Protocawl

ps4 DiRT Rally (& the XDBX League)

Not going to get this done. 

• Like 1

Had a few quid lying in the psn wallet so downloading this now

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Had a few quid lying in the psn wallet so downloading this now

Then this season will be my last in the top 3. I'm a consistent driver that finishes stages and rallies but not very quick at all. 

6 minutes ago, Beez said:

Then this season will be my last in the top 3. I'm a consistent driver that finishes stages and rallies but not very quick at all. 

Don’t jump the gun dude, my rally ethos comes from a childhood of watching the late great Colin McRae. I subscribe to his school of “win it, or bin it”. And I suspect the latter will happen more often than not 

*already rolled my baby mini off a cliff on my first ever stage* 

Edited by Crawford1872

7 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

Don’t jump the gun dude, my rally ethos comes from a childhood of watching the late great Colin McRae. I subscribe to his school of “win it, or bin it”. And I suspect the latter will happen more often than not 

Ha! I wreck all the time too. But when I get it right, the stage is stupid fast. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dodge said:

Ha! I wreck all the time too. But when I get it right, the stage is stupid fast. 

Yup haha, I was just getting comfortable in the mini and then tried the 80’s cozzie. Holy crap! 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 6:36 PM, Beez said:

I'd say it's probably the better alternative to the balls-out "win or crash & burn" method that the rest of us have been using! Keep it up, add a little speed on stages you've done before and you'll see your times improve more and more. ;)

23 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

16 hours ago, Dodge said:

It seems we've all started out the same way then!

I probably rolled and wrecked the cars in my first ever stages as well, I know I got the crashing trophies in DiRT games right away, not deliberately! :lol:

I used to follow the "win it or bin it" method as well, but all I got from it was a mangled car after every stage, struggling to keep the engine from blowing up or just the wheels under the car by the end of the rally or just getting a few fastest stages, only to retire the rally before finish due to the car not surviving the beat-down. :P This season, I learned that the way to go about it is to prioritise the car's health and clean stages over being the fastest on every stage at all costs. I have to say, my driving improved, results improved and my car stayed in close to prime condition for most of the rallies. As I said to Lime: Imagine it's your personal car. You wouldn't treat it so recklessly, would you? Besides, one could win a rally without winning any stages, so there's no need to go all in all the time.

Anyway, Season 2 is now over and I'll post the results over the weekend along with some other things. Then you'll be able to see from my videos how I used more caution than in the past and finished all events without damaging the car too much (except for Finland and Wales). I should also have most of the setups for my Hyundai rally car visible in most of the events.

• Like 2

Alright, getting the videos and results up will take until about tomorrow evening, but I'll go ahead and talk to you about the preparations for next season.

First of all, I'd like some feedback on the last 2 seasons.

@Beez @Dodge @LimeGreenLegend, please answer the following:

• Was the number of rally stages per event (5/6 on average) good for you or would you prefer more or less stages per event? 4 per event would be minimum and 12 maximum.  (NB: Number of events per season remains the same: 4/5)
  • Would you prefer to have the window of completion for each event last for only a day or two OR for a weekend OR for 6 days like it was this last season and why?
  • Anything else you would like to see change or any suggestions, recommendations? Any questions?

As for next season, I have a few options for you all current and potential League members ( @Beez, @Dodge, @LimeGreenLegend, @Road2fury, @Crawford1872, @DavidCore89, @Arruda, @ssracingn2) - if you'll be taking part - to vote on:

Season 3 can be for the 2010s rally cars again, the R4 rally cars, the Lancia Stratos OR the intro season for Hillclimb with the Peugeot 205 T16 Pikes Peak.

Which would you prefer? (Hillclimb would have 3 events of 2 stages each, by the way, since it's totally different and considerably longer.)

One thing I can say for sure is that our next stage rally season will have an event in Greece for the first time, replacing one of the Season 2 locations!

• Like 1

The amount of rally's and stages for last seasons was great. I also like the longer time to get them done. I'm happy to see Greece in the next season.

As for next season I'd rather keep it rally and do either 2010s or Stratos. After that season I'd be up for doing a hill climb or using that other class.

Edited by Beez
  • Like 1

Do we have to own the cars to use them? But stratos would be my choice being a noob :) 

Last seasons settings are fine. I'd like to try something different. Maybe Group B. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

Do we have to own the cars to use them? But stratos would be my choice being a noob :) 

Nope, all are stock. We might have an owned car season with a cheaper car in the future, but not anytime soon.

5 hours ago, Dodge said:

Last seasons settings are fine. I'd like to try something different. Maybe Group B. 

I'd probably start with Group A before B. Have you tried driving any Group B cars? They're probably the most challenging of all to drive. :D

I kind of want to ease everyone into the more difficult classes over time.

• Like 1

Hello everyone mum's a bit better. but I have to help her out at the end of the day they think they might be able to get the cancer.

