DavidCore89

XDBX World Cup 2018 (Fantasy Football)

All players from both teams are listed as DNP and have no day points. Must be some sort of error.

EDIT: Seems to be fixed now.

Edited by kernalhogan

1 hour ago, kernalhogan said:

All players from both teams are listed as DNP and have no day points. Must be some sort of error.

EDIT: Seems to be fixed now.

still not correct on mine. And they gave the man of the match to moutinho, when FIFA gave it to Ronaldo.... go figure...

Its not based on the man of the match rather than the player rating. The Fifa award doesn’t come in to this competition. 

I was expecting far more goals than today so far.  Good day for defenders. Hogans pulled off another good haul and still got Spain to play. 

Having so many points riding on one Saudi goal was just the right amount of excitement for that game. A lot closer match than I was expecting. Saudi Arabia looked much better than vs. Russia.

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Its not based on the man of the match rather than the player rating. The Fifa award doesn’t come in to this competition. 

I was expecting far more goals than today so far.  Good day for defenders. Hogans pulled off another good haul and still got Spain to play. 

Player rating by whom?

Because Ronaldo was the MOM in this game, after all, he scored the deciding goal. Still he only got a 7.53 rating, wheras Moutinho, which is one of the main responsibles for such a lowsy game by Portugal, got an 8.11.... what?????

If they had awarded the MOM to Patrício, I would kinda understand, but Moutinho????

2 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Player rating by whom?

Because Ronaldo was the MOM in this game, after all, he scored the deciding goal. Still he only got a 7.53 rating, wheras Moutinho, which is one of the main responsibles for such a lowsy game by Portugal, got an 8.11.... what?????

If they had awarded the MOM to Patrício, I would kinda understand, but Moutinho????

This is the site used by the competition to rate the players.

https://www.whoscored.com/

It’s based on trackable metrics rather than opinion which is what the Fifa MOM is based on. BBC’s MOM is based on viewers opinion as well.

Full team breakdown for the game here: 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1249949/LiveStatistics/International-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-Portugal-Morocco

Ronaldo may have got the goal but he had poor passing in the game. Moutinho was making the plays and had high accuracy with his passing. 

Edited by Squirrel

I believe there is a scoring error for Jose Gimenez of Uruguay on Day 7 vs. Saudi Arabia.

Whoscored.com has Gimenez listed as a 7.0 rated player for the match, which should award him a 3pt bonus. But he is only listed with 5 day pts(Clean Sheet) on The Sun's page.

Not sure if I'm missing some detail about the scoring or if this is just another error. Any Jose Gimenez owners might want to look more into this.

1 hour ago, kernalhogan said:

I believe there is a scoring error for Jose Gimenez of Uruguay on Day 7 vs. Saudi Arabia.

Whoscored.com has Gimenez listed as a 7.0 rated player for the match, which should award him a 3pt bonus. But he is only listed with 5 day pts(Clean Sheet) on The Sun's page.

Not sure if I'm missing some detail about the scoring or if this is just another error. Any Jose Gimenez owners might want to look more into this.

I don’t have him in this team but I do in my team for the work league. 

Other players to score a 7 have got the extra 3 points. 

It could be a rounding error. I’m sure there are plenty of people looking into it. If they fix it that’s good if not oh well it’s just a game. 

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

It could be a rounding error. I’m sure there are plenty of people looking into it. If they fix it that’s good if not oh well it’s just a game. 

That was one of my thoughts. He scores a 6.99 but it gets rounded on the website. No one really gains an advantage one way or the other, as long as it's scored the same for everyone's teams, which it is. 

The only reason I even looked into it, was that Gimenez and Muslera were both given the 3pt bonus for 7+ rating right after the match was finished. When I checked about thirty minutes later, both players only had 5pts. Then I went to the Whoscored site and noticed Muslera ranked at 6.9 and Gimenez at 7 even. I'm assuming they do stat confirmations after the matches and both players were given a correction. 

13 hours ago, Squirrel said:

This is the site used by the competition to rate the players.

https://www.whoscored.com/

It’s based on trackable metrics rather than opinion which is what the Fifa MOM is based on. BBC’s MOM is based on viewers opinion as well.

Full team breakdown for the game here: 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1249949/LiveStatistics/International-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-Portugal-Morocco

Ronaldo may have got the goal but he had poor passing in the game. Moutinho was making the plays and had high accuracy with his passing. 

That tends to happen when all you do is pass back and sides and never forward.  You have better statistics. If you tend to try and be bold, statistics will work against you. 

Moutinho was playing so well, that he was awarded with being subbed...

You cannot be objective in Football. there is no "trackable metrics" method that works, because one single stroke of genius can be enough to make you shine, even if overall you didn´t play as well as somebody else...

Besides:

If I eat an entire chicken and you starve, statitically we both ate half a chicken.... doesn´t really matter if you starved or not...

But, yeah, I can see how that is easier for the league itself. It is not accurate, but, at least, its fair. I just have to adjust  picking the players accordingly, because defensive midfielders, f.e., will have better ratings than offensive midfielders in close matches.

Edited by Spinnaker1981

I’m not the only one cursing Otamendi and the rest of the Argentinian defense. ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I’m not the only one cursing Otamendi and the rest of the Argentinian defense. ?

I saw that defeat coming.

Had 0 Argies and put some money on a Croatia win at 3/1 odds.

I was (am) smug :)

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Close battle for 10th!

• Like 1

Yay! Finally off the bottom for now

• Like 1

Latest standings:

29uy6qf.jpg

Not the best day for me. -1 for De Gea, Ramos and Ronaldo.

Running low on transfers now, anyone used them all?

9 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Latest standings:

29uy6qf.jpg

Not the best day for me. -1 for De Gea, Ramos and Ronaldo.

Running low on transfers now, anyone used them all?

Almost, spent a few to make some matches more interesting to watch. 

More than half left. I don't mind losing a little bit of ground on the leaders knowing I can switch my whole team after the knock out stage begins

I have 9 left. Stopped transfering when I found out it wasn't just for the group stage :D

• Haha 1

I sti have my original team. Probably why I'm near the bottom too ?

@DavidCore89 depends on the number of transfers used. 

This week has definitely been a bit of a lull. Waiting for qualifying teams to be confirmed as well as lots of key players off form or being rested. 

When the first round is done will we be able to clear out the eliminated players without having to use the transfers?

10 minutes ago, Xyon14 said:

When the first round is done will we be able to clear out the eliminated players without having to use the transfers?

I would be surprised if that was the case.