Protocawl

ps4 DiRT Rally (& the XDBX League)

It was probably Steve's fault @LimeGreenLegend

It's hard to get a good navigator these days.

Mine is demanding a pay raise due to unnecessary dangers...

Really don't understand this.

I really don't....?

• Haha 1

Fuckin' Steve.

He doesn't even bother changing his notes for different stages, I check every time!  He's just making it up as he goes along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Event 1 (Monte Carlo) of Season 5 is LIVE! 6 days & 7 hrs remaining

For those who haven't run the event yet:

The main settings of this event and all the remaining ones are the same as usual:

• No restarts or second tries
  • Access to service area and vehicle setup before and after every 2 stages (before Stage 1, before Stage 3 & before Stage 5 of each event)
  • Progress is saved/can be saved after each stage
  • Remember to use the Shakedown (x10) to try out the default setup and any setup changes you make before Stage 1 of each event!

Tips for Monte Carlo:

• Watch out for stages with snow and ice! Drive slower if necessary, brake earlier if necessary, but don't underestimate the slippery surface. If you're about to slide into a wall or off the edge in a sharp turn on snow or ice, tap the handbrake to keep yourself from crashing badly - touch the barriers with the rear if you have to, but not the front.
  • Avoid crashing into anything nose first in general: best case - you lose valuable time, worst case - you slide over an edge and end your rally (this can easily happen). When about to crash into a barrier/snow bank with the front of the car, use the handbrake to point the nose away from the barrier/bank and hit it with the rear of the car instead if there's no escape.
  • Since Rally Monte Carlo is probably the 2nd easiest-to-total-one's-car rally (behind Greece), you can try to cheat "death" by opening the options menu just before the moment of the fatal crash and choose the "Recover Vehicle" option if it's available to reset the car on the road with a 15sec penalty. (if timed properly, it will work)
  • Lower Ride Height settings will help avoid sliding over the snow banks and small bridge barriers.
  • Having sharp handling via the right setup/steering settings is very helpful on the tight and twisty mountain roads of Monte Carlo.

My setups for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X & Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2011 in Monte Carlo (text+video):

Evo X

Nr = amount of ticks/clicks       + = to the right from default setting      - = to the left from default setting

(NOT MENTIONING THE SETTINGS THAT REMAIN AT DEFAULT)

Brake Bias -1 & Brake Strength +1

Differential (Front): LSD Braking Lock +1

Viscous Differential (Centre): Torque Bias +2

Gears -8

Suspension (Front): Ride Height -4, Spring Rate +1, Anti-Roll Bar +3

Damping (Front): Bump +2, Rebound +1

Suspension (Rear): Ride Height -4, Spring Rate +1, Anti-Roll Bar +5

Damping (Rear): Bump +3, Rebound +2

Impreza WRX STI

Nr = amount of ticks/clicks       + = to the right from default setting      - = to the left from default setting

Brake Bias -1

Gears -7

Suspension (Front): Ride Height -9, Spring Rate +3

Damping (Front): Bump +3, Rebound +3

Suspension (Rear): Ride Height -9, Spring Rate +3

Damping (Rear): Bump +3, Rebound +3

Edited by Protocawl

I was about to finish the very 1st fu**ing stage aaaaaaand retired. This Monte Carlo is evil, pure evil. ?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Holy cow!

Did the fastest time on the first stage (Sub drives like a charm) and felt pretty confindent?

Then in stage 3 I go round a hairpin, see the guardrail and think "I am going to hit that but I can probably rub it with the car and come back on track.....
And then went straight through dropping a mile down ?

RETIRED

Told you @LimeGreenLegend

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Good run, Proto.

Not too far off the win.

Cheers, could've snatched it, but made a few miscalculations along the way. 2 almost fatal slides that ended up as 15sec penalties on the earlier stages and pushed too hard on the last stage to close the gap.

Video of my run and event 2 setups coming soon.

Can't wait for Event #2.

• Haha 2

Video of Event 1 - Rally Monte Carlo:

Notice me making use of the recovery tip twice! "Since Rally Monte Carlo is probably the 2nd easiest-to-total-one's-car rally (behind Greece), you can try to cheat "death" by opening the options menu just before the moment of the fatal crash and choose the "Recover Vehicle" option if it's available to reset the car on the road with a 15sec penalty. (if timed properly, it will work)"

@Con@Dodge@omarcomin71@PapOiteE@Schumi6581@LimeGreenLegend

Event 2 (Sweden) of Season 5 is LIVE! 5 days & 2 hrs remaining

Tips for Sweden:

• If you're late braking for a turn and heading for a snow bank, use the handbrake to get yourself out of serious trouble.
  • As always with snow banks: if you're going to hit them, do it with the rear of the of the car if at all possible. Hitting them with the front is a recipe for disaster.
  • Vehicle stability and the right suspension settings (slightly on the softer side with good ground clearance) are key to driving smooth and clean in the snow.
  • If you end up facing the wrong way between the narrow snowbanks after a spin or a crash, accelerate forward for a second or two and then use the handbrake to do a quick 180.
  • Big jumps can be lethal on the narrow and slippery snowy roads, so take caution!
  • REMEMBER: To finish 1st, you must first finish & you don't have to win every stage to finish 1st either. Also, in rally, smooth = fast, where as going faster than one can handle = crash & burn. (Finishing a rally should be the priority, that includes keeping the car in good enough health, so take it slow if that's what it takes to get to the end of the rally.)

