• Released

• Rating

• Genre

• Drama
    • Family
    • Fantasy
    • Adventure

Overview

While hiding from bullies in his school's attic, a young boy discovers the extraordinary land of Fantasia, through a magical book called The Neverending Story. The book tells the tale of Atreyu, a young warrior who, with the help of a luck dragon named Falkor, must save Fantasia from the destruction of The Nothing.

Trailer

Credits

• Barret Oliver
    Barret Oliver
    Bastian
  • Gerald McRaney
    Gerald McRaney
    Bastian's Father
  • Noah Hathaway
    Noah Hathaway
    Atreyu
  • Chris Eastman
    Chris Eastman
    1st Bully
  • Darryl Cooksey
    Darryl Cooksey
    2nd Bully
  • Nicholas Gilbert
    Nicholas Gilbert
    3rd Bully
This page uses the themoviedb.org API.
LimeGreenLegend

This month we are stretching our imaginations to the limits as we explore the worlds of fantasy.  The winning film is The NeverEnding Story, nominated by @Spinnaker1981, directed by Wolfgang Peterson (Air Force One, The Perfect Storm) in 1984.

A film about the power of the imagination, the importance of self-indentity and the awesomeness of books, The NeverEnding Story can rightly sit up there with Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal in the pantheon of awesome 80s puppet fantasy movies.

ACW3BKS.jpg

I haven't seen this since I was very young, and I can't remember much about it, but I do remember being traumatised by what happens to Artax the horse, and having the theme song stuck in my head for ages, so I'm looking forward to revisiting this and seeing if it holds up as well as Labyrinth does.

the neverending story win GIF

There up on a rainbow is the answer to our neverending story 

• Like 1

LimeGreenLegend.png

Con

Don't ask me how i managed to miss watching this my entire life. Probably because I was too busy trying to watch the R rated films instead. I look forward to it as it looks trippy. I have a white dog, I wish he could fly me around, we'd be heading to the kitchen right about now. 

• Like 1

Spinnaker1981

Just watched it. It was exactly as I remembered it, and nothing as I remembered it at the same time...

Big tits are shown in this movie, so watch out (that I did NOT remember!)

• Haha 1