JustHatched

XDBX Chronicle #73

JustHatched

n125-1.png-The XDBX Chronicle #73-n125-1.png

Your source for all things Domestic Battery written by PB76, Fido_le_muet and JustHatched

XDBX Social Media - Social Club - Facebook - Twitter - Youtube - May's Podcast - Old Married Gamers - RSCnet

nlimage1.png<<------------------------XDBX------------------------>>nlimage1.png

"The News In Ten" - (by PB76)

1spacer.pngWeek 3 of Sunday Racing League saw @acdc_sw  cleaning up in his Vapid Chino..... four wins and four fastest laps saw him extend his lead at the top of the table. @Fido_le_muet and @RammsteinDUDE did well and finished the week in 2nd and 3rd overall. Interestingly, @Dodge was sitting in 5th overall, despite never finishing on the podium in any race or having a fastest lap.

2spacer.pngWeek 4 of Sunday Racing League, @Crawford1872 won the first two races but @DeaD_GooN amassed the most points across the four races with a win in race 3 and 2nd placed finishes in the other 3. The overall standings going into the final week see @acdc_sw leading, with @Fido_le_muet and @Potato close behind. Interestingly, @Dodge sits in 4th overall, despite still never finishing on the podium in any race or having a fastest lap.

Crew Challenge 185 was scouring your hotring, and in the absence of previous Kings of the Projects @Banketelli and @Fido_le_muet, up stepped @Potato to take the crown with a time of 2:46.266........All hail King Edward?? Lord @Lann of House Lannister was second (2:48.303), Sir @Dodge of Asshat third (2:50.205). @Schumi6581, @Spinnaker1981, @omarcomin71, @djw180, @Beez & @SINISTER120 also suffered the misery.

Crew Challenge 186 is Death streaker.......a solo combat challenge to find who can get the longest kill streak in a death match. Is this a simple case of @pete2581 Vs. @Con, or will a more deadly assassin emerge from the shadows? spacer.png

The XDBX Film Club selected road movies as it’s genre for June, and as expected there were a lot of great suggestions. (Remember, anyone can get involved in any part of Film Club, from nominations to reviews). Con’s wheel of fortune stopped on........spacer.png

Another couple of episodes of the Old Married Gamers podcast are available to listen to, all the different sources can be found here. In the second last one, @JustHatched reminds us of his love for Chevy, while the latest one features @pete2581 as a victim special guest. 

@JustHatched will surely have his pa-pa-pa-pa poker face on in the inaugural RDRO XDBX Poker Championship.

Some idiot thought @pete2581 was afk and reckoned they’d get an easy kill........

@Lann‘s doggo turned green......

.spacer.png

and one of his cats mistook the LEGO box for the litter tray.....spacer.png

nlimage1.png<<------------------------XDBX------------------------>>nlimage1.png

"XDBX Member Report"

- Unvetted Members looking to join Domestic Battery - (Be Sure to Note them is you game with them)

RammsteinDUDE

- Congratulations to the following members on becoming Vetted Members of the crew.

None at this time

"XDBX Events Schedule"

Monday Motor Mayhem, Mischief, and Merriment (M5)  hosted by Crawford and The Lady A on Mondays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO.

Whacked Out Wednesdays hosted by DJW180 on Wednesdays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO and RDRO.

Thursday Night Thunder hosted by Dodge on Fridays at 3:30AM UTC for GTAO.

Brokeback Fridays hosted by LimeGreenLegend on Fridays at 9:00PM UTC for RDRO.

Gfred hosted by Potato on every 2nd Friday at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO.

2Bros hosted by Omar and Pete on Saturdays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO and RDRO. 

Gunslinger Saturdays hosted by JustHatched on Sundays at 3:30AM UTC for RDRO.

**RSVP Reminder:

** RSVP'ing for an event is very important so that the event host is aware of how many people plan to attend so that they can make the event tailored to the projected lobby size. So if you plan to attend and event please RSVP. Likewise, if you have done so and something comes up and you can not attend please un-RSVP so the host is not expecting you to be there.

**To RSVP simply check the calendar for any event that you would like to attend, click on the event and there will be an 'Going' button on the right hand side. To visit the discussion thread for the event you clicked on, scroll down and click "View Discussion Topic"

If you have any queries regarding this feel free to ask any Staff Member.

"PB's DB OG's" - (by PB76)

Welcome to PB’s DB OGs.....where we probe some of the crew’s earliest members.......This time, we welcome Danielle and Jesse! So who are you and where are you from?

Jesse: I'm Jesse and I'm originally from The Netherlands, but moved to Scotland three years ago to be with Dani :D 

Dani: I am Dani and I'm from Scotland.

Have you learned any of each other’s languages? Scottish is a notoriously difficult one to learn

Jesse: Aye, picked up a wee bit of Scottish in my years here. Struggled a bit with understanding in the beginning. But funnily enough there were TV shows like Still Game that taught me some of the 'slang'. After a couple of years it's gotten a lot easier.

