JustHatched

XDBX Chronicle #74

JustHatched

n125-1.png-The XDBX Chronicle #74-n125-1.png

Your source for all things Domestic Battery written by PB76, Fido_le_muet and JustHatched

XDBX Social Media - Social Club - Facebook - Twitter - Youtube - May's Podcast - Old Married Gamers - RSCnet

nlimage1.png<<------------------------XDBX------------------------>>nlimage1.png

"The News In Ten" - (by PB76)

Fresh from taking the throne as the new King of the Projects, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿@Potato🥇 wrestled the Sunday Racing League crown from last season’s winner @acdc_sw.           🇫🇷@Fido_le_muet🥈 was right there with them all season and finished 2nd overall. Meanwhile, Mister consistent 🇺🇸@Dodge🥉, who finished the season having not had a podium finish or fastest lap, earned a well deserved 3rd. Final table thus.........

spacer.pngA big thank you goes to all who took part and a massive thank you to the organizers  @Lann @Spinnaker1981 @omarcomin71 @Potato & @Dodge

@LimeGreenLegend set up and hosted the 2019 XDBX summer triathlon and it was @TheBoyBry who took home the gold medal, @omarcomin71 got silver, @Protocawl, @Con and @Dodge shared a bronze medal. @RammsteinDUDE got the wooden spoon. All of them leave with broken bones, chipped teeth and second degree burns along with memories of an amazingly hilarious event, the rest of us got a brilliant vid........

Crew Challenge 186 -  Death Streaker was a solo challenge to see which crew member could get the longest killstreak in a deathmatch, it turned out being a shootout between @pete2581 and @Con with @pete2581 just edging it with 8, @Con managed 7 and @djw180 was third with 5.

It’s a shame the crew challenge wasn’t on RDRO as Banketelli out-Banketellied himself with a phenomenal killstreak of 22 in a 3 minute period!

Crew Challenge 187 - I Like Propane is live, it is a 2-player team time trial, one team mate in a custom coupé the other in a custom sedan. The track we are tackling is @RammsteinDUDE‘s Propane Raceway.

spacer.png

This Sunday is the Red Dead Poker Championship , the draw has been made and @LimeGreenLegend will be hosting @Protocawl@Banketelli, @JustHatched, @omarcomin71@Beez and simultaneously, @pete2581 will be taking money from@Dodge, @RammsteinDUDE, @Con, @punkbish85 and @Lann

The latest couple of episodes of the OMG podcast are available to listen to. Episode 5 covers handheld gaming, weed and regrets. Episode 6 sees the old blokes discussing gaming communities, VR and their top 5 games with their special guest DunkMasterDa, a prominent YouTuber, twitch streamer and PC gamer.

In other podcast news, @punkbish85 returned after a brief hiatus and talked about what she’s been up to, games she’s been playing and weird fetishes, we’re not talking about just nipple tassels and finger up the bum stuff, we’re talking really weird stuff. Find out how weird here.

The Women’s World Cup kicked off in France and @Lann set up The XDBX Women’s World Cup France 2019 Fantasy League (XDBXWWCF2019FL for short), an impressive 13 teams have entered and at the end of the first round of matches, it was @LimeGreenLegend‘s Limes Ladies who topped the table.

And finally........a little throwback to a 2015 new year’s resolution  from @Banketelli 

”I would like to master the art of yodelling”

nlimage1.png<<------------------------XDBX------------------------>>nlimage1.png

"XDBX Member Report"

- Unvetted Members looking to join Domestic Battery - (Be Sure to Note them is you game with them)

None at this time

- Congratulations to the following members on becoming Vetted Members of the crew.

RammsteinDUDE

"XDBX Events Schedule"

Monday Motor Mayhem, Mischief, and Merriment (M5)  hosted by Crawford and The Lady A on Mondays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO.

Whacked Out Wednesdays hosted by DJW180 on Wednesdays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO and RDRO.

Thursday Night Thunder hosted by Dodge on Fridays at 3:30AM UTC for GTAO.

Brokeback Fridays hosted by LimeGreenLegend on Fridays at 9:00PM UTC for RDRO.

Gfred hosted by Potato on every 2nd Friday at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO.

2Bros hosted by Omar and Pete on Saturdays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO and RDRO. 

Gunslinger Saturdays hosted by JustHatched on Sundays at 3:30AM UTC for RDRO.

