
    • choose your own teammate
  • The challenge is to kill the most randoms without either of you getting killed and within a  maximum of 40 minutes
    • if two teams are tied on number of kills then shortest time from 1st to last kill wins
  • Any vehicles are allowed other than
    • no tanks
    • no flying vehicles
  • Kills only count if both teammembers are in the same allowed vehicle at the time
    • that means one in the driver seat and the other inside the vehicle as a passenger or on the mounted machine guns / cannons
    • if either of you are outside the vehicle kills don't count (being on the mounted guns counts as "in" the vehicle).
  • Kills only count if obtained using hand held weapons (guns or thrown) as a driver or passenger or a vehicle mounted machine gun (e.g. Insurgent pickup, technical, limo, half track etc)
    • No rockets
    • No vehicle mounted grenade launchers
    • No rail guns
  • Forward firing machine guns operated by the driver are allowed
  •  
    • ****** ANY OTHER EXCEPTIONS to vehicles or vehicle mounted weapons ??  ******
    •  
  • You can only count one kill per random, so killing the same player multiple times counts as 1 point
    • therefore you MUST save a video of your killing spree so that you, and if required independent judges, can check how many kills you got
    • each team must make their own list of the names of the players killed
    • please everyone post your video on the challenge thread
  • You may not phone or in any other way contact or make use of NPC services, other than
    • you may contact your mechanic, CEO assistant, MC club or Pegasus to deliver a new vehicle (see above for what's allowed)
  • You may not go inside buildings (stock up on armour, ammo and snacks before you start)
  • You may not buy ammunition through the interaction menu
  • Changing sessions is allowed
  • Armoured vehicles are allowed
  • Getting out of the vehicle is allowed, but remember you can't count any kills from outside the vehicle

How does that sound? What have I missed out?

And please, please can people who know far more about free roam killing than me (i.e. everyone), particularly check to see if any other vehicles or types of vehicle mounted weapon need to be banned. I think Pete's original idea for this was two people in an Insurgent pickup or similar, but we have lots of weaponised vehicles now. I don't have most of them and don't use those I have very often. It may be easier just to say what vehicles are allowed rather than what are not allowed.

@pete_95973 @omarcomin71 @Lann + other crew challenge regulars and free roam killers etc  @Crawford1872 @Fido_le_muet @Banketelli @Protocawl @Con @zztop911 @yo_rosta @JustHatched - all feedback welcome even if you won't be doing the challenge.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

Just got to work but will review as soon as I get a chance. I'm not a free roam hunter so I wont have the best input. But if I can add anything , i will.

• Like 1

What about proximity mines dropped from the insurgent?  This is rare but it can happen. :) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

What about proximity mines dropped from the insurgent?  This is rare but it can happen. :) 

You can't carry that many can you, is it 5? As you can't go inside buildings or use any NPC services to re-arm you won't be able to get too many proxy mine kills. So I would say allow them.

Added no buying ammo through the interaction menu to the rules.

Edited by djw180

7 minutes ago, djw180 said:

You can't carry that many can you, is it 5? As you can't go inside buildings or use any NPC services to re-arm you won't be able to get too many proxy mine kills. So I would say allow them.

Added no buying ammo through the interaction menu to the rules.

I think the upgraded insurgent can drop almost unlimited proxies.  May not be unlimited but it is way more than 5.  Its hard to get kills that way though so I think they should count :)

You can't throw grenades or stickies from that insurgent though (at least in mine) so that kind of makes up for it.

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:59 PM, Squirrel said:

This will be the next crew challenge. Fairly simple I think

• 1 lap
  • custom sports (that's the default)
  • has to be done solo
  • pot all the balls then finish the lap
    • balls may be potted in any order
  • save video
    • this should clearly show all balls have been potted
  • fastest time wins

Anything else we need to add @Squirrel + anyone else with an opinion

Draft instructions for the challenge.

Crew Challenge 152 - 8-Ball

A solo time trial with a twist on Squirrel's Pool-themed stunt race 8-Ball. Do your fastest 1-lap race in a custom sports car, but you must pot all the balls. Save a video that clearly shows all balls have been potted, i.e. let us see the empty table. You pot the balls by forcing them into the pockets anyway you like and in any order. This has to be done solo, other settings are up to you. Make as many attempts as you like.

Thread on our forums http://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/topic/12082-8-ball/?tab=comments#comment-160961

RSSC link https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/1q_3kkGURESHTHvdnKbSoA

Starts now - when I post the new thread

Ends 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) 26th April

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Lann said:

The recording aspect would allow for something like the longest trainride with 5 stars.

1. Get 5 stars

2. Get on train

3. Longest Time on train with 5 star wins.

So you need to both maintain 5 stars and stay alive.

Just quoting this one so I don't forget. This will be the next something different challenge after the above and another couple of time trials.

Edited by djw180