JustHatched

XDBX Chronicle #71

JustHatched

n125-1.png-The XDBX Chronicle #71-n125-1.png

Your source for all things Domestic Battery written by PB76, Fido_le_muet and JustHatched

XDBX Social Media - Social Club - Facebook - Twitter - Youtube - Podcast - RSCnet

nlimage1.png<<------------------------XDBX------------------------>>nlimage1.png

"The News In Ten" - (by PB76)

1. Crew challenge 182 was won by @II-Manny-Il and @djw180 with a combined time of 3:34.337. Less than a second separated the next three teams, but  it was @Schumi6581 and @DavidCore89 who edged it with a time of 3:37.139, @Unvbomber and @The_Lady_A were third with 3:37.338, @Crawford1872 and @Lann took fourth with 3:37.948 and @Spinnaker1981 and @Beez who took 3:46.712, finished 5th.

2. Crew challenge 183 - Domestic Decathlon finished today......This crew challenge was a point to point race split into 10 sections, with each section having a different mode of transport. This is a slight departure from the usual time trial and......

3.....@djw180 is looking for other similar courses as well as Ideas for crew challenges that are original and unique, there are a few ideas in the pipeline that need discussing and fine tuning, all suggestions are welcome.

4. Meanwhile......@Dodge has updated Scouring the projects HD for no particular reason, other than a forthcoming SCOURING THE PROJECTS CREW CHALLENGE!!!! When the dust settles, who will sit on the projects throne? #scouringiscoming

5. Sunday Racing League returns this weekend! Round one will be ran in sports classics....spacer.pngPlease, please, please let the winner be in a Rune Cheburek with cardboard bodykit.🤞🏻

6. The XDBX Film club have watched Aliens, James Cameron's sequel to Ridley Scott's classic horror film, @punkbish85 watched and posted a review for Alien, Ridley Scott’s classic horror film. Nominate now for May’s genre.

7. The best cars by class topic needs updating and the discussion is ongoing, what are you experiences and opinions on the newer vehicles? How do they compare to other top cars in their respective class? Unfortunately.........

8........@Protocawl is unable to update it in the next couple of weeks as he is away on military exercises (push-ups?), sadly @Beez is also taking a couple of weeks off competitive gaming to recover from an arm injury. Also missing is @Spinnaker1981 See you soon guys.

9. Unfortunately it was a loss in our most recent crew head to head, a mixed playlist  against Santa Muerte gang (STMT), they are a good crew who were slightly better prepared than us on the day. We now move on to the h2h against The Van Society (VANS).

10. And finally........It was Easter and the @Dodge family decorated some eggs to make them into XDBX eggs, then put the XDBX eggs into an XDBX egg box and threw them all at an Xbox.

not really, but they did do this................spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pnggreat work guys 🥚 🐣🥚🐣🥚🐣 

nlimage1.png<<------------------------XDBX------------------------>>nlimage1.png

(Featured Snapmatic by DJW180)

0_0.jpg?downsize=888:*&output-quality=80

"XDBX Member Report"

- Unvetted Members looking to join Domestic Battery - (Be Sure to Note them is you game with them)

None at this time,

- Congratulations to the following members on becoming Vetted Members of the crew.

Unvbomber

"XDBX Events Schedule"

Monday Motor Mayhem, Mischief, and Merriment (M5)  hosted by Crawford and The Lady A on Mondays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO.

Whacked Out Wednesdays hosted by DJW180 on Wednesdays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO and RDRO.

Thursday Night Thunder hosted by Dodge on Fridays at 3:30AM UTC for GTAO.

Brokeback Fridays hosted by LimeGreenLegend on Fridays at 9:00PM UTC for RDRO.

Gfred hosted by Potato on every 2nd Friday at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO.

-Flashback Friday hosted by Unvbomber on the opposite Fridays's as Gfred  at 7:00PM UTC for GTAO

2Bros hosted by Omar and Pete on Saturdays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO and RDRO. 

Gunslinger Saturdays hosted by JustHatched on Sundays at 3:30AM UTC for RDRO.

- XDBX vs VANS presented by JustHatched on May 1st at 7:30PM UTC for GTAO.

**RSVP Reminder:

** RSVP'ing for an event is very important so that the event host is aware of how many people plan to attend so that they can make the event tailored to the projected lobby size. So if you plan to attend and event please RSVP. Likewise, if you have done so and something comes up and you can not attend please un-RSVP so the host is not expecting you to be there.

**To RSVP simply check the calendar for any event that you would like to attend, click on the event and there will be an 'Going' button on the right hand side. To visit the discussion thread for the event you clicked on, scroll down and click "View Discussion Topic"

If you have any queries regarding this feel free to ask any Staff Member.