But I have a question when I first joined domestic battery I'm came across Alliance Crew the Van Society

that was in my first evant porsche supercar.  As i big racing fan and like racing events I thought I might join them but I still love you guys and I want to stay with you as a second crew so ok

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Road2fury said:

Hello everyone mum's a bit better. but I have to help her out at the end of the day they think they might be able to get the cancer.

But I have a question when I first joined domestic battery I'm came across Alliance Crew the Van Society

that was in my first evant porsche supercar.  As i big racing fan and like racing events I thought I might join them but I still love you guys and I want to stay with you as a second crew so ok

The only policy in place is that XDBX be you primary crew "most" of the time. There is nothing wrong with joining other crews and taking part in their events. Have fun Fury. And I'm glad there is hope for your mom. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Road2fury said:

Sending her nothing but healing energy!! 

• Thanks 1

XDBX League Season 2 Summary

Vehicle Class: 2010s Rally Cars

Events: 5 (Sweden, Monte Carlo, Finland, Germany, Wales)

Sweden

6 Stages

->Videos from Rally Sweden<-

*results pic TBA*

Road2fury +25 Pts  (=25 total)

Proto +18 Pts  (=18)

Lime +15 Pts  (=15)

Dodge +12 Pts  (=12)

Beez +10 Pts  (=10)

Monte Carlo

6 Stages

->Vehicle Setup for Monte Carlo<-

http://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/videos/view-2092-dirt-rallyxdbx-league-season-2-2010s-rally-cars-event-2-monte-carlo/

*results pic TBA*

Proto +25 Pts  (=43)

Beez +18 Pts  (=28)

Lime +0 Pts  (=15)

Dodge +0 Pts  (=12)

Finland

6 Stages

http://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/videos/view-2093-dirt-rallyxdbx-league-season-2-2010s-rally-cars-event-3-finland/

*results pic TBA*

Proto +25 Pts  (=68)

Lime +18 Pts  (=33)

Beez +15 Pts  (=43)

Dodge +12 Pts  (=24)

Germany

6 Stages

http://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/videos/view-2094-dirt-rallyxdbx-league-season-2-2010s-rally-cars-event-4-germany/

*results pic TBA*

Proto +25 Points  (=93)

Lime +18 Pts   (=51)

Beez +15 Pts  (=58)

Dodge +0 Pts  (=24)

Wales

5 Stages

http://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/videos/view-2095-dirt-rallyxdbx-league-season-2-2010s-rally-cars-event-5-wales/

*results pic TBA*

Proto +25 Pts  (=118)

Beez +18 Pts  (=76)

Final Standings

1. @Protocawl   118 Pts
  2. @Beez   76 Pts
  3. @LimeGreenLegend   51 Pts
  4. @Road2fury   25 Pts
  5. @Dodge   24 Pts

@ssracingn2@Crawford1872@D-Rocks09@Arruda@DavidCore89 I recommend watching the videos, so you'll see how we roll (pun intended) and if you want to join us for next season (which will start next week)!

Will set up the next season tomorrow and upload last season's results pics to this post.

• Like 1

Tried the 2010 cars out today and they absolutely murdered me. You guys running with TC and assists for these things? Had them off for the easier cars but starting to think it is impossible on the pad with that much power. 

Also any setup ideas would be massively appreciated.

Thanks, ragequit because of it doing my nut in earlier so will try those settings instead

2 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

Tried the 2010 cars out today and they absolutely murdered me. You guys running with TC and assists for these things? Had them off for the easier cars but starting to think it is impossible on the pad with that much power. 

Also any setup ideas would be massively appreciated.

I'll have to check, but I'm 99% sure I've been playing with all assists off almost since the very beginning. Only using automatic transmission.

Watch the videos I posted of last season, all my setups for the Hyundai and how I set them up are in the videos! All the 2010s cars act very differently, though, so each car needs a slightly different setup on each terrain.

I'm more than happy to help you out and walk you through the setup changes personally in party chat sometime, though.

• Thanks 1

My assists are off unless I'm running the RWD cars. Then I use the lowest TC setting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What day will the next league start and in what class?

Haven't played for a while, will definitely need to get the feel for rally again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

What day will the next league start and in what class?

Haven't played for a while, will definitely need to get the feel for rally again.

Next Saturday at 8am UTC, 2010s Rally Cars.

Will have the info on Season 3 up a bit later today.

Edited by Protocawl

Alright, cool. 2010's are my favourite.

I'll take the Fiesta.

Give me a shout when it's available to join.

• Like 1

@Crawford1872@DavidCore89@Arruda Reminding you that the new season starts in 36 hours and I can see you haven't joined the league yet, so if you want to participate in the 1st event, make sure to join before the 36 hours are up! If you're having problems joining, let me know, I'll help. (CHECK THE LAST POST)

@LimeGreenLegend@Beez@Dodge@Road2fury Reminding you guys, too: the new season starts at 8am UTC Saturday!

• Like 1

Will do it tomorrow, thanks for the reminder @Protocawl

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Like 1

Took a while to get into my account, but I should be joined now.

I'll be busy when the first rally starts, but I will finish it on the 11th before the deadline.

See you on the podium :)

• Like 2