djw180

gta Crew Challenge 197 - Survival

djw180

Crew Challenge 197 – Survival

heather langenkamp survivor GIF

This is a solo challenge to survive the most waves on one of the new survival maps. This should be done solo in the standard mode, so endless waves is off (because that does not tell you how many waves you survived). If two or more people survive the same number of waves then this will be decided on the fastest time for your last completed wave, so if you get killed it's the wave before the one where you die that your time is based on. If you survive all 10 waves then it's your time for wave 10. There are no restrictions on weapons and no restrictions on equipment allowed.

We'll be using the Forest map

You will need to save and upload a video of your last completed wave. We will time them from when the "prepare" timer in the bottom right hits 0 to when the “Survived Wave ...” message appears, but please have your video start just before and finish just after those points so we can time them all accurately if required.

Starts now

Ends 19:00 UTC 7th November

All times to be submitted by 19:00 9th November

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Con

Join Us Lets Go GIF by Hustlers

Yes, JLo...i am in. 

• Like 2

SINISTER120

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Protocawl

2OYotEK.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Protocawl.png

pete2581

I will take a shot at this

• Like 1

new.gif

Con

200.gif

Got to Wave 7, twice....pretty confident I will reach to Wave 8 next time I try...figured i'd share some tips...

If you can....light that forest on fire!!! Right now I dont have the science down as to what creates these amazing fires that help tremendously when the enemy triple spawns. I think the sticky bombs have been the most effective but sometimes the forest doesnt catch fire when you use them, ive tried grenades, g. launchers, i havent tried RPG cause im afraid to kill myself by accident. lol

The bus near the plane wreck is your only fucking friend on the map. Learn to utilize it!! 

The sense of accomplishment is real!! hahaha

Bonus tip: there are these stack of logs on the map. Sticky them and they will dislodge and cause the enemy to slow down as they have to maneuver around the fallen logs!!! 

Edited by Con
  • Like 4

Con

Here is one of my early attempts reaching Wave 5 before I tried the bus strategy (you can hear me mention how fast the enemies move, and is how I discovered blowing up the log stacks slows them down):

Here is my first attempt in the bus and for you guys really good with the grenades and stickies, it will probably be easier for you than it will ever be for me to reach past Wave 7. Oh and I was wrong when I said, they dont spawn behind me when im in the bus...lol...that is false as you will all learn...hahahahhaha :

Anyhow at this point in the challenge, this is not only about me passing all 10 Waves, but also rooting for any of you to do it to!!! so good luck!

Oh I will also say that in my latter attempts, having May keeping me company in the stream helped me relax, so it helps having a buddy cause the shit gets intense. 

Edited by Con

pete2581

My video is uploading now. 

• Like 1

new.gif

pete2581

My final wave completed was wave 6 at a time of 1 min 27 seconds:

• Like 2

new.gif

omarcomin71

I survived till the middle of wave 4. I have a video if necessary. 

• Like 2

"The Game is out there. And it's either play or get played"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkBRYq2UbHE

Con
3 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

I survived till the middle of wave 4. I have a video if necessary. 

If its not too much of a hassle, i'd like to see it. I didnt get a chance to give it another try since last week so I never took the time factor into it so I wont win any tie-breakers probably. I'll post my vid as soon as I get home. 

• Like 1

Protocawl

Almost every day I thought I'd do a run or two, but got some really busy times right now and the little time I had for gaming I used on other games. Really didn't have a GTA bug at all during the whole H'ween period, which is a shame... So nothing from me unfortunately.

• Sad 1
  • Ok 1

Protocawl.png

Con
11 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

Almost every day I thought I'd do a run or two, but got some really busy times right now and the little time I had for gaming I used on other games. Really didn't have a GTA bug at all during the whole H'ween period, which is a shame... So nothing from me unfortunately.

Too bad because the challenge would have tested your asses!!! In fact im leaving work and im going home to try and get to at least Wave 9. :D 

pete2581
29 minutes ago, Con said:

Too bad because the challenge would have tested your asses!!! In fact im leaving work and im going home to try and get to at least Wave 9. :D 

Isn’t the challenge over?

new.gif

Con
50 minutes ago, pete2581 said:

Isn’t the challenge over?

I meant for personal reasons. :D  thats like my mission before year end....complete that challenge solo. 

• Like 1

Con

I completed Wave 6 with a time of 3:36

Wave 6 (and part of 7):

Full attempt: 

• Like 2

pete2581
1 hour ago, Con said:

I meant for personal reasons. :D  thats like my mission before year end....complete that challenge solo. 

Haha I see.  It is tough.  I got so close to getting through  Wave 7 a couple of times.  One time I died with like two guys left.  I dropped an F bomb my wife heard from the back yard.

• Haha 1

new.gif

Con
9 minutes ago, pete2581 said:

Haha I see.  It is tough.  I got so close to getting through  Wave 7 a couple of times.  One time I died with like two guys left.  I dropped an F bomb my wife heard from the back yard.

I had zero luck staying at the spot you used. I have it all in the first stream as I searched for a spot. I liked the roadside because those two boulder areas were slick but I couldn’t get past Wave 5 there as the spawns overwhelmed me. 

SINISTER120

I have nothing. Never even played the game.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ok 1

omarcomin71

Thanks for setting this up @djw180  

@Con I’ll upload my pathetic attempt in a bit. :D 

omarcomin71

Here’s my attempt. Setting the forest on fire seems to be a good way to go about it. 

Unfortunately I rage quit after every attempt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1