Protocawl

ps4 DiRT Rally (& the XDBX League)

Hi I have a question what transmissions are you use automatic or manual I mean using automatic

anyone remember the old PlayStation 2 type controller right analogue stick for throttle and brake I had r1 gear up and l1 gear down then PlayStation 3 came along so I started using automatic didn't think the news X and Square  bottons

for the last week when I play Project CARS 2 I'm in using manual and play on a controlled load because I have no steering that's how I figured it it's a bit difficult for me to get used to in rally

34 minutes ago, Road2fury said:

Hi I have a question what transmissions are you use automatic or manual I mean using automatic

anyone remember the old PlayStation 2 type controller right analogue stick for throttle and brake I had r1 gear up and l1 gear down then PlayStation 3 came along so I started using automatic didn't think the news X and Square  bottons

for the last week when I play Project CARS 2 I'm in using manual and play on a controlled load because I have no steering that's how I figured it it's a bit difficult for me to get used to in rally

I'm using automatic, haven't got used to any sort of gear change layout on the controller.

I use manual, but not controller.

Think I used to use X for gear up and square for gear down in older games. Not a bad layout when R2 and L2 are accelerator and brake.

Season 3 is live! 5 days 14 hours left to finish the 1st event (Greece).

Well I didn't have a good rally 

I had a crash 

Go to 2.45 if you're in a hurry

Edited by Road2fury
Time of crash

I love Greece! The roads, vegetation and lighting all remind me of the roads I used to ride in Southern California. I also really enjoyed seeing my dust on the road above after turning hairpins. Clean rally except for last stage where I had to reset car once.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beez said:

I love Greece! The roads, vegetation and lighting all remind me of the roads I used to ride in Southern California. I also really enjoyed seeing my dust on the road above after turning hairpins. Clean rally except for last stage where I had to reset car once.

I hate Greece dnf

Fury still Furious about it

Not a huge fan of Greece either.  Finished about 3 seconds behind Beez, could have had first, but too many stupid mistakes.

Looking forward to next event :) 

• Like 2

Now that I have a wheel I must have a rally game. This one currently costs 15€. But I have a question for those who own both dirt rally and dirt 4. In terms of graphics and sounds in general, is dirt 4 a lot better than dirt rally or there is no big difference between the two?

6 hours ago, PapOiteE said:

Now that I have a wheel I must have a rally game. This one currently costs 15€. But I have a question for those who own both dirt rally and dirt 4. In terms of graphics and sounds in general, is dirt 4 a lot better than dirt rally or there is no big difference between the two?

Dirt Rally is miles ahead in terms of graphics and immersion. Dirt 4 has incredibly bad graphics compared to Rally. I don't know why or how it was done this way...

Considering there's more of us playing DiRT Rally, I'd say buy this one (first). You'll be more than welcome to join our league!

• Thanks 1

35 hours remaining to finish Rally Greece! @Crawford1872, @DavidCore89

Also, I'll see if I can organise a timer for our league on the home page next to all the other event timers.

Just finished this. Went pretty well all things considered. 2 minute lead atm so come at me @Protocawl ;) Car is a lot easier to handle with a proper setup (which it’s wayyy to easy to overwrite, whoever came up with that menu layout needs to be shot) 

Only went cliff diving twice on the long middle stage but apart from that was fairly clean. 

My night stage is a good example of nearly falling off a few times and JUST saving it :D 

• Like 1

I'll do my stages tonight. Ends at 8AM tomorrow, right?

Also agree with Proto, DiRT Rally is the better game by a long way.

Currently on sale as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

I'll do my stages tonight. Ends at 8AM tomorrow, right?

That's correct. I will also be doing mine tonight.

• Like 1

One thing you don't want to do is crash your headlights out on a night stage. :blink:

• Like 1

Just finished the rally and all I can say is: well done @Crawford1872! I messed up the first 3 stages so bad that even stage wins from the last 3 stages (so far; DC hasn't done them yet) didn't help me get closer than a minute and a half anymore. I've never had a great relationship with Greece, but was hoping I could keep it clean this time. At least I got the setup spot-on. I'll post the footage later today.

• Thanks 1

Good rally.

Finished 4.5s behind Ally. Bust my radiator after ignoring don't cut.

Only ran a random stage to get the hang of it before running everything, but I remembered bits of the Greece stages.

Way off my best times from a while ago, but good fun.

Well done :)

• Like 3

Repeating the stages over the event helped me out a lot especially being new to the car. 

But pleasantly surprised to take the win on this one. It’s only gonna get better as we all get more comfortable with it so looking forward to the next event :) 

• Like 1

I really enjoy Finland every time, no matter what happens and it's our 2nd event this season, starting in 11 hours!

All done with Finland.

Lots of fun, much better than Greece ;) I did manage to fuck my car up so badly that visibility became a real issue due to my crumpled bonnet.  The rain didn't help either.  I was hopping up in my seat trying to see where I was going, like a little old lady trying to see over the steering wheel :D

• Haha 2

Did 2 stages, jumps battered my car so lost some pace. Will finish tonight or tomorrow.

I've been having this strange stomach abdomen pain so i do my best

Lost my lights in the last section of the long 2nd night stage. Overall drove my pace and tried to keep the car in good shape. 

@Dodge, @Crawford1872, @Road2fury, @DavidCore89, @Beez, @LimeGreenLegend

I hope you've all noticed already, but if not - we have a timer for each event of the season on the main page now, among the GTA event timers!

Which brings us to the following reminder: 1 day 9 hrs remaining to finish Rally Finland! If you haven't done it already, you've got until Friday 8am UTC to run it!

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

Finished!

Had both warning lights on, but the car didn't wanna quit :)

• Like 1

Been a tough week. I won't get this one done. 

@Smurf mentioned DiRT Rally would be on sale and now it looks like it is at 80% off.  

I think I want to buy this.  Can you guys confirm that there is a 3rd person option.  Seems all the footage I’ve seen is in 1st person. 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1