My setup for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X in Sweden (text+video):

Brake Bias -2

Viscous Differential (Centre): Visc Diff -2 & Torque Bias +2

Differential (Rear): LSD Driving Lock -3 & LSD Braking Lock -1

Gears -8

Suspension (Front): Ride Height -1 & Anti-Roll Bar +1

Damping (Front): Bump -1 & Rebound -1

Suspension (Rear): Ride Height -1, Anti-Roll Bar +1, Camber Angle +3

Damping (Rear): Bump -1 & Rebound -1

• Like 1

whoooohoooo! Finished...?

Fastest on 1 stage (up until now) and, in total, only 35 seconds behind @DavidCore89

This feels like a win to me?

Edited by Schumi6581
  • Like 3

I didn’t retire this time, it feels like a win to me as well haha. Plus I hate Sweden rally so it really felt good to finish that bitchhh!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well I missed the first rally then realized I'll miss the 3rd one so I didn't bother with Sweden. I'll rejoin next season. 

• Like 1

Off topic: Codemasters will announce tomorrow the next Dirt game. All we have so far is a pic it looks like the Audi Quattro and they have also teased the number 2.0. I hope it’s dirt rally two. I’m pretty sure it’s dirt rally 2 ?!!

• Like 1

Video of Event 2 - Rally Sweden:

Event 3 - Rally Germany is LIVE! 5 days & 11 hrs remaining

My setup for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X in Germany (text+video):

Suspension (Front): Ride Height -2, Spring Rate +2, Anti-Roll Bar +2

Suspension (Rear): Ride Height -2, Spring Rate +2, Anti-Roll Bar +2

Edited by Protocawl

32 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

Off topic: Codemasters will announce tomorrow the next Dirt game. All we have so far is a pic it looks like the Audi Quattro and they have also teased the number 2.0. I hope it’s dirt rally two. I’m pretty sure it’s dirt rally 2 ?!!

I hope they keep the vr option.

1 hour ago, PapOiteE said:

It's definitely coming, there was another tease last week.

Finished Germany yesterday evening.

Definitly not my best rally (don't you just hate concrete blocks on the apex?) but still finished.

Really like the Impreza R4....

19 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

It's definitely coming, there was another tease last week.

26th of february 2019!

Completed Germany with no mistakes, not flying, but clean.

Car felt really slow as I've been using RX and Hillclimb cars recently.

• Like 1

Rally of Wales done!

Started of really bad. Did some flips and hit some trees. My Impreza was a wreck. I was about to give up the whole thing but kept on going. And it went better and better.

So we'll see where that got me.

Thanx for a nice season 5 @Protocawl!

• Like 2

Can someone help me with the 4 PvP RX trophies when they have some spare time?

I could probably get them by going in with randoms, but I can't be bothered after winning masters level and getting the other trophies. It was a grind  :SWEAT:

I think they can be earned with just 2 events in an online championship.

Then I'll just need to get top tier in an online RX daily event for platinum.

Ahh, forgot to post my setups earlier.

1 day & 13 hours left to finish Rally Wales @PapOiteE!

(and yes, @DavidCore89, I'll let you know with a PSN message when I'm available for the few online RX trophies :P)

My setups for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X & Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2011 in Wales (text+video):

Evo X

Brake Bias -3 & Brake Strength +1

Viscous Differential (Centre): Viscous Diff -1, Torque Bias +3

Differential (Rear): LSD Braking Lock -3

Gears -5

Suspension (Front): Anti-Roll Bar -1

Suspension (Rear): Anti-Roll Bar -1, Camber Angle +2

Impreza WRX STI

Brakes: Brake Bias -2, Brake Strength +1

Differential (Front): LSD Driving Lock -2, LSD Braking Lock -6

Viscous Differential (Centre): Viscous Diff -1, Torque Bias +5

Differential (Rear): LSD Driving Lock -2, LSD Braking Lock -5

Gears -4

Suspension (Front): Camber Angle -3

Damping (Front): Bump -1, Fast Bump -1, Rebound -1, Fast Rebound -1

Damping (Rear): Fast Bump -1, Fast Rebound -1

• Thanks 1