Dani: I find the pronunciation too hard to speak Dutch but I understand the main point of most conversations. Most people are fluent in English over there so there isn't a need to learn. I did use Duolingo for a while and I have a few books and CD's so I'll maybe pick it up again sometime. 

So you guys met through the crew, what are the origins of ‘Daniesse’? Was it a particular playlist or big-rig themed event?

Dani: It's hard to pinpoint a specific playlist but the earliest I can remember playing together was a H2H and I thought he was really good at the captures. I was in America when Jesse joined the crew so I unfortunately never got to take part in his vetting. We joined every EU playlist we could so we spent a lot of time together :) 

How was that USA trip? Once in a lifetime thing, or do you have plans to go back?

Dani: It was fantastic, I would absolutely love to do one of those trips again. Jesse refuses to go to America while Trump is president so hopefully we can think about going after next year 😂. We absolutely have to go to LA and see GTA in real life, it's where we met after all. We will plan a road trip when we have the money and the time, need to visit Hatch and his alpacas as well 😁.

Them alpacas though! Would you be tempted to take one home?

Dani: Yes, I hear they are very soft. Hatch said his ones are crazy though.

His would be 😆

What pets do you have?

Dani: We have 2 Dalmatians

Oli (8)UiwChGB.jpg

and Dougal (2)

E40euiQ.jpg

Aww! Brilliant photos too. You both have a knack for photography in GTA, and indeed RDR2. Do you have a favourite snapmatic?

Dani: That's a hard one, lots to choose from. I do really like this one, but there's so many I could pick.

IvTs2ee.jpg

Jesse: A lot of pics I really like, but favourites are these:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Classics! What games are you playing these days?

Dani: I am playing Conan Exiles, it was free with PS Plus last month and it's my favourite kind of game. I love open world survival games. I was playing ARK before that but I had a little break from playing in between. I'm looking forward to the RDRO updates, hopefully more people will start to play it again.

Jesse: I'm about to give Conan a try. Other than Farming Simulator and Minecraft I've not played a lot recently 😂

What’s kept you from gaming Jesse?

Jesse: Can't really get into anything new. Often tired after work as well, so it's easier to just sit and watch something 😴

I know that feeling. Let’s go back in time to the carefree days of your youth.....what did you get up to back then?

Jesse: Playing games...    Never really done crazy young people things that much, always kinda been old inside 😂

what about you Dani?

Dani: I have been working since I was 13, my mum owns a store so I worked there up until last year. Like every other Scottish teenager I spent my weekends with my friends getting drunk in fields and the occasional ceilidh, classy! 🤣 I actually stopped gaming for a long time and only started again when GTAV came out, I went to buy my PS3 then.

Did Jesse get your old job?

Dani: Ha no we actually work together at a place called Whisky Frames making photo frames from whisky barrels. Jesse works there full time and I work Monday and Tuesday and I'm at college the other 3 days. Jesse can maybe add a bit more about it and maybe some pictures...

Jesse:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They look stunning! That last photo is brilliant. How much for a frame with that photo?

Jesse: At no cost for you, of course 😉

I’ll have 300 then please. So aside from gaming, how do you spend your spare time?

Jesse: Binge watching series, walking the dogs, camping trips and the occasional woodworking projects outside of work.

What is the best series you’ve ever watched?

Jesse: For me the n1 is probably the Americans. Love Game of Thrones and am a big fan of scandinavian series :)

Dani: Has to be Game of Thrones, although the last season has felt a bit rushed I probably won't ever be so excited about a series again.

The US Office is amazing, we are re-watching it just now, don't know how many times I have seen it. Also have to throw in The Americans, a really underrated show with a brilliant soundtrack. 

What snacks do you have while watching?

Jesse: spacer.png

Dani: Oh man, we love snacks. We have been enjoying salted caramel donuts from Costco recently.

I know it’s not suitable for tv snacking, but you ever had deep-fried mars bar?

Dani: Yes, many times. Delicious! 😋

I've also had a deep fried snickers but it wasn't as good.

Jesse: Deep fried Snickers wins!

Opinions on pineapple on a pizza?

Jesse: Pizza Hawaii, yum!

Dani: Yes, definitely yes

I always knew you two had taste, enough about food for now, it’s making me hungry. Do you both drive?

Jesse: we do, yes

What do you drive? Who takes on driving duties?

Dani: We have a Peugeot 207 and a Ford Transit Courier. Jesse drives everywhere we go.

So who’s in charge of the music?

Dani: Me of course 😄

What do you listen to? What would Jesse listen to if he had a say?

Jesse: Very favourite will always be Ben Howard. Others I listen to a lot recently are Dermot Kennedy, George Ogilvie, James Vincent McMorrow, Foy Vance, Gang of Youths

Dani: Currently Billie Eilish, Foy Vance, Lana Del Rey and Lewis Capaldi. 

