djw180

shoutbox not working

The shoutbox is not working for me today. I just see this

DyJggcf.png

and it never loads. I've tried refreshing page, logging out then logging in again, different browsers, nothing works. 

Anyone else?

Edited by djw180

3 minutes ago, djw180 said:

DyJggcf.png

and it never loads. I've tried refreshing page, logging out then logging in again, different browsers, nothing works. 

Anyone else?

I upgraded it last night. Works for me. I just woke up and will figure something out but it may be a bit before I can get to it with work

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, djw180 said:

DyJggcf.png

Anyone else?

What browser are u using? And for curious, have you tried using another source to view the site?

40 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Same as DJ.

Working for me. 

19 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

What browser are u using? And for curious, have you tried using another source to view the site?

Edge, Firefox & Chrome, Windows 10.

Shout box is not there at all now, but I assume you've done that fixing / looking for a problem?

.. and now back to same "loading" icon.

Edited by djw180

Not working on my phone using Safari 

1 minute ago, djw180 said:

Edge and Firefox, Windows 10.

Shout box is not there at all now, but I assume you've done that fixing / looking for a problem?

Yeah, I deleted it and did a fresh install to see if that would be an easy fix

8 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Edge, Firefox & Chrome, Windows 10.

.. and now back to same "loading" icon.

I have disabled all the other 3rd party stuff to see if it is clashing with something else, let me know if that helped

I just posted to the shout box, and now I can see 3 messages there. mine I just posted and one each from Hatch and Fido from about 15 mins ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Just the same :(

Well, that is a good thing, at least it isn't working against something. I'll post when I comeup with something

I think maybe that is fixed isn't it? I can see messages from after you did the fresh install. 

Or should I be able to see older messages as well?

2 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I just posted to the shout box, and now I can see 3 messages there. mine I just posted and one each from Hatch and Fido from about 15 mins ago.

Everybody else who is having issues, try this and let me know if it still does not work for you. In the mean time I am submitting a report with the dev

1 minute ago, djw180 said:

I think maybe that is fixed isn't it? I can see messages from after you did the fresh install. 

Or should I be able to see older messages as well?

Just the ones after the fresh install

OK what is happening now is this.

Shout box is just showing the loading icon

I post to the shoutbox and it's fine.

I move to another thread then back to shout box and it's just the loading icon again.

So it seems you post something and then keep that window open, opening other threads / pages in a new window, it's fine.

scrap that - when I go back to the window I left shout box open on it's gone again.

getting confusing now

Lets just leave it as it's still not working properly for me, posting to shoutbox at least temporarily fixes it.

Edited by djw180

Sent a message to the dev, he is in Vietnam so I don't know what time it is there but he is good about fixing stuff but it may be a bit before he sees the message

• Thanks 1

Dev sent me a message that he is aware that there is a bug, seems other sites having some issue. He is working on a fix. May be a day or 2 before he gets it done

• Like 1

1. Shoutbox wasnt there, only the field to type in

2. I post something and it appear

3. I try to open notification - no respons

4 After typing this post i try open notification from ”here” and it works.

(chrome on phone)

Edited by Lann

No word on if the fixed version will be out over the weekend. I know for sure over 6000 forums use this chat box and we aren't the only ones with issues. 

That said this is a freebie so it may be a bit but as soon as its out I will install it.

If this goes on into the mid week there is a paid chatbot that I can get a 10 day trial on and I may opt for the trial to get us by for a bit. But no plans to actually buy it cuz it 75 dollars to do basically the same as the freebie

• Like 4

Posting here as well so ppl know why the countdown is not looking as it should.

When i press "Edit" nothing pops up as it usually do, so I cant edit the countdown order/list.

Off topic: Same feeling of getting no respons is happening for me when pressing the notification button in the top right when on the startpage. Once I get into the forum or read a thread the notifications pop up as it should.

I feel something is making things not showing up (shoutbox posts, notifications, and now the editing box for the countdown).

KumwqMW.png

7 hours ago, Lann said:

Posting here as well so ppl know why the countdown is not looking as it should.

When i press "Edit" nothing pops up as it usually do, so I cant edit the countdown order/list.

Off topic: Same feeling of getting no respons is happening for me when pressing the notification button in the top right when on the startpage. Once I get into the forum or read a thread the notifications pop up as it should.

I feel something is making things not showing up (shoutbox posts, notifications, and now the editing box for the countdown).

KumwqMW.png

I'm trying to figure out why this is happening cuz all I have done is updgrade (break) the chatbox only, it shouldnt have had an effect on anything else. 

Just now, omarcomin71 said:

The shout box has now disappeared for me as well. Nothing on my iPhone.  :( 

I disable it for a bit trying to figure out Lanns timer issue

• Like 1

SO here is where we are, the chatbox had a fix released which completely fucked it to the point it won't even install, so I have put in for a trial period of the paid one called Babble

The timers work but are also fucked for some damn reason. @Lann i was able to reorder them, I don't have the issue you are having but have an issue. I uploaded a newer version of it so you may try again just to see if it fixed it for you. Otherwise until I can figure it out I will need to do that part of it

@Lann, try switching to the IPS Default theme and see if the timers work for you there. I think it is a theme issue as it works like it is suppose to for me with it