djw180

rdr Crew Challenge 202 - The Colter Grand Prix

djw180

Crew Challenge 202 – The Colter Grand Prix

girl leading GIF

This is our RDR Xmas-New Year challenge. A short horse-back time trial around Colter jumping some fences. It's a bit experimental; as we still can't create our own races I am setting out the course by telling you here where to ride. It has to be fairly simple, with no check points to guide you. It involves jumping over a number of fences and controlling your horse around a couple tight turns, so it is meant to be a test of horse-control and ought to be do-able with any semi-decent horse.

All fences must be taken and taken cleanly. Any fence broken will incur a 2s time penalty.

You will have to save and upload a video of your best time.

• To mark the start and end on the video, you start standing next to your horse and pat it. You end at the fast travel point selecting (but not necessarily travelling to) your camp.

The course is shown in the following video

https://youtu.be/QL-TGKCgxpk

You need to start and end where I do, taking the same jumps in the same direction. Also you must go to the north of the building at the north end of the main street.

Also shown in a map.

https://imgur.com/x4D0Nba

Start area in red to the south east of Colter. Building to go north of also in red. The fences are numbered along with the rough direction to take the fences and a guide route. You do not have to try to replicate that exact route but you must take the fences in the order given and the directions given, all on horse-back.

And again to hopefully makes things clear, the same instructions in words.

• You start just to the south east of Colter within the small area between the river and 3 roads – red box on map. Stand by your horse and pat it (R2, Square). When you hit square the timer starts. Get on your horse and start riding.
  • Ride north west towards the building at the south end of the village. Jump over fence1 then fence2 both in a roughly east to west direction, then turn north heading along the main street.
  • Go to the north of the northern most building (red box on map) and then turn south jumping fence3, 4 and 5 all in a roughly north to south direction.
  • Turn right after fence 5 head across the main street and jump fence6 just before the river in a east to west direction. Where you jump this fence is up to you, so long as it is the fence between the west side of the village and river. In the video and on the map I show what appears to be the most direct route from fence 5 to fence 6, but you can take fence 6 in another place if you want to.
  • Now do a U-turn to head to fence7. Again you can take any route you like between fence 6 and 7, no need to jump the fence again or go between the building I do on the map and video. But take fence 7 in roughly west to east direction then on the fast travel point.

Starts now

Ends - not sure yet, will see when the GTA Xmas challenge ends and probably end this the same time

• Like 3

Banketelli

Sounds very cool! I'm in.

• Like 1

SINISTER120

giphy.gif

• Like 1

JustHatched

i got this wink GIF by KAA Gent

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

djw180

Any times to declare yet? This will probably be on for around another week.

SINISTER120

Nothing yet. Hopefully this weekend.

• Like 1

Protocawl

I've managed two okay runs, one is a 1min run, other about 58sec (56+2 penalty for a broken fence).

This has definitely proven to be way more difficult than I had imagined. R* just knows how to make their characters feel clumsy as hell. :D

• Like 1

Protocawl.png

Banketelli

Should have a time of 51 seconds.

• Like 1

Banketelli

Video of the lap:

It can indeed be very difficult (and frustrating) to navigate the horse. The fucker really wants to face plant the buildings... But also quite rewarding to get a somewhat fast and clean lap! Kinda reminded me of the good ol' hot-lapping crew challenges.

• Like 2

SINISTER120

giphy.gif

Sorry. Thought I would get it done but I just can't make myself log onto this game.

Protocawl

Didn't manage to do any better than what I said last time, but seems like it was 54s+2s penalty for a broken fence.

P.S.: That horse is a real c*nt.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

Protocawl.png

djw180

Challenge over, please post any more times ASAP.

@JustHatched + anyone else?

I still have to sort out which of my attempts was fastest, but certainly not challengeing 1st or 2nd.

djw180

This is mine, not as far off as I thought, I make this 56s

• Like 1

JustHatched
5 hours ago, djw180 said:

Challenge over, please post any more times ASAP.

@JustHatched + anyone else?

I still have to sort out which of my attempts was fastest, but certainly not challengeing 1st or 2nd.

Sorry, I didnt get a chance to do it. 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif