Lann

planning Survive the Hunt

Lann

Date of Event: TBA

Time of Event in UTC: TBA

Event Host: @ajbns87 (i think)

Amount of Players Allowed: alot

Special Rules for Event:

Description of Event: I hope we will get invited soon, but wanted to check interest first.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2

ajbns87

Hi all. 

This isn't set up yet, but I was considering assigning it to a Friday evening in the future, subject to the right amount of people joining and everyone being clear on the rules and objective. 

Event would be highly dependent on communication and trust. A good understanding of the city and a good level of maturity amongst participants. 

I'd like to know what interest there would be amongst XDBX and other crews in helping take part and organise too.

Open to suggestions as event is still a work in progress. The youtuber Failrace has atleast 15 episodes showing how it works from his perspective as he tries to avoid detection and survive the hunt, ultimately I would suggest checking his videos to get a good idea of the event and potentially how we could better it. 

Edited by ajbns87
  • Like 3

djw180

We have done something like this in the past so I know it can work, @adsyfindlay organised it. When we did it I think we had 4 short-ish events limited to a small area and short time limit.

• Like 1

LimeGreenLegend

I’ve watched quite a few of those videos, looks like a lot of fun.  If I’m free on whatever date this happens then I’m in :) 

• Like 2

LimeGreenLegend.png

Fido_le_muet

Love this ! 

Would definitely take part if available. 

toYHMZH.png

Spinnaker1981

Failrace is one of my favorite youtubers and I have witnessed how he organises these. He uses the whole city and has something like 15 other hunters. Much more and it turns too crowded. Also, there is always someone looking in the map to see if somebody also looks at the map (the flag icon appears when someone does that). 

This means we would  need something like 15/20 players to get all this sorted. 

Also, he is making youtube videos out of this. In order for this to be rewarding for whoever is getting away, I would recomend 2 hunted instead of 1 (so they can talk to each other. 

Lots of things need to happen for this to work, and it will require some prep work and commitment and complete trust on everyone involved to follow the rules. 

I am up for it, if enough of us are....

@Crawford1872 red gauntlet with white stripes? 

• Facepalm 1

pete2581

This looks fun.  If available i would participate.

new.gif

omarcomin71

I’d play if available. 

"The Game is out there. And it's either play or get played"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkBRYq2UbHE

Fido_le_muet

I have complete trust of everyone on this forum. 

Definitely not a problem to set this up. 

toYHMZH.png

ajbns87

Excellent stuff, good to see so many are down. 

There are things to decide. 

When, time, Who runs, What aim preference, who referees and checks there is no pausing, is subway permitted, do we use personal cars (Failrace uses bright pink cars to give indication to hunters where he is roughly on map).... 

I'm down to organise this. But I'm very open to suggestions and thoughts here before hand. 

LimeGreenLegend
24 minutes ago, ajbns87 said:

Excellent stuff, good to see so many are down. 

There are things to decide. 

When, time, Who runs, What aim preference, who referees and checks there is no pausing, is subway permitted, do we use personal cars (Failrace uses bright pink cars to give indication to hunters where he is roughly on map).... 

I'm down to organise this. But I'm very open to suggestions and thoughts here before hand. 

I like the bright pink personal vehicles, gives the hunted an objective and it will help the hunters track them down. Everyone should be driving cars they steal off the streets, with the hunted allowed to steal the faster sports cars and supers.

I’d also keep it to one in game day, that way we can run it a couple of times in a couple of hours, maybe more depending how long each run is. 

I’d say no to the subway, or going indoors anywhere, shops/strip club etc.  We gotta keep it on the streets.

• Like 2
  • Ok 1

LimeGreenLegend.png

DavidCore89

Sounds good. I'd definitely join if the time suits.

• Love 1

Six-times Jump Rope world champion // Three-times Tic-Tac-Toe runner-up // Two-times Hopscotch world champion // Two-times Wheelbarrow Race world champion // One-time Marco Polo runner-up // One-time Musical Chairs European champion.

Owner of a 25-metre swimming badge.

"Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"  - Gilles Villeneuve.

ajbns87

Would be good to have you fellow Welshman 

• Like 1

Skorpion
3 hours ago, ajbns87 said:

Friday nights GMT or US work well for me personally. I'd also like auto-aim, but will still take part in free-aim.

If nobody volunteers to run or referee, then perhaps just pull names from a hats. If more than one round, then I doubt anyone will object to doing a role they don't prefer if they can do a different/prefered role the next round.

The bright pink cars for hunters is a good idea, but besides that I think all cars should be stock. No performance upgrades for hunter or hunters, and any vehicle you're able to steal. No personal vehicles.

And I agree with Lime

3 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I’d say no to the subway, or going indoors anywhere, shops/strip club etc.  We gotta keep it on the streets.

• Like 1

Protocawl

The Cops vs Criminals events I hosted a year or 2 ago were similar to this. Never got more than 7-10 players together there, but it was still quite fun.

As has been mentioned by a few already, no going into buildings/indoors (other than parking lots of course) and sticking only to the vehicles available on the streets would be a must.

I'm definitely interested in joining and could potentially help with organizing, since I've got some experience with this sort of event.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

Protocawl.png

Lann

I would join if the time suits as well!

ajbns87

Good feedback, thanks. 

More is welcome, watch this space. 

I'm going to work on this event. In the mean time, I request that those interested in taking part add me when you can to psn. I have some friends already from here. 

• Like 1

ajbns87

I have drafted a set of rules. 

But a question, I would like to capture opinions on. 

If the Hunted and Hunters must pick vehicles off the street, the Hunters are to be restricted to what?  Too slow they will struggle, too fast might make it unfair on the hunted / target. Could someone give this some thought, and potentially put together a list of spawning vehicles that hunters cannot use from the start? Or during? 

LimeGreenLegend
7 minutes ago, ajbns87 said:

If the Hunted and Hunters must pick vehicles off the street, the Hunters are to be restricted to what?  Too slow they will struggle, too fast might make it unfair on the hunted / target. Could someone give this some thought, and potentially put together a list of spawning vehicles that hunters cannot use from the start? Or during? 

I'm not sure of the exact list, but the FailRace rules seem to work well, hunted able to take supers and the faster sports cars (I wouldn't know what they are) and the hunters limited to the slower sports/everything else.  

Having helicopters helps the hunters a huge amount, which should balance out the speed difference if the hunted decides to use a super.  All of the hunters will be keeping an eye out for supers though, so everything has a negative to it, which should make it more tense.

LimeGreenLegend.png

Lann

With a restricted area, how about all npc vehicles are fair game for all. The hunted would probably want to blend in, not racing down the street drawing attention. And the faster the hunters are travelling the less they will see of their suroundings (inkl the hunted).

Spinnaker1981
35 minutes ago, ajbns87 said:

Hunters cannot take:

Infernus

9f

rapid GT

surano

Comet

Banshee

Feltzer

Bullet

voltic

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Ok 1

Con

No time frame for this yet, correct? I want to join if Im not at work. 

ajbns87
8 minutes ago, Con said:

No time frame for this yet, correct? I want to join if Im not at work. 

Not yet, but likely towards end of September, hosted on a Friday or Sunday depending on US and EU participant numbers. Would be good have as many as possible. 

Edited by ajbns87
  • Thanks 1

Lann
43 minutes ago, ajbns87 said:

Not yet, but likely towards end of September, hosted on a Friday or Sunday depending on US and EU participant numbers. Would be good have as many as possible

Friday sept 20 we have Dirty Hotring racing 20:30 UTC.

Sunday sept 22 we have the final of Sunday Racing League at 20:00 UTC.

Friday sept 27 we have Gfred on the calender at 20:00 UTC.

Sunday sept 29 we are playing STMT in a H2H at 20:00 UTC.

The following weekend, the first weekend in october, there is nothing on the calendar at those times.

The sunday after, on october 13th we are working on a classic H2H, but there has been no info posted yet.