"PB's DB OG's" -  (by PB76)

Welcome to PB’s DB OGs.....where we probe some of the crew’s earliest members.......Some say this crew member creates his own petrol by crushing dead organisms with his bare hands, and that he invented shoes.....all we know is he’s.........

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 DavidCore89🏁

Let’s begin with an easy one..........What is the origin of your username?

It's a name that I originally used as a UK Hardcore DJ from 2010 until around 2013/14.

I used to have weekly residency slots on several online radio shows, gained event bookings in southern England and had started to establish myself as an 'up and comer' before deciding that earning money rather than spending it had to take priority.

I feel as though that career path isn't completely dead in the water 

Sounds like there’s something in the pipeline?

Maybe towards the end of the year.

You heard it here first folks.......So other than music, how else do you spend your spare time?

Gaming!

Actually, it's mostly work 

I have an eBay store selling video games and accessories, so that keeps me busy.

So Video games are a huge part of your life. What are some of your earliest gaming memories?

When I was about 4 or 5, one of my sisters had a Commodore 64 for her birthday, I think the first game I ever played was Paperboy on that. I have some great memories of that game and the C64

spacer.png

What about the first home computer or game console you owned yourself?

It was a Sega Master System II and I had it quite a few years after release, maybe '95.

At the time it was a big deal as I grew up in a poor area, most of my friends still had the original Master System or NES, if they were lucky!

I've still got a Master System II and some games, although not the same one.

Were you loyal to Sega after that?

Yeah, well kind of 

After the Master System II, I jumped ship to the SNES which was a much more popular console at the time, with more games available. All of my friends had a SNES, so borrowing games was easy and pretty cool.

I went on to own both Mega Drives, Saturn and the Dreamcast. They were all great consoles in their day.

I also owned an N64 and Gamecube. So basically I've had the best of both.

Since '97 I've stuck with PlayStation and I don't think I'd ever move to something else.

Ahh the SNES, what were some of your favourite games for that?

Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country were amazing!

Best colour of Yoshi?

Definitely green

!spacer.png

Good choice. So you’re from Wales, are you a proud Welshman?

Very much so!

I love my country, although I'm a bit disappointed that I never learned the language.spacer.png

What are the best things about being welsh?

The best thing about being Welsh is probably how patriotic the people are.

We're a small country with a big heart. Together stronger!

Other good things include our glorious coastlines and beaches and the availability of our world-famous Welsh lamb and beef.

Defeating England at any sport also makes being Welsh particularly nice 😁

The Welsh flag is pretty awesome too.........what sports are you in to?

Football and boxing.

I'll watch as much of that as possible.

Big fan of the Olympics as well. Getting to see sports that I normally wouldn't is quite interesting.

Who’s your team?

Swansea City.

Went to my first game in 2000 aged 11 when we were in the 4th division. I was instantly hooked by the atmosphere, singing and chanting. From then on I would attend every home game and most of the away games with the older dudes.

Looking back, it's not really a place for 11 year old kids. I'd have to lie to my mother as she didn't like me going to away games, but I absolutely loved it!

I don't go to any games now the club is owned by an American hedge fund trying to asset-strip the club.spacer.png

Do you still keep an eye on their results? How’re they doing this season?

Yeah I still keep an eye on them.

This season has been abysmal, we're basically playing with last season's under 23 squad after getting rid of the high earners in the first team following relegation from the Premier League 😩

Boxing....who have been your favourites? Have you ever boxed?

Was a big Joe Calzaghe fan. Joe is a legend in Wales, everyone watched him.

Now I enjoy watching Dillian Whyte and Josh Taylor. Both British fighters.

I've done some white collar boxing in the past without any training. Since then I have got my amateur licence and started to train twice a week, but haven't had any amateur fights yet.

Which other XDBX member would you least like to fight?

JustHatched.

He looks like he's settled a few bar fights in his time 😃

What has been your proudest moment as a crew member?

Probably beating DDNL in a crew battle.

They are one of the best all-round crews in the world, we put in one hell of a team performance to get the win.

Do you still play GTAO much these days?

I've done a couple of crew challenges and 1 playlist since October.

I used to play every day, but I rarely have the time or willpower to stay awake until stupid o'clock now that I'm the wrong side of 30 😐

It's still a great game though, and I do miss the crew playlists, so I'll try to jump on when I can.

Which games do you focus on now?

Nothing since finishing RDR2.

I've had a lot of things change in my life during the last year, had to grow up and stop living my life like a child, so gaming has taken a back seat while I make up for lost time.

I do still buy new and upcoming games, but I can't find the motivation to play. 

