djw180

gta Ideas for crew challenge 200

djw180

We're approaching our 200th crew challenge, if sticking to my current rota that will run from 5th - 12 Dec.

So any ideas for something special?

I was wondering if we could do a two (or more) player challenge with at least one aspect of it in RDR. But what could the RDR element be? Is there anything based on the new trader / collector / bounty hunter roles we could do? I think it has to be something we can have a reasonable amount of control over, not left too much to luck. And it can't require uploading a long video (10 mins max) to allow people with slower internet to take part.

Ideas just as I type, no thought gone into these yet

• fastest time to deliver bounty alive
  • fastest time to make a trader delivery of specified amount, having started from 0 stock, 0 supplies, no hides in your satchel / horse / wagon etc
  • fastest time to collect a specific list of items (not too many) without using maps
  • Like 1

SINISTER120

Problem with RDO is that most everything is random. No two Bounties really start or end in the same place. Trader deliveries go to random places that always change.

Collector has the most structure but then you get conflicts if not everyone has a Shovel or Metal Detector.

Stability in the Bounty role can be had if we use the current Legendary Bounty but they only last for one week, Tuesday to Tuesday.

• Like 2

Skorpion

I've been thinking for a while about possible RDO challenges and I can't really come up with anything. Sinister has pretty much covered the problems with any of the roles being used, I can think of other problems with them but I'll just leave it at what he's said.

The legendary bounty would be good if it was for 2 weeks instead of 1, but also it goes up a star/difficulty each time it's done until it's 5 star5. So we'd all have to get it to 5 star first in order to be able to retry and be on equal difficulty to everyone else. I know that's not really a problem, just an observation.

• Like 3

pete2581

DJ, do you think the 200th crew challenge can go on for two weeks maybe?  I will be out of town all but one day of Dec 5th-12th. 

new.gif

djw180
1 hour ago, pete2581 said:

DJ, do you think the 200th crew challenge can go on for two weeks maybe?  I will be out of town all but one day of Dec 5th-12th. 

yes, they are all 2 weeks now,

• Like 1

Fido_le_muet

Scouring the Projects :D 

• Like 1

toYHMZH.png

Lann

Two players with a bounty each in a public lobby in a (1) stolen street car travel a specific route in the fastest time.

• Like 1

Pb76

Fastest time to kill 200 cops/npc’s, one player in RDRO, one in GTA. 100 each

Might be a ball ache to count 🤔 

• Like 1

Lann

A classic freeroam player killing spree part as well?

• Like 2

Pb76

Unless each team starts with 200 points, one teammate has ten minutes to kill cops in rdro, one has ten minutes to kill other players in a free roam GTA session and possibly a third has a driving challenge which can have some sort of points value. Team with points total closest to zero wins?

• Like 2

Skorpion
46 minutes ago, Pb76 said:

Unless each team starts with 200 points, one teammate has ten minutes to kill cops in rdro, one has ten minutes to kill other players in a free roam GTA session and possibly a third has a driving challenge which can have some sort of points value. Team with points total closest to zero wins?

How would you be deducting points for kills? Each kill = 1 point? And how would the track time convert to points?

I like the idea, with 2 or 3 people on a team. I haven't really put any thought into it yet, but I like the idea so am curious if you have something in mind.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

Pb76
49 minutes ago, Skorpion said:

How would you be deducting points for kills? Each kill = 1 point? And how would the track time convert to points?

I like the idea, with 2 or 3 people on a team. I haven't really put any thought into it yet, but I like the idea so am curious if you have something in mind.

I’d say 1 kill = 1 point

track point scoring could be determined by comparison to a ‘control’ lap completed in a slower class of car (or by a shit driver like me) every second below the control time = 1 point.

I’m just throwing ideas into the mix at this point

• Like 1
  • Love 1

djw180

Thanks for the ideas, I do think that the GTA part should be a time trial though. Any non-racing challenges we have had in the last year have always had lower numbers of players. So I think to ensure we get enough people that part needs to be a land race.  Plus if we do a time trial in GTA with something combat based in RDR then there are two different aspects and someone can just do one of them if that is what they want, or both teammates can have a go at both parts. I was thinking of a long p2p race, or a long 1-lap race.

Fido - we did A scouring challenge not that long ago, so I think something else for this one.

I would also really like whatever we do to not involve uploading a long video. 10 minutes is the absolute maximum I think. That could take me an hour on my current ISP sometimes and I know some other people have similar problems. Ideally I would like it to be something shorter and where there is a clear on-screen message showing the "result" (whatever that is for this challenge), or it's the actual video time that is the result. Going through counting things in a video could be very difficult, there is also the issue of sometimes videos skip a few seconds, you can make a rough guess at how mich extra time a skip would add but more difficult to count up things done that were in the skipped footage.