Is there a song that’s ‘your song’?

Jesse:

Dani: Ben Howard - Depth over distance, It was the first song Jesse sent to me. Music has been a big part of our relationship, been to a lot of live shows together.

Anyone disappointed you when you saw them live? Anyone surprised you at how much better they were live?

Jesse: Arctic Monkeys closed the festival we were at last year and we were not very impressed by them. Fever ray, who we only knew from the Vikings tv series intro song, were also there and they pleasantly suprised us :)

Dani: It's funny because we left Arctic Monkeys to see Fever Ray and they were really good. As far as I remember everyone we have wanted to see has been very good live.

Sticking with music......any guilty pleasures?

Dani: The Disney hits playlist on Spotify 😂

Jesse: Can't think of any

Nothing wrong with a bit of Disney, do you have a favourite?

Dani: Hmm hard to choose... Moana and The Lion King both have a great soundtrack.

Would one of those two be your favourite Disney film?

Dani: Probably... The Jungle Book was the one I watched the most growing up so it will always be up there as well.

What do you make of the newer, live action one?

Dani: Didn't enjoy it that much. That just reminded me of Mulan, also a great one 😁. I'm not sure how to feel about live action remakes, I will probably still watch them all.

Hey look.....a massive spider on the wall! Which one of you would get rid of it?

Jesse: Getting rid of spiders would be me, Dani doesn't like them very much... :P

Dani: I'm terrified of them 😥

Even this one?.....spacer.png

Dani: That's pretty cute but I probably wouldn't want it anywhere near me.

This one?......

spacer.png

Dani: Haha... don't want to risk posting spoilers.

😆.....without giving too much away, describe the ending of Game of Thrones in one word

Jesse: One word for all of the last season: shit

Dani: Disappointing

How often do you visit The Netherlands? Do you miss it Jesse?

Jesse: At least twice a year. It's not so much The Netherlands that I miss, just my family. But luckily they like Scotland a lot so they on average visit about twice a year as well.

Do they ever bring any food over that you can’t get in Scotland?

Dani: Only at Christmas, pepernoten and kruidnoten. Last time they visited they brought stroopwafels. Most things we like to eat from Holland have to be eaten fresh there... kapsalon, broodje kroket (I have no idea if I'm spelling this right). My favourite thing there is tompouce :D 

I imagine everyone will be googling to find out what all those things are. Anyway, back to Crew life.....is there a single event or playlist that stands out for you?

Dani: There's so many events that stand out to me, the Big Rig events and Panto Parties were some of my favourites. Thinking of all the old sessions we used to have makes me really excited for GTA6. 

Jesse: I'm thinking of the same events and of the Airshows. Really hope to get some of those nights again in 6 :D

Are you not expecting any good crew events on RDRO?

Dani: Not sure yet, depends what they add in future. It was really fun at first when the crew were all playing but most quickly went back to GTA.

What would you like to see added?

Dani: I think they are already taking a step in the right direction with the recent announcement. I'm looking forward to the Bounty Hunter/Collector/Trader roles that are coming. Just anything they add that gives us something to do would be good. I don't think RDRO will ever compare to GTAO though.

Do you think it’s limited by the fact it’s set in that time period?

Dani: I think it's more of a personal thing really. GTAO was the first online game I played and there was all the excitement of joining the crew and meeting Jesse. It's not fair to compare other games to that. RDRO was just a bit too empty, I'm sure it will be great as they add more content.

Yeehaw to that!..........one final question, which is right?spacer.png

Dani: OVER 😂

Jesse: +1 on over!

Correct! Thank you for taking part Dani and Jesse. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿❤️🇳🇱

Our crew website domesticbatterygaming.com is quite active and is a great resource for GTAV and RDR2 gamers new and experienced, sign in and join the fun.

Cheers and good gaming.

For Questions or Comments about the XDBX Newsletter please contact: JustHatched, PB76 or Fido_le_muet.

For Inquiries regarding any aspect of the crew please contact the appropriate Staff Member.

nl25-2.pngnl25-3.pngnl25-4.png

• Like 8
  • Love 6

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

Schumi6581

Keep this going guys and girls. These Chronicles are really nice. Especially the interviews!

• Like 3

Beez

Loved the interview with XDBX prom king & queen Jesse and Dani. 

@Dodge, Ben Bostrom won an AMA Superbike championship without winning a single race so keep up the consistency.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

DavidCore89

Top notch interview!

Under is completely unacceptable.

Those frames are really cool, expensive though!

• Like 2

Six-times Jump Rope world champion // Three-times Tic-Tac-Toe runner-up // Two-times Hopscotch world champion // Two-times Wheelbarrow Race world champion // One-time Marco Polo runner-up // One-time Musical Chairs European champion.

Owner of a 25-metre swimming badge.

"Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"  - Gilles Villeneuve.