**RSVP Reminder:

** RSVP'ing for an event is very important so that the event host is aware of how many people plan to attend so that they can make the event tailored to the projected lobby size. So if you plan to attend and event please RSVP. Likewise, if you have done so and something comes up and you can not attend please un-RSVP so the host is not expecting you to be there.

**To RSVP simply check the calendar for any event that you would like to attend, click on the event and there will be an 'Going' button on the right hand side. To visit the discussion thread for the event you clicked on, scroll down and click "View Discussion Topic"

If you have any queries regarding this feel free to ask any Staff Member.

"PB's DB OG's" - (by PB76)

Welcome to PB’s DB OGs.....where we probe some of the crew’s earliest members.......This time we welcome the fairly silent, but fairly deadly...........

WRAIGNBOW

Welcome Wraignbow, who are you and where are you from?

Hi, I'm Kristen and I'm from the USA, South Carolina, but currently living in Iowa.

What is the the reason behind your PSN ID?

I've had some form of wraignbow as a screen name since the early nineties. I remember using Telnet, which was what was used before Yahoo was around. I only knew one person in real life that had internet access, or even knew what the internet was- my best friend- who's mom was a computer programmer. I chose the name rainbow because I was just out of the closet with my then girlfriend, and wanted to show some gay pride, but then I thought it looked better spelled wraignbow. Somehow I ended up with wraignbowgirl, but I will probably change it back to wraignbow when I start gaming again.

What’s kept you away from gaming recently?

I've been going back full time to school to get my nursing degree. I graduate May 2020. I also had a bad experience with a crew member in real life. It made me not like the game for a very long time. However, I just recently logged back in and updated GTA and and messed around in free roam for a bit. It was fun.

I also don't play because I haven't kept up with what the updates are. It's very confusing now! The last update i remember was getting the yacht. That's how far behind I am!

Are you aiming to get into a particular area of nursing?

I'm open to anything, but I want to eventually be a dialysis nurse.

Was there something that inspired the dream to be a dialysis nurse?

My mom was on dialysis before she died, and the nurses there took really good care of her. It's something that I thought I'd like to do, I like taking care of people. Plus, my cousin is a dialysis nurse and it seems like a good job to have.

That’s a brilliant thing to do, I’m sure she’d be proud of you. What did you do for work before?

Thank you! I taught guitar at several music stores in the area. I've been playing since i was 11. Since I started school for the 2nd time, however, I haven't touched it. I have a youtube channel link on one of the threads here on the site of my playing, I haven't made a new video in ages, though. I don't  like to video myself.

Here’s the link and a vid....

What sort of music do you listen to?

I will listen to anything, as long as the song is good. I only listen to music when I'm driving somewhere in the car, so I don't hear all the new stuff. Right now I have the radio set on an 80s music station.

Do you ever just drive for the sake of it?

I don't drive just for the sake of it, but I do drive to Walmart and Target a lot.

What car do you drive?

2010 Jeep Commander

Do you always drive in accordance with the laws of the road?

Most of the time, yes. Like most people, In the past I've gotten a handleful of tickets for speeding and not wearing a seatbelt.

(actual footage of wraignbow not racing justhatched)

spacer.png

Let’s move on to gaming, what was your first gaming experience?

I got a NES for Christmas back in the 80s, and started right away with Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt.

Did you move onto the SNES?

Yes. I've had all of the Nintendo systems, and then Playstation.

Favourite games through the years?

Anything Mario, all of the Metal Gear games, I went through a Crash Bandicoot phase, and CTR. Almost all of the GTA games, My first online gaming experience was with GTA 5 on PS3. I was crew hopping for awhile, but I found The Devils Within crew and stayed with them until I found Domestic Battery.

How was your first experience of online gaming?

Totally addicting. I started off exploring freeroam, and playing surivals. In freeroam I would helicopter on top of a building, and headshot other players going to the garage. I enjoyed the reactions. For awhile, survivals were my favorite. I would do them with randoms, and alone also. 

Original Griefer 😆.....Is the combat side of GTAO your preference, or do you like to race too?

I prefer combat, but I do like non-contact racing, even though I'm not good at it.

What are you having for dinner?

I'm grilling some hamburgers later today.

With fries?

With tater tots.