Gaming was always a place to escape reality, I guess it is for others too. However, reality soon told me that there are more important things to focus on.

Actually, I do play a bit of Football Manager 19, so I guess it isn't all doom and gloom 😃

It would be a shame to see you give up gaming altogether. If you did, would the console end up on your eBay shop?

I don't think I could ever part with my PlayStation or give up gaming completely.

Have you ever sold something on eBay and felt guilty that some idiot has paid too much for it?

I once sold a complete Batman Forever The Arcade Game on PS1 for around £220.

Collectors say it's quite rare, but that's a lot of money for a PS1 game.

It still had a £19.99 sticker on the case 😃

Wow! Anything you regret buying?

Loads, but one thing in particular stands out.

I bought an ab toner a few years ago and had an electric shock the second I turned it on 🤪

Didn't fancy giving it another go.

What were the last 3 things you googled?

PS5.

HSBC.

Swansea Classic Car Show.

When is the Swansea classic car show?

If the weather is decent I'll go for a look around.

I'd love to have a classic car to show.

Maybe one day.

Bit short notice for a XDBX euro meet-up. What classic car would you like to own?

I'd really like a VW Beetle in black.

There's something bad-ass about those.

Nice choice. One final question..........You find a portal to the past and have an opportunity to prevent the assassination of JFK, how would you do it? Oh, the portal also transforms you into a domestic cat.

I'd replace Lee Oswald's bullets with catnip and do a big turd on his pillow 

You know, that might actually work 😂

Thanks DC, that concludes the interview, do you have anything to add?

I've enjoyed the Q&A just as much as I enjoy reading each issue of the XDBX Chronicle.

Being gamers, it can be easy to forget that there's a real person behind our GTAO and RDRO characters, but that doesn't happen in this crew. We treat one another with a level of respect that most wouldn't associate with an online gaming community. I think our success and longevity stems from that. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, we all share a common interest.

I've been here over 5 years, become 'part of the furniture' and I've met people who I would consider friends for life, and for that I salute you all!

Here's to another 5 years.

leonardo dicaprio GIF

(Featured Snapmatic by KernalHogan)

8I0txVX2FEC_8aGRhBnMEw_0_0.jpg?downsize=

"Closing Contemplation's" -  (by JustHatched)

Spring is here, RDRO is still a "Beta" and GTAO is the same ol same ol. This time of year means less game time for me (and net time as a whole) and I'm not to bothered with that this year because GTA is more routine now and RDR is the same (though I do plan to put in some time with it soon). I guess many of us will lock ourselves into other games for a bit off and on to fill the void, for me it's Ace Combat 7 and I have been thinking of dusting off the Star Trek Online fleet. I suppose if your are doing something non GTA/RDR and there is a crew member or 2 to hook up with in whatever game then please do so, let's keep the gaming side of the community as strong as ever.

(Featured Video by Smurf)

Our crew website domesticbatterygaming.com is quite active and is a great resource for GTAV and RDR2 gamers new and experienced, sign in and join the fun.

Cheers and good gaming.

For Questions or Comments about the XDBX Newsletter please contact: JustHatched, PB76 or Fido_le_muet.

For Inquiries regarding any aspect of the crew please contact the appropriate Staff Member.

nl25-2.pngnl25-3.pngnl25-4.png

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

Danielle

I love reading these 😁 good interview with DC.

• Like 3

JustHatched

@DavidCore89 ( @Pb76 ) Great interview - if you do get an amateur fight be sure to post a video of it here, that is a must see event.

drama popcorn GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

Pb76
3 hours ago, Danielle said:

I love reading these 😁 good interview with DC.

2 hours ago, JustHatched said:

@DavidCore89 ( @Pb76 ) Great interview - if you do get an amateur fight be sure to post a video of it here, that is a must see event.

drama popcorn GIF

I love doing them, I never know which direction they’re gonna go. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Spinnaker1981

Great as usual! These are amazing to read! Thank you!

• Like 1

Dodge

Meanwhile......@Dodge has updated Scouring the projects HD for no particular reason, other than a forthcoming SCOURING THE PROJECTS CREW CHALLENGE!!!! When the dust settles, who will sit on the projects throne? #scouringiscoming

I'm not sure this newsworthy. But the update is real, and so is the forthcoming challenge. This sketchy, Dodgey, clusterfuck of a racetrack has become a staple of the crew. (Not sure how or why). In any event, this track has become, for me, synonymous with what XDBX is. Fun, challenging, and full of WTF moments! Come Get Some!

• Like 5

Beez

Has the Scouring Challenge ever been in a big, slow vehicle? Like the box van or Regina? Might be a different take. 

• Haha 1