Jump to content
zmurko

ps4 Various issues/problems & solutions

Recommended Posts

I thought I'd open another topic for anyone to ask how to overcome a problem in the creator or when you don't know a solution for something.

Anyway, here's my first question. Why doesn't it let me place a spawn point where there's clearly enough space and/or not much incline.

Is this a common problem/bug and what's a solution, or does this have anything to do with the building blocks placed nearby (not in the way as far as I can tell anyway)?

Area must be clear: (do I need a f****** airfiled?!)

C_PJWC0XUAAq9kK.jpg

The ground must be level: (I don't remember spawn points needing a 0.00000000 degrees flat area!)

C_PJvxAXUAAcWcY.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What type of job is it? I've noticed that creating different jobs sometimes has different bugs like this. I've never come across this, but have come across other stuff that's been specific to only one job type.

Also, do you get the same problem when placing in those positions without the platform that's nearby. I'd expect that distance to be well over what's needed, but it's not impossible to be the problem.

I'll jump in the creator today and see if I can replicate the problem and find a solution.

If all else fails, you could try placing a platform so it's only slightly out of the ground and place the spawn on top of that before deleting it (make sure they're templates though so the spawn remains). It'll add extra work to getting it done, but if it works it'll at least help to overcome the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had this problem before, @zmurko.  Like Skorpion said, I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the large prop nearby.  I also had those same props nearby, like in the Davis Darkzone DM you've played.

As you know, those large building block props are flat/horizontal by default, so even when you rotate it to vertical, the game gets a bit muddled and still thinks it's flat and in the way of where you're trying to place your spawn point.  The further you move away from that prop, the easier it will be to place the spawn.

You can try placing the spawn point somewhere else first, then pick it up and try to put it where you want it.  It sometimes works, but not always.  Also, after you've picked up the spawn, make sure you use slow and steady movements when moving back to your desired spot.  Don't ask me why, but sometimes creeping up on the spot while the game isn't looking actually works - I'm not kidding either. :D

The other solution is to remove the nearby prop until you've placed the spawns and then try putting it back.  Make sure you save first because some of the spawns may still disappear when you replace the prop.  That's all I know about that issue.  Maybe Skorp's solution with the template will work if these options don't.  Good luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

Don't ask me why, but sometimes creeping up on the spot while the game isn't looking actually works - I'm not kidding either. :D

It sounds crazy, and not really sure how it works (though I have some theories) but I can confirm that this does help sometimes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can also confirm that creeping up slowly works. R* Logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing that might work is changing the camera angle and / or distance. I was trying to place the start grid for a race and couldn't seem to fit it in even though to me there looked to be enough room. I zoomed out to get a better look at what the problem might be and at a certain distance away the marker just turned from red to yellow and grid went in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skorpion said:

What type of job is it? I've noticed that creating different jobs sometimes has different bugs like this. I've never come across this, but have come across other stuff that's been specific to only one job type.

Also, do you get the same problem when placing in those positions without the platform that's nearby. I'd expect that distance to be well over what's needed, but it's not impossible to be the problem.

I'll jump in the creator today and see if I can replicate the problem and find a solution.

If all else fails, you could try placing a platform so it's only slightly out of the ground and place the spawn on top of that before deleting it (make sure they're templates though so the spawn remains). It'll add extra work to getting it done, but if it works it'll at least help to overcome the problem.

It's a deathmatch. Thanks for the tips, I'll try them when next time I'm in the creator.

4 hours ago, no_snacks said:

I've had this problem before, @zmurko.  Like Skorpion said, I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the large prop nearby.  I also had those same props nearby, like in the Davis Darkzone DM you've played.

As you know, those large building block props are flat/horizontal by default, so even when you rotate it to vertical, the game gets a bit muddled and still thinks it's flat and in the way of where you're trying to place your spawn point.  The further you move away from that prop, the easier it will be to place the spawn.

You can try placing the spawn point somewhere else first, then pick it up and try to put it where you want it.  It sometimes works, but not always.  Also, after you've picked up the spawn, make sure you use slow and steady movements when moving back to your desired spot.  Don't ask me why, but sometimes creeping up on the spot while the game isn't looking actually works - I'm not kidding either. :D

The other solution is to remove the nearby prop until you've placed the spawns and then try putting it back.  Make sure you save first because some of the spawns may still disappear when you replace the prop.  That's all I know about that issue.  Maybe Skorp's solution with the template will work if these options don't.  Good luck.

Yep, going for a similar type of DM as Davis Darkzone, as I really like it, just in another location, rich with all sorts of alleyways, rooftops and naturaly placed props (I think it's the only 1-on-all DM with guns I've actually won in the crew :D ).

I'll try the creeping up method as well. :lol:

49 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Another thing that might work is changing the camera angle and / or distance. I was trying to place the start grid for a race and couldn't seem to fit it in even though to me there looked to be enough room. I zoomed out to get a better look at what the problem might be and at a certain distance away the marker just turned from red to yellow and grid went in.

I've had that happen in race creations as well, with starting grids and props, didnt have any success with changing camera here though.

