Jump to content
ErnYoung

Collector Tips: What is and aint working for you?

Recommended Posts

ErnYoung

Madam Nazar read my Tea Leaves and said she saw a a new topic in my future... 

Figured we could share some of our collective knowledge... (see what I did there?)

 


All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ErnYoung

Here are a few things I have learned in the Collector's Role:

  1. As a collector you get pulsing called Divining Ability when you are near valuables the same as when you are hunting for the reward on a treasure map. The range seems to be about 10 meters so you do not need to go into smaller buildings to screen them.
  2. You do not need the maps to locate valuables though I am not sure if the maps show existing collectibles or if they add them when activated.
  3. Maps seem to show the closest loots in that category. If you are looking for something like an egg or flower that is in a certain area, go there before you open your map.
  4. If you open a new map before you finish with previous map, the previous map will be discarded.
  5. The "golden mist" does not always appear when you use Eagle Eye or the Refined Binoculars
  6. Collectibles seem to respawn in locations that were previously searched. I am not sure if it the same loot or not though.
  7. Collectible eggs in nests need to be shot down with an regular arrow or varmint rifle. Shoot the nest and watch for the egg to drop. 
  8. Some arrowheads can be recovered from wildlife. They are wounded and will appear as a white pulsing dot nearby.
  9. Some wildlife will try to steal your loot. If you are hunting for the valuable and you see a white dot pulsing, chances are that is your loot about to be stolen or eaten.
  10. The Metal Detector will start to alert up to 100 meters or so away. A technique that I use to speed up my detector searches is to note where the alert started and continue until it ends. When you know this, you have found the outside arc of the circle in which the loot is in the center of. You just have to guess which side it is on.
  11. When the Metal Detector is active your Divining Ability is not active. Your Eagle Eye will still work though.
  12. Not all buried loot will cause the Metal Detector to alert.
  13. Loot enemy NPCs for collectibles. Always.

 

 

  • Like 3

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pete2581

I can’t even find the flowers. Just run in circles. 

Edited by pete2581

new.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smurf

When I aim at animals they occasionally disappear and the camp system don't always work when I'm placing a camp it seems to glitch out

So my satchel was filled up with 20 American ginseng. I know a spot where only one ginseng was so I discarded three from the satchel to get this daily challenge started. I pick that one Alaskan ginseng and headed somewhere where there are five more at that location.

After reaching that location it said that I have completed the daily challenge of picking 5 when it would actually be the 2nd Alaskan ginseng being picked. Rockstar logic, I hope they don't change it though Lol works for me.


VIDEO GAMES DON'T MAKE US VIOLENT, LAG & PEOPLE DOES. ezgif.com-resize_zpslg5pf79o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SINISTER120

 

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

When I aim at animals they occasionally disappear and the camp system don't always work when I'm placing a camp it seems to glitch out

So my satchel was filled up with 20 American ginseng. I know a spot where only one ginseng was so I discarded three from the satchel to get this daily challenge started. I pick that one Alaskan ginseng and headed somewhere where there are five more at that location.

After reaching that location it said that I have completed the daily challenge of picking 5 when it would actually be the 2nd Alaskan ginseng being picked. Rockstar logic, I hope they don't change it though Lol works for me.

Daily Challenges are currently bugged and broken. Mine reset every day. Most players have had their streaks broken. Some players had hundreds of days. R* is comping everyone that reports an issue with them. The large streak players are getting 50 Gold Bars. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli
1 hour ago, SINISTER120 said:

 

Daily Challenges are currently bugged and broken. Mine reset every day. Most players have had their streaks broken. Some players had hundreds of days. R* is comping everyone that reports an issue with them. The large streak players are getting 50 Gold Bars. 

Good to know. I had my streak broken the second day of the new update. Wasn't as long as some others but still in the high fifties. Might as well get a bit of gold.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smurf

Had my steak broken yesterday, noticed my white Arabian horse runs faster in cinematic mode going to have that's a game designer a bug, got disconnected during a fast travel and it took my money but I was still at the same place, I hope that doesn't happen when I'm buying something expensive. 🤔


VIDEO GAMES DON'T MAKE US VIOLENT, LAG & PEOPLE DOES. ezgif.com-resize_zpslg5pf79o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlCohonez

Can someone explain to me how Intuition works? I've got it def unlocked but the in-game description makes no sense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SINISTER120
16 minutes ago, AlCohonez said:

Can someone explain to me how Intuition works? I've got it def unlocked but the in-game description makes no sense...

I think that is just the controller vibrations you feel when near a treasure.

Edit. I was wrong. The vibrations are Divination. Intuition is something about narrowing your search area. Just a passive type of deal that we don't really "do" anything.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zztop911

I plot a track to the next object on the interactive map, pull out metal detector  and most times I just put the horse on cruise......just depends on location..

I can use eagle eye at a gallop and sprint to pick up some while in cruise.

Easy method to get lots of loot.

Edit: A HUGE percentage  of the time, Metal detector items will be by some prominent object. I can predict.. pretty good now at where the object will be.

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 3

Welcome to the nuthouse or the slaughter house................it.just depends!

You never know what's going to happen, but rest assured, it's gonna be fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SINISTER120

Since maxing the rank I'm just working on awards and such. I use the map to gather a few collections to sell. Right now though I am working on having all collections at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlCohonez

I'm just opportunistically picking up collectables (random pick ups by metal detector or the map) and I still level up the collector the quickest. Haven't sold a single collection yet but nearing completion on quite a few. Really like the fact I don't have to go out of my way to do these and it's a nice change from hunting/bounties. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SINISTER120
2 hours ago, AlCohonez said:

I'm just opportunistically picking up collectables (random pick ups by metal detector or the map) and I still level up the collector the quickest. Haven't sold a single collection yet but nearing completion on quite a few. Really like the fact I don't have to go out of my way to do these and it's a nice change from hunting/bounties. 

I’ve visited areas and found things I never knew existed. Best role by far. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zztop911

I've sold a bunch of collections and made quite a bit of money! Using the metal detector while traveling from point to point is a key point.

I can still get some Eagle Eye loot when in cruise. I don't think I miss many because I change the view fairly often. Be aware that's an ability that you unlock.

Best thing is you can hunt for your Trader role while doing this.


Welcome to the nuthouse or the slaughter house................it.just depends!

You never know what's going to happen, but rest assured, it's gonna be fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SINISTER120

Just completed every collection. Will wait for the map to change so I can get the two items needed for the weekly collection as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...