djw180

gta&rdr Ideas for 6th Anniversary crew challenge

djw180

I was thinking about what we can do that involves RDR and GTA. My idea is XDBX vs the rest of the world.

• The challenge is to beat randoms in R* jobs, by the biggest winning margin over the player behind you.
    • e.g. you win a race with 10s margin over 2nd place, you win a DM by 5 kills over 2nd place etc
  • If you don't win your winning margin is reduced (100% for 1st, 95% 2nd, 90% 3rd etc)
    • so you can count 2nd, 3rd etc places if you have to but we really want XDBX wins.
    • if you finish so low down that the next player's time in a race is DNF or 0 kills in a combat job then that can not count
  • There has to be a minium number of other people in the job
    • total of at least 8 players, so a minimum of 7 others - all randoms
    • maybe this should be higher?
  • there will be a number of specified event types
    • GTA: race, any type of R* or R* verified race
      • but to keep total race times sensible lets say the winners time must be under 8 minutes
      • that will be fine for most races I think, some transform and special may be too long but I think we can accept that
      • just standard or non-contact
        • no rally, GTA, destroy last place or anything else other than a normal race
    • GTA: DM, any settings so long as R* or R* verified
    • RDR race, any type
    • any others?
      • RDR combat jobs are not as simple as GTA DMS, and I don't think you can just do solo jobs.
  • team sizes can vary, but at least 2 people
    • so team members can do more than event
    • but all team members have to submit a result for one of the events
  • Overall team score is simply points for best results, 2nd best, 3rd best etc in each event
    • best GTA 100 pts, 2nd best GTA race 90 pts, ...
    • best GTA DM 100 pts, 2nd best GTA DM 90 pts ...
    • best RDR race 100 pts, 2nd best RDR race 90 pts ..
    • I think if we have enough teams the chances of a tie will be small, but to be on the safe side some form of tie breaker will be required.

We have done something similar before but then it was the total number of randoms beaten. I think with current levels of interest in both games that would simply be won by the team whos members still play the games the most. So I wanted to adapt this to something you can take part in whether you make one good attempt or make dozens of good attempts.

I'd aim to start this just after the anniversary weekend running for 2 weeks.

Edited by djw180

Lann

Sounds good. Number of race-wins could be checked before and after if you want to add anything for most wins during the period. Same goes for DM/TDM and kill count. Maybe a bonus for winning large lobby races?

• Like 1

djw180
24 minutes ago, Lann said:

Sounds good. Number of race-wins could be checked before and after if you want to add anything for most wins during the period. Same goes for DM/TDM and kill count.

That could be a tie break.

Edited by djw180

djw180

I've had another thought. We could say something like each team has to submit 4 results, all team members must subit at least one of those results. Teams could be 2, 3 or 4 players. Which events they submit them for is up to the team. You could submit 4 in the same event, or you could submit 2 for one event and 1 each for the other two. Same for which team memeber submitt results, could be a team of 2 with 2 results each or 3 from 1 and 1 from the other. It doesn't matter.

All the results from all teams in each event will be ranked and points awarded, so it's in a teams best interest to have results in all events if they can as that will maximise potential points. But you don't have to if you don't want to. If a team is the only one to submit a result for one event then they will win the 100 points for that event no matter how bad their result was, so again it's in all teams' interests to try to submit results in all events.

Doing it this way lets everyone who wants to take part in whatever events they want to. You could be a team that just does races in GTA but you'll probably do better if you have at least one GTA DM and one RDR race results as well.

This also means we could include other events, like parachuting in GTA, RDR solo showdowns, maybe even free roam events in both games? Anything that shows a screen with a complete result on it that we can use to say which result is best, which is 2nd best, etc. But how many different events we have will depend on how many teams we have. I think stick with the 3 mentioned in the first post for now, add more later if there is a lot of interest.

• Like 1

djw180

Land races will have to be supers, sports and motorbikes only I think, too easy to get big winning margins over randoms who don't have customs in other classes. Maybe making an exception if its the default class (e.g. muscle and compacts stunt races).

People pick their own teams, so we can have national / regional teams like usual.

Minimum of 8 players in total (7 others) is going to make air and boat races difficult to count, but I don't think we can lower that. It would be very easy to get a massive winning margin in an air race against one or two randoms.

If we have 4 or fewer teams then we have 3 events, GTA race, GTA DM, RDR race.

5 or more teams we can add in Parachuting and RDR solo showdowns (Someone needs to double check these to see how do-able they are for this challenge, I think you get a final result screen but I don't know how you get ranked, is it number of kills irrespective of what type of job is was @Banketelli any advice. I'll also see if I can bring myself to try to do one, but it's pot luck if you get put into a solo showdown I think).

Free roam events - not as simple as I thought, because there are so many different ones. We would have to allow specified events, but then it's random whether one starts while you happen to be in-game - so I think these best left out.

