djw180

gta Crew challenge 186 - Death Streaker

djw180
Posted (edited)

Crew challenge 186 - Death Streaker

This is a solo combat challenge. Who can get the longest kill streak in a death match? Full rules below but basically do a R* or R* verified (T)DM with at least 3 other players for no more than 10 minutes, forced or forced & pickups. Save a video to show your longest kill streak. 

• any R* or R* verified death match
  • winner is who ever gets the longest kill streak
    • tie break is most kills
    • 2nd tie break highest K/D ratio
  • forced or forced & pickups only
    • no using vehicles, hand held weapons only
    • no restrictions on weapons other than these
  • no restrictions on worn equipment
  • no restrictions on losing perks
  • can be DM or TDM
  • must be at least 4 players taking part, including your self
    • that means 3 others there for the whole match
    • this is just to try an minimise the chances of getting a big kill streak against massively inferior players
  • time limit no more than 10 minutes
  • no repeatedly killing obviously AFK players
    • if you kill someone who is stationary, that's fine once, but don't kill them again if they still do not move when they respawn (if you kill an AFK player accidently we can just deduct that from your kill streak)
  • You must join a match in a way that shows the settings are forced or forced & pickups and the time limit. So you can't do this by going on call. The best way is probably quick-joining from the jobs menu, that will put you in the pre-match lobby and you can drop out if the settings are wrong.
  • you must save and upload a video of entire (T)DM
    • your video should include the last couple of seconds of the lobby screen, showing the settings and include the final screen showing scores (incase needed for tie break) & how many players were there till the end
    • we do need to have videos for this just so we can all check everyone's best kill streak, check for any AKF players, etc

starts now

ends 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) 11th June

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

SINISTER120

Taking bets on the winner. Pete vs Con. 

Will there be a third place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

pete2581
3 hours ago, SINISTER120 said:

Taking bets on the winner. Pete vs Con. 

Will there be a third place?

I will bet on Con!

Oh yeah, and I am in.

• Like 2

new.gif

Con

I will bet on Pete. So i'm in. 

• Haha 1

pete2581
1 hour ago, Con said:

I will bet on Pete. So i'm in. 

Well not a great start.  Got in two qualified deathmatches this morning and couldn't get a streak past three.  Didn't help that I had an 0-14 and 2-13 teammate in each job. 

Looking forward to trying some more.

new.gif

Con
3 minutes ago, pete2581 said:

Well not a great start.  Got in two qualified deathmatches this morning and couldn't get a streak past three.  Didn't help that I had an 0-14 and 2-13 teammate in each job. 

Looking forward to trying some more.

Are we using BPH's? 

djw180
48 minutes ago, Con said:

Are we using BPH's? 

Yes if like. I will be. We can't stop randoms using them so we may as well allow them.

• Like 2

pete2581
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Yes if like. I will be. We can't stop randoms using them so we may as well allow them.

Would same go for losing streak off radar blip/glitch?  I had not thought of that because we as a crew don't abuse it.  But when I play with randoms I sometimes do because they all do.

And one thing I thought of that could maybe be added to the rules.  No kills with a plane or jet?  One way someone could get a good streak is grab a jet at the beginning of the First Base TDM and stay in the air for 10 mins and go 20-0.  Technically nothing wrong with that but it seems like it kind of defeats the spirit of this challenge.

Edited by pete2581

new.gif

djw180
4 minutes ago, pete2581 said:

Would same go for losing streak off radar blip/glitch?  I had not thought of that because we as a crew don't abuse it.  But when I play with randoms I sometimes do because they all do.

And one thing I thought of that could maybe be added to the rules.  No kills with a plane or jet?  One way someone could get a good streak is grab a jet at the beginning of the First Base TDM and stay in the air for 10 mins and go 20-0.  Technically nothing wrong with that but it seems like it kind of defeats the spirit of this challenge.

Yes I think we have to allow any losing perk.

I hadn't thought about using jets. That map had slipped my mind. So I think yes, we ban all vehicles. Hand held weapons only.

• Like 2

djw180

Added to the rules in the OP

• no using vehicles, hand held weapons only
  • no restrictions on worn equipment
  • no restrictions on losing perks

@pete2581 @Con anyone else having a go?

• Like 1

Con

The DM cant be more than 10 minutes....how about DMs that are just kill count to say 25? Does it have to be a 10 min match?

pete2581
21 hours ago, Con said:

The DM cant be more than 10 minutes....how about DMs that are just kill count to say 25? Does it have to be a 10 min match?

I am pretty sure as long as it does not take longer than 10 mins it would be okay.

• Like 1

new.gif

pete2581
Posted (edited)

Best so far is a streak of 8.  Streak starts 5:47 into the video after I die and have 4 kills and I don't die again until I have 12.  There is a guy who was AFK for at least part of this job but I don't kill him when he is.