 

Thanks everyone for the input, I'll see if it helps or if R* was just being a dick on that day alone. <_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if the other responses have helped but just in case...

I would put a Building block on the floor and sink it to give you nice flat surface, as low as you can before the floor comes through, but maybe low enough that parts of the floor can be seen.

Once this is done place your spawn points, and remove the Building Block. I would remove the Building Block by editing it, placing it elsewhere then deleting it as sometimes a straight delete will delete your spawn points. This trick worked for me when adding spawn points to roofs when making Docking bay 94. The whole area was surrounded by huge Building Blocks and Raised Stunt Track.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A GTA capture can now not properly set a specific vehicle for a specific team, you can select both teams or team 2 (not just team 1).

And in the same capture the respawn was set on the tarmac at LSIA, but respawned both me and Sinister (only two of us in the job) in Vinewood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I havent seen this before, anyone knows if its usefull for something?

DOvxQcTX4AAT21W.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never seen it but it looks damn cool!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lann said:

Does it jam the radar  :) ?

If that was the case I would be very excited.  That would be very cool for death matches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muskets have now been added to the creator which is awesome but if you use them as a pickup weapon they turn to pistols in the job. 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 11:07 PM, Squirrel said:

Muskets have now been added to the creator which is awesome but if you use them as a pickup weapon they turn to pistols in the job. 

Same goes for the Gusenberg Sweeper. Once you test the job, they turn into pistols, so they didn't actually add them to the creator after all, since we can't actually use them. Great stuff, R*. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try a melee weapon as default and the new ones as pickups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a go at using the Warp checkpoints. You can't warp very far. Once placed it draws a hemisphere around it and you have to place the next CP within that. Don't have any exact measures but the race I was trying to make certainly won't work (wanted to warp half way across the map). As a rough guide, if you know Fort Zancudo's layout, with a Warp CP in front of the big hangar at the East of end of the runway your next CP won't quite reach the main gate at that end.

  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not know this and it might be of interest to some of you. You can set different forced weapons on each team now, and you can restrict spawnpoints to certain teams in TDM creator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed you can now restrict the custom cars available on a track to be the same as the non-custom ones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I just noticed you can now restrict the custom cars available on a track to be the same as the non-custom ones.

Oh man that is great!  I’m not a creator but the possibility of restricting some of the fastest cars, for example the pariah would be awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Squirrel
      http://rsg.ms/7741b25
      This is a job I've thought of a while ago and seeing as I popped on to the creator recently I thought I'd try create it. 
      This is a very experimental job requiring speed and teamwork. The stage I'm at now is just a proof of concept to make sure it works. If it does work as planned then I'll update the props and make it look pretty,
      The premise of the job is to have one of your team jump in the drivers seat of the wastelander and drive as fast as you can to the capture point at the end of the track. The rest of your team will be stood in the back of the vehicle with a choice of two weapons.
      Upto two players per team will have a homing launcher, their job is to take out the opposite teams wastelander on the other track. The rest of the team are armed with flare guns. It's their job to deflect any homing missiles coming towards their wastelander.
      This job really needs a minimum of 6 in toral to get working and will work better at a maximum of 8 per team. I don't think anymore people will fit on a wastelander but I can try and add more if needed.
      It will be important to try and set off as quickly as possible, don't hang around deciding whose doing what job, just climb on and go for it. 
      As I've said this is highly experimental and I'm planning on making lots of changes once the concept has been tested. Rounds are set to 5 minutes,  1 vehicle needed to win the round, 1st to 3 rounds to win. 
      I'm hoping this works. 
    • By Dodge
      Formerly the PS3 creation "Tread On Me"
       
      This has gotten a complete rebuild and retitled.
    • By Lann
      30 players, 2 min lap
      https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Lann3fors/games/gtav/jobs/job/NDazFXI3T0W7rS7ZVf5GNg?platformId=11
      For fast cars, contact, catch up and slipstream. Watch where you are driving and don't hit anything. 
       
    • By Lann
      A track created in order to test and maybe use in a upcoming event. Intended contact, slipstream and catchup ON. 1 lap is about 6 min (10 about an hour). Being a transform race its limited to 16 players.
       

      The regular version does not allow customs to be turned on, we all race in stock Swinger, Flash GT, XXR and Jester Classic.
      RSSC link: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Lann3fors/games/gtav/jobs/job/201aPbzhOE2wxUHnCNsQtA?platformId=11
       
       

      Note that the Customs version might require you to have a custom version of the Stinger GT, Stirling GT, Autarch and Elegy RH8 to keep up.
      RSSC link: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Lann3fors/games/gtav/jobs/job/Ceb6-fHMAE2gO-hh5WKUNQ?platformId=11
       
       

       
       
      @no_snacks I stole alot of your route from "Do You Even Lift, Bro?" in this job, thanks!
    • By djw180
      https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/zdz6VqtCpU6Z_0bENcC79Q
      Three peaks mountain bike races are quite common, so I'm told. They have never appealed to me, they seem somewhat oppressive. So my version has a few appropriate modifications.  

×