I was wondering if we can just do a couple of normal bounties, taking the average time of 3 different ones. We could use the time left for this. Most bounties give you a set amount of time to complete once you have found the target. Those time allocations vary depending on how difficult the game thinks it is and how far away you are from a Sheriff or prison wagon. So I think it could work just using time left when you deliver the bounty (alive only). We could also say certain types of mission are not allowed, e.g. no tracking missions (the main bit of those has a separate timer to the timer for actually delivering the target), no multi-target bounties (difficult to get all targets solo and I suspect the timer is longer because it's giving time to deliver more than one). Your overall time is the average of 3 (or more?) different bounties to help smooth out any differences.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

djw180

Just an update, me and @Skorpion have been discussing a RDR bounty based challenge. Summary I think is

• normal bounties are all different
    • we could use the time left on the timer at the end of the mission rather than the total time from start to end
    • but there is still some variation in times depending on where exactly your bounty target is when you catch them
    • there may be ways to compensate for this or we could just say, if you make enough attempts you should get to do the ones with the highest potential score at some point
  • legendary bounties
    • they need to be got to 5* to make sure we all do the same mission
      • that takes more effort than just doing one or two normal bounties every couple days
    • they have no timer, so would need a video upload
      • that could be more than 10 mins of video, that is a long time to upload for some
      • but how long a video depends on what exactly the mission is, which of course we will not know in advance

@Banketelli do you have any ideas on this?

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

djw180

I have decided there isn't anything suitable we can do with bounties. I think doing a 5* legenary is too difficult solo - and there is no chance of us getting enough people in-game at the same time to do them in teams. Plus we will not knwo what the legendary bounties are in advance, some just might not be suitable. Normal bounties are definitely too random in terms of how long they take. You can have anything from 5 to 10 minutes left on the timer just because of how close your target is to a jail when you catch them.

So we need to have something else to do in RDR or just maybe have accept we still can't do much challenge-wise in RDR.

We could lawman kill in RDR, most in a fairly short space of time to minimise video skip and upload issues. Would anyone want to do that? It wasn't very popular when we tried it before.

Edited by djw180

SINISTER120

Pretty sure the latest Legendary Bounty is the last one anyways. No one knows what R* will do them at this point. Rumor says they will be gone forever.

Hate to say it but I really doubt any RDO challenge aspects would be popular. Only a handful of members want anything to do with the game as it is and even less of them participate in challenges.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Ok 1

Banketelli
3 hours ago, djw180 said:

We could lawman kill in RDR, most in a fairly short space of time to minimise video skip and upload issues. Would anyone want to do that? It wasn't very popular when we tried it before.

I'm down for anything. Lawman killing or a hunting challenge like we've done in the past would probably be the most simple.

Since this is gonna be the 200th challenge hopefully we'll see more members joining.

• Like 2

Lann

200 animals killed in the shortest time? To be close to doable we probably need to leave out anything other than the actual killing. 

500_F_183518249_hmAGwcplY6SVRf3NB6z0KJXQ

Or hunting and selling $200 worth in the shortest time.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2

Pb76

I personally like the idea of involving the number 200 if possible 

• Like 1

Skorpion

I like the idea, but animal spawns are too random. I rarely find animals these days. I've played for 4 hours just searching and found nothing, and have used all the tricks to try getting them to spawn. I've given up with hunting because of it. They're just too bugged.

Lann
8 minutes ago, Skorpion said:

I like the idea, but animal spawns are too random. I rarely find animals these days. I've played for 4 hours just searching and found nothing, and have used all the tricks to try getting them to spawn. I've given up with hunting because of it. They're just too bugged.

I didnt know that, last time we ran a hunters challenge they were everywere. 

SINISTER120
1 hour ago, Lann said:

I didnt know that, last time we ran a hunters challenge they were everywere. 

Wasn't that before the latest update? The game has been broken since then. If you are in a full lobby you most likely will not encounter any animals at all.

IF you can get yourself into a session alone you will see plenty of them. However, last time I played it wasn't easy to end up alone. R* wants everyone playing together and the game is constantly merging lobbies to achieve that goal. That merging is responsible for the camp spawn issues as well as animals.

djw180

I don't think animal spawns are linked to how many other players anymore. They seem totally random. I can be in a full lobby with plenty to kill and be in an empty one with almost nothing. You don't stay in an empty lobby long though, unless you stay in your camp, it soon puts you back in with many other players, removing and attempting to re-pitch your camp in the process.

Anyway ... as much as I like the idea of a 200 theme, who is going to count 200 animal kills?

Selling $200 worth of kills might work, but I think it would take too long as well as being too dependant on random animal spawns

Maybe we can do something in 200s, that's just over 3 minutes so enough time to do something but  not so long there would be too much to count?

Edited by djw180

Lann

We once had a challenge to kill the most players in a certain time, or if it was shortest time and a certain number of players. Alot might work within 200 sec. Travel the longest distance in 200 sec, in npc car in GTA and on foot or stolen horse in RDO. Then measure A to B on the map.