DavidCore89

XDBX World Cup 2018 (Fantasy Football)

1 minute ago, Schumi6581 said:

oh come on. That's not a one-match thing.

I am totally biased off course. I just cannot disconnect Ronaldo's performance from how he appears to be as a person.

Personally I can’t stand Ronaldo. However he is now at his peak while Messi’s glory days are over. He should have stayed in retirement. 

Just now, Squirrel said:

Personally I can’t stand Ronaldo. However he is now at his peak while Messi’s glory days are over. He should have stayed in retirement. 

You're probably right.... But I'm stil in denial 😉

48 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

oh come on. That's not a one-match thing.

I am totally biased off course. I just cannot disconnect Ronaldo's performance from how he appears to be as a person. 

More than 4000 life saving pediatric surgeries payed by him directly, 1250 jobs just in Portugal directly payed by his enterprises in Portugal. He also spent more hours than any football player ever in fan meetings and autograph signing sessions.

Every coach says he is the first to arrive at any given training session, and the last to leave.

Several players report seeing him training with the kids after his training sessions.

Yes, he earns a lot of money, and he isn´t exactly modest, but I wouldn´t be either after his career. He has broken almost every record you can think of and, at 33, he has the physical condition of a 26/27 year old player.

What do you see in him that makes you dislike him? Arrogance? cos I can see where that comes from, but I can give you a whole lot o examples of how he is diabolized by the Catalunya press, the same way Messi is by the pro-Real Madrid press.

By the way, he played for 3 clubs in all his career. He is loyal, that is for sure.

Edited by Spinnaker1981

In his peak? Glory days over?! Numbers would argue otherwise.

0ZLdDBh.png

Goals:

oycXTsX.png

To me it just feels like Messi doesn't give 2 shits about his national team, that's all, they must have a really shitty team spirit or something, ARG would have lost against any other half decent team today.

Ronaldo might be a skilled football beast (I'll give him that), but I can't stand him. That last freekick foul yesterday was an acting masterclass too.

Just like LeBron in basketball, a beast and probably best player, but can't really stand him.

Not talking about off the pitch personas at all, talking strictly about players during a match.

Edited by zmurko

17 minutes ago, zmurko said:

In his peak? Glory days over?! Numbers would argue otherwise.

0ZLdDBh.png

Goals:

oycXTsX.png

To me it just feels like Messi doesn't give 2 shits about his national team, that's all, they must have a really shitty team spirit or something, ARG would have lost against any other half decent team today.

Ronaldo might be a skilled football beast (I'll give him that), but I can't stand him. That last freekick foul yesterday was an acting masterclass too.

Just like LeBron in basketball, a beast and probably best player, but can't really stand him.

Not talking about off the pitch personas at all, talking strictly about players during a match.

Who is LeBron???

I’m just glad I’m alive to be able to see both Messi and Ronaldo play the sport at their level. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Standings after day 3:

34o7yf8.jpg

Look at me! Totally in line with Dutch football performance 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Standings after day 3:

34o7yf8.jpg

Seriously? I am first?, well, missed the transfer window tonight, so that won´t last...

I only have Matic and Layun playing today.

Edited by Spinnaker1981

Transfers weren't working last night for me, but worked today.

They may be still available today, not really sure how the lockout works.

And, yesterday Layun and Matic saved me from falling from 1st....But. today, my only player is Courtois. I hope he does good, but several English and Belgium players there, so Losing 1st is almost guaranteed. Good luck everyone.

I love (and curse) how is really not predictable, great to see imo unexpected results.

1 hour ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

And, yesterday Layun and Matic saved me from falling from 1st....But. today, my only player is Courtois. I hope he does good, but several English and Belgium players there, so Losing 1st is almost guaranteed. Good luck everyone.

Don't be affraid to fall....enjoy your time topping the charts....

2 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

Don't be affraid to fall....enjoy your time topping the charts....

Not afraid. I am not a football guru.... but I do enjoy the game... :P

1 hour ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Not afraid. I am not a football guru.... but I do enjoy the game... :P

My experience is that football guru's almost never win fantasy football 😂

Hogans 52 point hall deseve recognition 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Only a couple of changes after the latest matches:

szdd20.jpg

Squirrel takes the lead.

Some big teams and players in action tomorrow.

• Like 3

Looks like I'll have to pull a Hogan and hope no one else scores for a few days to get anywhere near the top. :lol:

7 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Only a couple of changes after the latest matches:

szdd20.jpg

Squirrel takes the lead.

Some big teams and players in action tomorrow.

Portugal, Spain and Uruguay all playing weak teams. Should be some big points available today.  

19 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Portugal, Spain and Uruguay all playing weak teams. Should be some big points available today.  

Shhh don’t tell anyone that!

29 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Shhh don’t tell anyone that!

It’s safe to tell them today. It’s too late to transfer the big guns into the team 😂

Think I've used 10 transfers already, gonna try and keep some for the KO stages.

Oh dear, my league position shows how out of touch I am with football. Years of supporting Sunderland have taken their toll.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pb76 said:

Oh dear, my league position shows how out of touch I am with football. Years of supporting Sunderland have taken their toll.

That's no excuse, I'm a Leeds fan :D

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Think I've used 10 transfers already, gonna try and keep some for the KO stages.

I think you get new transferts after the group stage.

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I think you get new transferts after the group stage.

5.2 TRANSFER ALLOWANCE

Each team will be credited with twenty (20) transfers for the entire Tournament which can be used following kick-off of the first Eligible Match at 16:00:00 on 14 June 2018. Managers have until 18:59:59 on 15 July 2018  to use their allocation of available transfers.

38 minutes ago, kernalhogan said:
5.2 TRANSFER ALLOWANCE

Each team will be credited with twenty (20) transfers for the entire Tournament which can be used following kick-off of the first Eligible Match at 16:00:00 on 14 June 2018. Managers have until 18:59:59 on 15 July 2018  to use their allocation of available transfers.

Glips ! I'll stop my transfers for now :D

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

This must be wrong? 

tVISUfZ.jpg