Any one else with comments?

Edited by djw180

pete2581

This sounds great.  I enjoyed these events in the past.

• Like 1

new.gif

Banketelli
5 hours ago, djw180 said:

5 or more teams we can add in Parachuting and RDR solo showdowns (Someone needs to double check these to see how do-able they are for this challenge, I think you get a final result screen but I don't know how you get ranked, is it number of kills irrespective of what type of job is was @Banketelli any advice. I'll also see if I can bring myself to try to do one, but it's pot luck if you get put into a solo showdown I think).

Free roam events - not as simple as I thought, because there are so many different ones. We would have to allow specified events, but then it's random whether one starts while you happen to be in-game - so I think these best left out.

As far as I know, there're 5 different solo showdowns; Name Your Weapon, Shootout and Most Wanted in the Shootout Series, Make It Count and Gun Rush in the Elimination Series. There's final standings in all of them but it's only Shootout mode (not the series) where players are ranked after number of kills. In Name Your Weapon and Most Wanted it goes by point. Usually the winner is the one with most kills but not necessarily. The elimination modes are pretty self-explanatory and it'd be hard to do anything with them. The others could work. But since they are not divided up in solo and team, you can't necessarily just jump in and play. It takes some luck. 

Another thing is, and I don't know if other's have this problem, but I can't get a showdown to load and it's been like that for a while now.

• Like 1

djw180
33 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

As far as I know, there're 5 different solo showdowns; Name Your Weapon, Shootout and Most Wanted in the Shootout Series, Make It Count and Gun Rush in the Elimination Series. There's final standings in all of them but it's only Shootout mode (not the series) where players are ranked after number of kills. In Name Your Weapon and Most Wanted it goes by point. Usually the winner is the one with most kills but not necessarily. The elimination modes are pretty self-explanatory and it'd be hard to do anything with them. The others could work. But since they are not divided up in solo and team, you can't necessarily just jump in and play. It takes some luck. 

Another thing is, and I don't know if other's have this problem, but I can't get a showdown to load and it's been like that for a while now.

I only tried once in the past couple of months and that worked. But I just don't enjoy them. I only did that one as it was a daily challenge and I'd done all the others so I thought I get all 7 done.

So we're probably best sticking to a race for the RDR element.

SINISTER120

RDO races, ewwwww. Just leave that game out, lol.

Good choice on Bikes and Supers for races because that is all that randoms will go for on a voting screen.

This sounds fun so hopefully we get a lot of participation AND that participation actually does their part and participates.

• Like 1

Banketelli
15 hours ago, SINISTER120 said:

RDO races, ewwwww. Just leave that game out, lol.

The p2p races are a pain in the ass but the cp ones where you can take your own route to either go through or shoot the cp's are quite fun.

But I kinda agree on leaving RDO out would make the most sense. Would personally like to see it included since I don't play GTA, but I might be the only one and it would be a shame to see lower numbers because of RDO.

Also, I'm not even sure I can run the races. Haven't checked but wouldn't be surprised if it's the same endless loading as with the showdowns.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 2

SINISTER120
3 hours ago, Banketelli said:

The p2p races are a pain in the ass but the cp ones where you can take your own route to either go through or shoot the cp's are quite fun.

But I kinda agree on leaving RDO out would make the most sense. Would personally like to see it including since I don't play GTA, but I might be the only one and it would be a shame to see lower numbers because of RDO.

Also, I'm not even sure I can run the races. Haven't checked but wouldn't be surprised if it's the same endless loading as with the showdowns.

I was not aware of the other type of race. Sounds like it would be much better.

• Like 1

SINISTER120

Bummer this doesn’t start this week. 2x on regular races means randoms will join more often. Good for those that don’t care for stunt races. 

djw180

Who would be happy to do an RDR event for this challenge? Bearing in mind how it works. You're in team. The team doesn't have to enter an RDR result but it would probably be best if they did. And you could be in a team of 2 or 3 where you personally could do an RDR event and GTA event.

Others that have done RDR challenges recently @Protocawl @Skorpion @pete2581 @Con anyone else?

• Like 1

Banketelli

Checked last night and races work for me so I'm in.

• Like 1

Protocawl

I have to say I don't feel any excitement towards doing an RDR challenge with randoms. All my non-free-roam-event PvP experiences in RDO have been nothing less than horrendous (in RDR2). That includes the races - either it's a cluster-fuck or there's no one joining at all.

• Ok 1

Protocawl.png

djw180

Thinking a bit more about the race events, whatever game they end up being in. I think a 1st place finish should always beat a 2nd place, not matter how big or small the winning margin. Hopefully all teams will be submitting race wins anyway. Same for DMs and other events if we do them.

• Like 1

djw180

Anyone other than me and Banks wanting to have and RDR element to this challenge?