We don’t have tater tots this side of the Atlantic, what are they?

Tater tots are a food made from potato that had been grated and then deep-fried, often served as a side dish. They are recognized by their compact cylindrical shape and crispy exterior. The term is a registered trademark of Ore-Ida, but it is often used as a generic term.

Ah, so like our potato croquettes then 😋. If you somehow ended up on death row (too many speeding tickets?) what would you choose as your last meal?

Thats a hard decision. It could be anything. Right now I want roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy.

You’re gonna need Yorkshire puddings with that, ever had them before?

I've heard of them but don't know exactly what it is. Never had it.

It’s basically just a batter made of milk, eggs and flour baked in a pudding tray until it rises enough to make the perfect vessel to hold your gravy and mash as you eat it

spacer.png

What drink are you going to have?

Oh that sounds good🙂. I usually drink iced tea or flavored water.

Would that be sparkling or still water?

Still water, don't like the sparkling.

Other than gaming, what hobbies or interests do you have?

I like biking on the trail, and walking at our local state park. I've gotten lost before at the state park and ended up in a farmer's cornfield. Now I stay on the trails.

EEK! You’ve read ‘Children of the corn’ right?

No thank God.

Not a fan of Stephen King?

No, I'm not a fan of horror. I saw "It" and kind of have a fear of clowns. Pet Semetary was just nightmare inducing. I like things that aren't too scary, like Black Mirror, that's a really good show. Also the new re-booted Twilight Zone.

What else do you like to watch on tv? What have been your all time favourite tv shows?

I haven't watched much tv lately, but I did like Buffy back in the day. I enjoyed Downton Abbey, the Big Bang Theory, and Young Sheldon. Lately I've  been watching Survivor, the Amazing Race, and just finished up Gentleman Jack. The next thing I'm looking forward to coming up is Big Brother.

There’s a few British shows you’ve enjoyed, do you like the look of British culture?

Yes. It seems so sophisticated and lovely. I'd like to visit and do all the touristy things. I love the English accent. 

Erm, some of it is sophisticated and lovely 😆. Where is the best place you’ve visited so far?

Probably Montreal, Canada followed by Disneyworld, lol. I haven't traveled much outside the eastern and midwestern part of the USA. I'd love to see the Grand Canyon and I believe Venice, California is what GTA is modeled after. I'd like to go there.

Don’t take any guns there though. Do you own a gun?

I have a glock 9mm.

How close have you come to using it?

I use it on a target I have in my backyard. I've never had to pull it on someone.

Hopefully you never have to. Who is the deadliest crew member you’ve faced? (in game of course)

I'd say G37 (Alchemic-Ink).

The least deadly?

Ohhh I don't want to say!

So there is one? I’m just messing. If the only way to communicate for the rest of your life was with 5 words, what 5 words would you choose?

Hello, goodbye, thanks, please, damnit. Pb your questions are hard!

I prefer ‘interesting’ 😆

If you could use video game cheats in real life, which ones would you use in which situations?

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start. (for you Contra fans)

gimme money

blow up vehicle

ain't nobody got time fo dat

Love it!

spacer.png

If you woke up one day and discovered you were now Barbra Streisand, would you live out the rest of your life as old Barbra, or would you convince your friends and family it was actually you?

Ohh like a freaky friday scenario....I, as Barbara Streisand would gift my friends and family with millions of dollars, and enjoy the fact that I would be able to sing. Then I would go get a face transplant.

😆 Thanks Wraignbow, do you have a parting message for the crew?

I will be active in gaming again, after I graduate. I'm a lifer with this crew! I feel honored that I'm still considered an xdbx legend, lol. Thank you Pb.

Our crew website domesticbatterygaming.com is quite active and is a great resource for GTAV and RDR2 gamers new and experienced, sign in and join the fun.

Cheers and good gaming.

For Questions or Comments about the XDBX Newsletter please contact: JustHatched, PB76 or Fido_le_muet.

For Inquiries regarding any aspect of the crew please contact the appropriate Staff Member.

nl25-2.pngnl25-3.pngnl25-4.png

• Like 8
  • Love 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

Con

Brilliant stuff again!!! Love me some newsletter, baby! 

• Like 2

Fido_le_muet

I had to google Tater Tots and then I saw the next question ^^ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

toYHMZH.png

Danielle

Great interview ❤

• Like 1