News Ticker
  • RDRO PLAYERS - be sure to invite the unvetted members to whatever you are doing so they can get notes!!! This is crucial for their vetting and lack of game content/crew events makes it more difficult at this time!!!
  • Be sure to RSVP for Anniversary Events, don't miss out cuz you didn't click a button...

Events

I been forced to move around some lately, kids seem to take over my spot more often.

FkStGo7.jpg

• Like 6

Newsletter

I want your house Lann !

Not just for the gaming setup but it looks very nice.

Seems big, white,  without too many furniture, I love it. :)

• Like 1

Events

I want your house Lann !

Not just for the gaming setup but it looks very nice.

Seems big, white, without too many furniture, I love it. :)

Thanks Fido, big family.

• Like 1

Built the computer and hooked up the third monitor! :D 

OOFhApf.jpg

You can't appreciate how immersive it is until you sit in the chair. I played Dirt spanning across the three screens and it was an incredible experience. 

I couldn't resist this LED lighting either:

E41HCN4.jpg

There are so many different colours available. I usually have them white when I'm working on university work, blue for general stuff and red for GTA. 

I'd like to say my setup is finished but I'll probably be upgrading the computer for the rest of my life!

*** Obligatory statement about my new years resolution being 5760 x 1080 ***

• Like 12

So, I've been a little busy on my basement remodel these last few months. I've gone from this awesome rig:

aUZs7U3.png

To this!

7sozAqO.jpg

Finally finished up all of the framing and electrical/audio wiring. I picked up a new TV after Thanksgiving and just got the new tv stand. There is an electric heater insert that goes in the middle of the stand but I had to order some new fireglass for it so will install it in a few days. The room is still a work in progress and will be getting some drywall and carpeting in the summer followed by some proper furniture. The worst thing is that there is an xbox that has taken place of a new PS4 :(.

• Like 5

Changed my setup again, had to add some new fans at the back of the unit to keep it all cool (there's a little controller you might be able to make out at the front). I could have just cut the whole of the back of the unit out, but I find with the unit fans running the console fan hardly runs at all so there is less background noise. The laser printer is a temporary addition :lol:

gamesetup.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, silenttigercd said:

Built the computer and hooked up the third monitor! :D 

OOFhApf.jpg

Are those height adjustable vesa monitor mounts and can it pivot up. down, left and right?

4 hours ago, Smurf said:

Are those height adjustable vesa monitor mounts and can it pivot up. down, left and right?

They are, although that's as high as they go, I would prefer them slightly higher. They pivot, rotate and extend. 

This is the model:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001BSDVW4/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1470952049&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Monitor+mount&dpPl=1&dpID=318b57JQPoL&ref=plSrch

• Like 1

Been a quiet evening so decided to work on my plans for my set up again. I have a really strange shaped room, not much can be done with the chimney breast taking up the prime viewing spot. It needs to be able to accommodate gaming on a central main TV, films/TV on the same TV when I'm not gaming. The ability for dual screen PC gaming/work plus if I'm busy taking up one or two TV's I need to keep the woman happy so a third TV will be needed so she can either watch crappy girly TV or game on the PS3. 

I currently have two TV's setup but I think this will be the ideal solution plus I've even have room for friends :D 

589cf531033fb_LivingRoomPlans.thumb.JPG.afcf13baa2ae5f9b3332d388e69891f1.JPG

In the centre is a 43" inch TV, could make it a 46", any larger and would drown out either of the two 32" TV's on either side. On the right will be my PC, AV Receiver, Playstations etc. Underneath the TV's is a hollow shelf, can use that for cable runs and for supporting the centre speaker. Numerous satellite speakers will be around the room. 

Has anyone else got a multi-screen set up in their main living area? I know it's common for desktops but not really seen anything like what I'm planning to do. 

• Like 4

Vetting
53 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Been a quiet evening so decided to work on my plans for my set up again. I have a really strange shaped room, not much can be done with the chimney breast taking up the prime viewing spot. It needs to be able to accommodate gaming on a central main TV, films/TV on the same TV when I'm not gaming. The ability for dual screen PC gaming/work plus if I'm busy taking up one or two TV's I need to keep the woman happy so a third TV will be needed so she can either watch crappy girly TV or game on the PS3. 

I currently have two TV's setup but I think this will be the ideal solution plus I've even have room for friends :D 

589cf531033fb_LivingRoomPlans.thumb.JPG.afcf13baa2ae5f9b3332d388e69891f1.JPG

In the centre is a 43" inch TV, could make it a 46", any larger and would drown out either of the two 32" TV's on either side. On the right will be my PC, AV Receiver, Playstations etc. Underneath the TV's is a hollow shelf, can use that for cable runs and for supporting the centre speaker. Numerous satellite speakers will be around the room. 

Has anyone else got a multi-screen set up in their main living area? I know it's common for desktops but not really seen anything like what I'm planning to do. 

I have two TV's in my living room, side by side.  One primarily for GTA and the other to watch TV (mostly sporting events) while playing GTA.  I don't have a good picture right now but will upload later.  I was inspired to do this when visiting @Gobbledeez's IRL home and seeing his setup.  Never again will I have one TV in my living room.  Can't go back.

Bit of a progress update on the set-up.

UqOnOcg.jpg

xVyy0ZL.jpg

Still need to paint some of the cabinets and should really clean up before taking pictures but I'm gaming in comfort now with plenty of geeky stuff, you can tell I don't have a cat!

• Like 1