djw180

gta Crew Challenge 190 - Under the Bridge

djw180
Posted (edited)

Crew Challenge 190 - Under the Bridge

lonely music video GIF

This is a solo challenge suggested by @Pb76. The idea is quite simple, who can fly under the most bridges in 3 minutes in GTA-online?

We will just be relying on the bridges that the game gives you a clear sound for as you fly under them, so videos need to be saved and uploaded so we can count the sounds as you fly under bridges. If there is no sound then it doesn't count, either because it's not one of R* recognised fly-under-bridges or you did something R* says is wrong.

After a little testing it became apparent that flying under bridges in a free roam lobby does not always count, maybe never counts. Also doing it in free roam means you need to own or find planes, and not everyone has planes. So to make things simpler I have made what is technically an air race (but please do not use this in playlists, it only has 2 check points). You play the “race” using any of the non-custom planes available, but just find your own route flying under as many bridges as you can. No need to start with the bridges close to the 1st CP if you don't want to. Just fly off wherever you want to to start. If you crash or want to try again then just respawn at the start. No need to fly through the final check point, you won't even get much money for it since it's only 2 CPs. Save a video and edit out a section including your best 3 minutes.

• Timing starts from the 1st under-bridge sound on your video, counting ends after exactly 3 minutes
  • It's the total number of different bridges, i.e. each bridge can only count once
  • The “race” is CC 190
    • you use another air race or even make your own, so long as you only use one of the following aircraft
    • Mallard, Mamatus, P45 Nakota, Rogue, Velum, Aplha-ZI, Duster, Howard NX25
  • Winner is who flies under the most different bridges in 3 minutes
  • Tie breaker is actual time between first and last bridge.
    • If other ties breakers are needed it's the time taken for the first 5, 6, 7, … etc bridges – until there is a difference
    • This is just to cover all eventualities, there might be one best route a couple of people find and do the first few bridges all in exactly the same time
  • Knife flights also give the same sound as flying under a bridge. Clearly they do no count for this challenge.
    • I don't think there is anywhere a knife-flight and under-bridge could be confused
  • This is a link to an interactive map showing the 50 bridges. There may be others

Challenge starts now

Ends 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) 30th July

Please upload videos to this thread by 19:00 BST on 1st August.

And incase someone has no idea what the gif at the top is about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwlogyj7nFE

Edited by djw180
  • Like 5

Crawford1872

I'm in :)

• Like 1

RammsteinDUDE

Love the idea, I'll participate

• Like 1

punkbish85

I might rage quit, but I'll try.... 

• Like 1

pete2581

I’m in

• Like 1

new.gif

SINISTER120

In

• Like 1

Lann

In as well.

• Like 1

Lann

19 in 1:53 

• Like 1

Lann

A bridge only counts if you get that ”bling” sound, correct?

Are we allowed to use a job with a different starting point, but same settings otherwise? Wasting alot of time traveling..

SINISTER120

Time doesn’t start until we go under first bridge so travel time to first one shouldn’t matter. 

• Like 1

Lann

i know it dont hurt my attempt, but its just a pita.

djw180
1 hour ago, Lann said:

A bridge only counts if you get that ”bling” sound, correct?

Are we allowed to use a job with a different starting point, but same settings otherwise? Wasting alot of time traveling..

yes, only counts if you get the sound

I'm fine with another job being used. Just make sure you only use use one of the planes available in the one I made,  and no customs.

• Thanks 1

JustHatched

Why no customs?

• Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

djw180
38 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

Why no customs?

so we all use the same standard of plane, not everyone has them

djw180

I think I have a score of 6 so far!

Lann

Here is my worst section.

• Thanks 1

Lann

Finally managed to get the sound, not die, and stay 1.5 sec under the 3 min mark hitting 24 bridges.

• Like 1

JustHatched

Im gonna give this a go tonight but I'm protesting the use of non customs....

Begin rant - I've always issues with often the statement is made when it comes to custom cars that we race everything so one should have a custom in each class and often events require buying a custom car to suit the event. But when it comes to aircraft the opposite happens, no requirement to buy a custom to race or for events....just sayin - End rant

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

JustHatched

I am at 26 or 27 (don't remember which) with 24 seconds to spare so I gotta alter my route to add in another bridge or 2

@djw180, I made my own course for this, I wanted some CP's to mark my planned route

• Like 1

default_swhatever7.gif

Lann
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

I am at 26 or 27 (don't remember which) with 24 seconds to spare so I gotta alter my route to add in another bridge or 2

@djw180, I made my own course for this, I wanted some CP's to mark my planned route

Damn nice, no issues with missing signals? Maybe i need to try a faster plane. I have 3 potential ones on my route that just wont give me the signal.

Edited by Lann

JustHatched
30 minutes ago, Lann said:

Damn nice, no issues with missing signals? Maybe i need to try a faster plane. I have 3 potential ones on my route that just wont give me the signal.

I am having issues with one of the big bridges in the south of the map. Ya know, one so big the Titan would fit under it...

default_swhatever7.gif

Lann

@djw180 are all stock planes available in the job? Been cruising in the Mallard (Sprunk), but likely need something faster.

Lann

I cant get these 3 to give me the sound.

EWpqdsG.jpg

djw180
2 hours ago, Lann said:

@djw180 are all stock planes available in the job? Been cruising in the Mallard (Sprunk), but likely need something faster.

No, I think it's just small prop planes.

If you need to check which planes are allowed you can just start my "race" to see what's there.

djw180

About bridges not giving sounds. These are just my guesses as to why some bridges are not registering.

In my experience online guides are not always 100% accurate. So it could be some bridges don't count but some guides say they do.

Some bridges you may have to go through specific sections of them, like if there are 2 sets of supports dividing the bridge into 3 parts it may be only one of them counts.

The other thing is if you just clip the bridge, a lamppost, car etc it may not count, even if the contact was so slight you don't notice but the game does.

The_Lady_A

I'm finding the bridges work a little like air checkpoints so aiming the nose as close to the centre as possible seems the safest way of doing it.

• Like 2

Wish you luck but you're not bringing us down!

djw180

If you're using another air race then the allowed planes are

• Mallard
  • Mamatus
  • P45 Nakota
  • Rogue
  • Velum
  • Aplha-ZI
  • Duster
  • Howard NX25

Con
On 7/17/2019 at 6:04 PM, Lann said:

Here is my worst section.

I wasnt going to sign up for this....but after watching this vid...i wanna try. So I'm in. 

• Like 1

JustHatched
18 hours ago, Lann said:

I cant get these 3 to give me the sound.

EWpqdsG.jpg

those 3 do not trigger for me either, I hve hit them from both sides at all angles

default_swhatever7.gif