Edited by Lann

pete2581

Would using an armed helicopter be a tremendous advantage for the hunters as the helicopter will lock on the potential target giving away that is them?

new.gif

ajbns87
3 hours ago, Lann said:

Friday sept 20 we have Dirty Hotring racing 20:30 UTC.

Sunday sept 22 we have the final of Sunday Racing League at 20:00 UTC.

Friday sept 27 we have Gfred on the calender at 20:00 UTC.

Sunday sept 29 we are playing STMT in a H2H at 20:00 UTC.

The following weekend, the first weekend in october, there is nothing on the calendar at those times.

The sunday after, on october 13th we are working on a classic H2H, but there has been no info posted yet.

September 28th - Could be a provisional date.

ajbns87

Posted to gtaforums. 

https://gtaforums.com/topic/935590-survive-the-hunt/

SURVIVE THE HUNT 

PS4

28.9.2019 - 21.00 UK/BST (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

About:

Event is based on an existing concept that is showcased in a series on the ‘Failrace’ Youtube channel. As it looks like a lot of fun potentially, I want to give a try at hosting this myself, with friends and guests. How it works is relatively simple, but there is a large degree of trust involved and a few simple rules that absolutely MUST be followed to make it work and playout as intended.

One player is selected as the ‘Hunted’ and the remaining other players become the ‘Hunters’. The Hunted gets a 2 minute head start to break away from the Hunters at the starting location (Los Santos International Airport).  The Hunters then seek to find the Hunted, who must stay in perimeter of the City. What makes this difference from a cat vs mouse, is that all players do not have or use any radar, and player names are turned off in the display settings. How the Hunted decides to play is up to them, they can try to blend in with NPC traffic or find a decent car, and be confident of out running the Hunters, but ultimately risking bringing attention to themselves.

How well the Hunters do, will depend on communication (party chats encouraged, game chat is ok), working as a team to try to detect the Hunted is essential and good knowledge of the map is vital.

To assist the Hunters, the Hunted is encouraged to ‘blow-up’ hot pink coloured personal vehicles scattered randomly across city by the Hunter participants. Hunted is to destroy these when nearby to give Hunters some indication. Note it is ‘encouraged’ but not a fundamental rule.

The objective of the Hunted is to survive for 1 Hour. The objective of the Hunters is to find and eliminate the Hunted within the Hour.

Rules and Settings: (subject to change, discussion encouraged)

No personal vehicles* are to be used by any player once the event starts. (Exceptions can be granted, such as Blimps / Non weaponised aircraft)

Hunters must not shoot from their vehicles. (Flare gun is ok)

Display Settings MUST be set to have radar and blips OFF, and Player Names Above Player: OFF

The Hunted must not leave the city or the subway system to evade detection, car parks are allowable, but no enterable buildings such as shops/ammunation/hairdressers.

The Hunted can shoot from vehicle and on foot (Strictly no explosives vs other players, but can use to blow up Pink Locator vehicles)

The Hunters can shoot, but only on foot (Strictly no explosives or minigun)

Settings will be Freeaim, to allow the Hunted a chance to evade. (Subject to change)

Hunters are encouraged to use a variety of vehicles in their pursuit of the Hunted, but only One Helicopter is allowed per 10 players.

Aircraft cannot be used to directly kill Hunted (No Kamikaze)

Once a Hunter has been killed they are to return to the airport or other starting location. THEY CANNOT IMMEDIATELY RETURN TO THE ACTION UNLESS KILLED BY ANOTHER HUNTER ACCIDENTALLY. (subject to change)

------------------------

NOTE: I haven't included restricted vehicles for hunters, I want to see how it plays out first of all. 

NOTE 2: On Gtaforums, there is a proforma, if you are able to it would be nice for you to sign up there, and share thoughts there too, but appreciate everything is posted here, thanks to all who have added me so far, will be creating a PSN message group in the coming days.

3 hours ago, pete2581 said:

Would using an armed helicopter be a tremendous advantage for the hunters as the helicopter will lock on the potential target giving away that is them?

Yeah not allowed in the rules for that reason.

A maverick or swift, is fine, but not a buzzard or anything with 'guns'.

PS. sorry for spam. 

• Like 2