djw180

gta Crew Challenge 199 - Mystery Tour

djw180

Crew Challenge 199 –  Mystery Tour

scooby doo mystery GIF

This is similar to challenges we have done before. A solo time trail on a P2P race with only a couple of checkpoints and it's up to you to find the best route.

However there is a twist, rather than me place the check points I am going to leave that mainly to you. What I would like is the first few people to sign up to each give me a number from 1 to 10. I will then use those numbers to select the location of each CP. They will be transform CPs so all but the final one will put you in a specific vehicle and I want another number from 1 to 10 that will be used to select those. It won't be totally random. What I will do is pick 10 nearby locations for each CP,  randomly assign them a number from 1 to 10 and the number here will determine which is used. Same for the vehicles, I will pick 10 vehicles, assign random numbers to them and the numbers you pick will decide what we transform to.

So first 4 to sign up, give me two numbers between 1 and 10.

5th person you only get one number to pick.

link to race on RSSC https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/2fZbplVJb0-0N1Q7j_7Olg

Starts now

Ends 19:00 UTC 5th Dec

Please post times by 19:00 UTC 7th Dec

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

RammsteinDUDE

In, ehh... 4 and 9

• Like 1

Spinnaker1981

2 and 3

• Like 1

Con

7 and 1

• Like 1

Lann

8 and 6 ( or whatever is left)

read more properly: 6

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

djw180

OK I have the map of potential CPs done - I haven't looked at what numbers people have picked yet.

XxFzvtr.jpg

• Love 1

djw180

Vehicle options  - all stock

Starting in one of

FCR100
Vindicator
Vader
Ruffian
Diablos
Cliffhanger
Inovation
Nemisis
Nightblade
Lectro

CP 1 transform to one of

Vigero
Buccaneer
Granger
Radius
Phoenix
Roccoto
Serrano
Stallion
Gauntlet Classic
XLS

CP 2 transform to one of

Caracarra
Injection
Hellion
Crawler
Brawler
Free Crawler
Insurgent
Riata
Dune Buggy
Bidta

CP3 transform to one of

Buffolo
Khamelion
Rapid GT
Fusilade
Furore GT
Jackal
190z
Pigalle
SentinelXS
Casco

djw180

So now to make the race.

start is at location 4 in bike 9

CP 2 at location 2 in car 3

CP3 at location 7 in car 1

CP4 at location 10 in car 5

CP5 at location 6

I see you all picked different numbers, nice 😄  I could have saved myself some time if i'd thought of doing it that way! But it's a complete new set of 10 at each location, each transform set.

I will try to get the CPs as close as possible to the locations but I just selected the potential locations by putting numbers on map. I don't know how close to them I can get a CP.

So assuming this works we will start on a Nightblade on a pier at the docks. At the open air theatre we transform to a Granger. At the north end of the windfarm we transform to a Caracarra. On the railway line NE of Mt Josiah we transform to a Furore GT an drive to the finish on the E side of Chiliad just about half up the northern path.

Edited by djw180

djw180

OK race made

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/2fZbplVJb0-0N1Q7j_7Olg

@RammsteinDUDE @Con @Spinnaker1981 @Skorpion @Lann @Dodge & anyone else taking part.

link in 1st post as well.

In testing this took about 11 mins, but I took a short cut over Chilliad that turned out not to be a short cut, so I think it can be done in well under 10 minutes.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

revbouncer

Looks like fun, i'm in

• Like 1

The_Lady_A

In! And holy crap DJ a lot of planning went into that. Are you going to be using that as a template for other challenges?

• Like 1

Wish you luck but you're not bringing us down!

Firebear926

In

• Like 1

SINISTER120

Will try and make a run at this. 

• Like 1

djw180
1 hour ago, The_Lady_A said:

In! And holy crap DJ a lot of planning went into that. Are you going to be using that as a template for other challenges?

Actually it was meant to be not much planning, just putting some rough areas on the map, picking some similarly paced vehicles (Broughy's spreadsheet)and using the first 5 people to sign up as random number generators. It did take a bit longer than planned when I realised my original very rough route was too long, but not that much really.

I would like to do this again with a bit more planning and have people choose a CP each rather than just random number to use. But that would mean advance planning of a set of multiple, reasonable CPs to pick from, then after that has been picked another set of multiple, reasonable CPs, etc.

Edited by djw180

Lann

• Like 1

Lann

I think I found the ultimate route. .

Anyone else found a good path?

:)

djw180
35 minutes ago, Lann said:

no, lots of bad ones though!

• Like 1

Con
2 hours ago, Lann said:

I’m still a bit lost regarding the instructions. Can you guys help a moron, thanks. 

Spinnaker1981

8:20.706... but I am unsure about the final checkpoint route to take... the way I see it there are 3 possibilities: either keep going on the traintracks and go up the highway passing paleto and turning right after the tunnel, 2nd is backtracking the traintracks and going past sandy and onto the highway turning left before the tunnel, 3rd is going up chilliad right after the train tunnel and proceed down the other side... which is faster? No idea... 

just tried the chillad route.... feels faster, but I got a worse overall time.. 8:25.375

5s... too close to call... 😂

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Like 1

Lann
7 hours ago, Con said:

I’m still a bit lost regarding the instructions. Can you guys help a moron, thanks. 

Run the race, fastest time win. Take any route you want between the checkpoints. :) No need to worry about settings, all is locked.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

revbouncer

7.59.183 but I haven't done a clean run, something always goes wrong somewhere. If I beat that time I will update the post. I think I can do 7.55 the way I'm going if traffic allows.

• Like 1

Lann

8:05 with a bit room for improvement.

• Like 1

Spinnaker1981

care to enlighten us on the routes you are taking, specially from the last checkpoint to the finishline, or is that a trade secret?

Lann
5 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

care to enlighten us on the routes you are taking, specially from the last checkpoint to the finishline, or is that a trade secret?

Its a secret, but i stay away from the dirtroad just north of the Alamo sea. I prefer the tarmac, but i have yet to try the the classic Gfred route uphill.

Or screw it :) here is my best:

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spinnaker1981
Just now, Lann said:

Its a secret, but i stay away from the dirtroad just north of the Alamo sea. I prefer the tarmac, but i have yet to try the the classic Gfred route uphill.

Is that dirtroad even an option? If it is, I didn´t even consider it! :P 

Lann

Now your turn to show your paths ! :)

Spinnaker1981
5 minutes ago, Lann said:

Now your turn to show your paths ! :)

I already explained them!!

I went the sandy shores route in the fastest one and the Gfred route on the second one, but I forgot to see what time I had on the last CP on the first run, so no way to know if it was faster. felt faster though...

Edited by Spinnaker1981

Lann
1 minute ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

I already explained them!!

I went the sandy shores route in the fastest one and the Gfred route on the second one, but I forgot to see what time I had on the last CP on the first run!

yellow_showmethevideo.png

• Haha 1