Edited by pete2581
  • Like 1

new.gif

Pb76

I tried for an hour or so today....joining, then leaving, R* jobs where the host insists on owned weapons. Hosting was just as unsuccessful, so my best so far is zero (no video sorry). Will try again later.

pete2581
Just now, Pb76 said:

I tried for an hour or so today....joining, then leaving, R* jobs where the host insists on owned weapons. Hosting was just as unsuccessful, so my best so far is zero (no video sorry). Will try again later.

I have had the same trouble you and Con had.  I had five straight that I joined be owned weapons.  Then found a great one with forced but 15 mins 🤬

But If you are persistent you will find some.  Hosting may be the best option.  But sometimes can take a while to get randoms to join.  Once they do though and you select the next DM from the voting screen and remain host you will get people joining faster.

new.gif

djw180
22 hours ago, Con said:

39 minutes ago, pete2581 said:

I am pretty sure as long as it does not take longer than 10 mins it would be okay.

Yes, so long as it's a 10, or shorter, minute match what the kill count is doesn't matter.

I managed a kill streak of 3 in my only succesfull attempt. 5 or 6 trired before that were 20 minutes or owned weapons. Tried hosting myself and no one else joined.

Thinking back to when we've done DM challenges before I think there are certain one you are more likely to get people joining than others. Aren't Shotgun Wedding and Bioloab quite popular? There's one at the NOOSE base outside of the city, where you can get onto the roof, I don't remember the name, I think is popular as well.

• Like 2

pete2581
50 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Yes, so long as it's a 10, or shorter, minute match what the kill count is doesn't matter.

I managed a kill streak of 3 in my only succesfull attempt. 5 or 6 trired before that were 20 minutes or owned weapons. Tried hosting myself and no one else joined.

Thinking back to when we've done DM challenges before I think there are certain one you are more likely to get people joining than others. Aren't Shotgun Wedding and Bioloab quite popular? There's one at the NOOSE base outside of the city, where you can get onto the roof, I don't remember the name, I think is popular as well.

Biolab is popular but requires 6 or 8 players so can take a while to fill the lobby.

Shotgun wedding is the best for me in getting randoms.  Also Trailer Park is good.

• Like 1

new.gif

Pb76

Tried shotgun wedding, but only one random joined. I was playing at a time when not many people are about though. 

Con

@pete2581 you have me by one so far cause this is my longest so far.

• Like 2

pete2581
5 minutes ago, Con said:

@pete2581 you have me by one so far cause this is my longest so far.

Damn target score! :)

• Haha 1

new.gif

RammsteinDUDE
On 6/3/2019 at 6:47 PM, Pb76 said:

I tried this a few days ago, finding a good session is even harder than actually getting a good kill-streak. 

djw180

I'm not sure this helps but could be worth a try. We know from job-hopping hosting races that you hardly ever get randoms to join the first but they usually do the second. So maybe this would work. Do a race or parachute, something short and that you can do solo. Then from the next-job screen there should usually be a death match. Choose that and see if you get better luck randoms joining,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

pete2581
6 hours ago, djw180 said:

3 1/2 days to go @pete2581 @Con @Pb76 @RammsteinDUDE & anyone else having a go

I’m playing in one or two that qualifies each day. Still 8 is my best streak. I had one of 14 in a 2v2 TDM but one guy left before it finished so I don’t think it qualifies. Probably good thing anyway. One guy was just driving around in a car giving easy kills. Same ease as AFK kills. Might not have submitted it anyway. Would have felt bad winning that way. 

Maybe @omarcomin71 can put at least one Rockstar deathmatch in Two Bros today to give everyone an opportunity for a streak in s full lobby

• Like 1

new.gif

omarcomin71
24 minutes ago, pete2581 said:

I’m playing in one or two that qualifies each day. Still 8 is my best streak. I had one of 14 in a 2v2 TDM but one guy left before it finished so I don’t think it qualifies. Probably good thing anyway. One guy was just driving around in a car giving easy kills. Same ease as AFK kills. Might not have submitted it anyway. Would have felt bad winning that way. 

Maybe @omarcomin71 can put at least one Rockstar deathmatch in Two Bros today to give everyone an opportunity for a streak in s full lobby

Added a R* TDM to today’s Two Bros PL. 

• Like 2

"The Game is out there. And it's either play or get played"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkBRYq2UbHE

djw180

This is probably going to be my best. Kill streak of 5 from around 7:20 to 8:40.

• Like 1

djw180

That's in then. Challenge over. Please post your videos ASAP.

pete2581
Posted (edited)

Literally finished a TDM right before the hour on a break from work and got 7.  Thought I could improve on my 8 but could not.

This is tougher than I thought it would be.  I thought double digits against randoms would be easy.  But not so much.  Never have I been so frustrated to win TDMs by going 16-6 or 23-8 lol.  Was fun though.  Thanks for some combat for us shooting junkies @djw180

Edited by pete2581
  • Like 1

new.gif

Pb76

I only managed 2, with a video that was too short anyway. 😬

• Ok 1