I'm not normally a big fan of covers, especially if the original was a song you grew up with.

There have been a few good ones though, along with the thousands of butchered ones.

I used to be a big fan of 80's and 90's Aussie bands including INXS, so I watched the "Rockstar INXS" reality show that tried to find a replacement for Michael Hutchence.

On one episode, a female singer, Jordis Unga had to cover Imagine by John Lennon.  That's a pretty tall order, and I thought she'd make a real mess of it, but I gotta say, at times it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

There are a couple of bits that are a little cringeworthy or contrived, but the rest of the song is amazing.

I love the original by Lennon, but if I had to choose one, I'd probably choose hers.  

• Like 1

I don't even have to think about this one. My favorite cover is Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire by Social Distortion.

I also like when Pearl Jam does The Who covers in concert but I don't know if they're great. I just love those two bands.

Stevie Ray Vaughan's version of Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix. And of course, Johnny Cash' version of Hurt - Nine Inch Nails, but I got ninja'd :D

• Like 1

I was the type of person who hated covers, i found it hard to hear one cover and actually think it was performed better than the original. That was a long time ago, so may i present for the first time in a thread... (sorry for spamming the thread with alot of videos scotty!)

Jalj's Not-In-Order-Always-Changing Top 4 cover songs.

These are the top 4 i could think of off the top of my head....so if i remember another one ill post it later! 

Im leaving "i will always love you" by the late, great Whitney Houston of this list because i mean we know its all good so no need to repost it lol.

METRO-SYSTEM OF A DOWN (BERLIN COVER)

https://youtu.be/P8CMA6yHc0k

KILLING ME SOFTLY-THE FUGEES (ROBERTA FLACK)

https://youtu.be/_KpeCk6NyZU

THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD-NIRVANA (DAVID BOWIE)

https://youtu.be/fregObNcHC8

MY WAY-FRANK SINATRA (PAUL ANKA)

https://youtu.be/6E2hYDIFDIU

Its funny no one has has mentioned this song because other people always seem to bring it up to me when i mention covers:

MAD WORLD-GARY JULES (TEARS FOR FEARS)

https://youtu.be/Oa-ae6_okmg

and while it is a amazing cover, being a HARDCORE LIVE AND DIE Tears for Fears fan i just cant pick it over the original. 

Edited by JALJ

I don't mind covers, I don't care for the comedic versions of most songs.

Here's a few good ones though

Halestorm cover of Fleetwood Mac's Golddust woman

Halestorm cover os AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill

Not sure if this a cover song or mixtape or whatever but this man is too talented!!

Lots of cool songs! I think a lot of the great classic songs can never be out done and will never really be able to sound better than the original.

I do like a lot of the pop song covers though. Its great to hear how some one else interprets it and puts their own spin on it. There is no shortage of absolutely amazing artists out there who will probably never really get any where but at least with you tube and what not they can get a good following.

I don't mind covers, I don't care for the comedic versions of most songs.

So you're telling me you don't like Obama singing pop songs!? 

Haha im sorry it was too funny not to :P

• Like 1

The Day I Tried To Live - My favourite track from "The Anatomy Of", an album of covers by Between the Buried and Me.

• Like 1

Great song if you like led zeppelin

Some alice in chains on a bowie cover!

• Like 1

Cover of Metallica's Creeping Death, this is a good one.

3 hours ago, Team_Bub_8487 said:

I'd seriously recommend searching for Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox on Spotify or YouTube.

The wife showed me this. The radiohead cover was cool. 

I like the Pink Floyd covers from Primus and anything by Ministry.

• Like 1

I love Joe Cocker's version of With a Little Help from my Friends. It sounds so different than the Beatles original that you can almost enjoy both as if they were two different songs.