JustHatched

Old Married Gamers (podcast)

JustHatched

@Dodge and I have started a new project, a podcast called Old Married Gamers.

The first episode was a learning curve with audio editing and the whole thing will get better as tie goes on, but the first one come out pretty decent we think, check it out

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

punkbish85

Better keep this going!!! 😂😂🤣🤣😂😂🤣😅😅

• Like 1

pete2581

Oh my!

new.gif

Beez

I use an app called Overcast for podcast subscriptions. Is it possible to make this one and @punkbish85 s podcast available on that app? Not sure how it works but I searched on the Overcast app and it did not find Old Married Gamers. 

Dodge
38 minutes ago, Beez said:

I use an app called Overcast for podcast subscriptions. Is it possible to make this one and @punkbish85 s podcast available on that app? Not sure how it works but I searched on the Overcast app and it did not find Old Married Gamers. 

Overcast help page. 

Inclusion in Overcast

There’s no separate submission process to be included in Overcast. Simply submit your podcast to Apple Podcasts, and it will typically show up in Overcast’s search within 1–2 days.

Overcast listeners can always subscribe to any public podcast feed by entering its URL as well, but URLs not known to be in Apple Podcasts won’t be included in search or recommendations.

• Thanks 1

JustHatched
39 minutes ago, Dodge said:

Overcast help page. 

Inclusion in Overcast

There’s no separate submission process to be included in Overcast. Simply submit your podcast to Apple Podcasts, and it will typically show up in Overcast’s search within 1–2 days.

Overcast listeners can always subscribe to any public podcast feed by entering its URL as well, but URLs not known to be in Apple Podcasts won’t be included in search or recommendations.

Itll be in Apple, I havent set up to feed there yet 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

Beez

I could not get the podcast into the Overcast app. The URL that embeds it here  must have some extra stuff in it so the app doesn’t recognize it as a podcast and the browser on my phone has such crappy editing that I can’t trim it. Not your problem though. 

I listened to it last night and thought it was good. Nice to hear you guys yapping about all that stuff. Good first effort. I’m sure it will only get better. 

History of XDBX might be a good future topic. 

• Like 1

JustHatched

@Beez, it has been submitted to Apple for review. It may be a week or so before it is approved. Also been submitted to Stitch and Spotify

The next episode should be better, @Dodge and I haven't had a chance to discuss yet but the learning curve was pretty good for the first one with audio editing. Plus I have a mic for this now so I won't need to try to speak louder which is really apparent in the first episode.

• Like 1

default_swhatever7.gif

pete2581

Finally listening and two mins in I hear my name mentioned as an Old Married Gamer.  I am not Old!  That is for you guys and @Con :)

• Like 2

new.gif

pete2581

Finished it up and I did enjoy it.  Listened to it while I worked at my desk.  Would listen again.

new.gif

Con
52 minutes ago, pete2581 said:

Finally listening and two mins in I hear my name mentioned as an Old Married Gamer.  I am not Old!  That is for you guys and @Con :)

Oh no you arent getting outta this one...just cause your membership card hasnt arrived in the mail doesnt mean you arent part of the whipped cream club.

Animated GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pb76
Posted (edited)

OMG!! Old Married Gamers 😂 

what I imagined as I listened.........

spacer.png

Edited by Pb76
  • Haha 7
  • F-U 2

JustHatched

New episode is out, it is much better than the first and you will want to listen to it all. Just scroll up to the OP and click OMG #2

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

default_swhatever7.gif

JustHatched
On 5/7/2019 at 11:47 AM, Beez said:

Is it available on Overcast now?

default_swhatever7.gif

Beez

@JustHatched it is! I will listen to OMG#2 at 4am tomorrow while I bake bread.

Pb76

Enjoyed episode 2. Would love to hear you debate why country life is better than city life and vice versa, or review/debate each other’s favourite things (movies, songs, cars etc)

• Like 1

JustHatched

Episode 3 is out

• Like 2

default_swhatever7.gif

LimeGreenLegend

Great episode.  Can't wait to hear @pete2581next week.

If you ever want me to be a guest, I ain't married, and I ain't that old, but I'll still do it :D 

• Like 2

LimeGreenLegend.png

JustHatched
7 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Great episode.  Can't wait to hear @pete2581next week.

If you ever want me to be a guest, I ain't married, and I ain't that old, but I'll still do it :D 

Cool. I/we are putting together a list of folks we would like to have on. You are on the list..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

default_swhatever7.gif

JustHatched
On 5/19/2019 at 1:08 PM, Pb76 said:

Enjoyed episode 2. Would love to hear you debate why country life is better than city life and vice versa, or review/debate each other’s favourite things (movies, songs, cars etc)

Thanks, the idea of review/debate we are going to use as a reoccuring segment to be rotated with the Off the Cuff and FFS segments. Good idea

Episode 4 should be a good one, @pete2581 is going to be a guest plus it should feature some improvements with the audio.

• Like 2

default_swhatever7.gif

Pb76

Can’t wait for ‘City Slickers 3: Dodge wrangles alpacas’spacer.png

• Haha 2