FYI Ticker
JustHatched

RockstarSocialClub.Net

So there is now a sister site to XDBX at https://www.rockstarsocialclub.net and it runs the same software as our crew site and has some of the same features as our crew site. It also has a couple things not on our crew site for one reason or another.

This is not an XDBX centered site cuz we have everything we need here. What the intention is behind this is to give other crews a better platform for getting together than what is currently on the net. The new site can provide them with "mini websites" within that website rather than a few threads on other sites they can get whole forums to themselves in a "crew area". These crew areas are managed by each crew as they see fit.

It also provides a better platform for setting up crew battles (crew wars) should any choose to do them.

No one in XDBX is required to join there, it is of your own free will. If you want an alternative to interact with non XDBX players then I encourage you to join this new site to do that. It'll be something before there is any real growth, if you want to help out then join and post. Content will help attract new people to the site.

All that said there is no reason each of the 2 website can't benefit from each other. So, topics posted there will be auto fed into the forum, if something good pops up we can move it to the correct forum here for discussion. And at the moment topics posted here are being fed into our crew area over there. I don't want it to appear XDBX centered and possibly put off new sign ups so maybe later some of those auto topics will be moved out of the crew area onto the main forum.

Our crew area can be found HERE. If you do join that site visit the crew area and request membership (just in case I miss you signing up). If our crew site goes down for any long length of time this will be the best place for us to hook up (like when it was down for a week when we went from version 3 to version 4).

One major difference between the crew site and the new site is funding. XDBX has been on a donation basis for a long time and that works for us. Sometime I pay the bills, sometimes you lot do (and it is much appreciated), I have said many times this site is not for lining my pockets and I can assure you that if I ever snapped and tried to profit from this site it would take awhile to recoup what has been spent. The new site will have ads on it and you will see less of them as you post. Then there is also paid memberships (it is optional), everything is accessible without buying a membership (except for the chatbox which opens up at 500 posts without a paid membership) and has 100% ad removal. This is an effort to offset the costs and if I get something out of it then I do. I'm not hiding that fact. Some may be off put by it but how many gaming sites offer no ads, or chatboxes or pics in avatars under any circumstance? Very few...

That is 100% transparency of the new site

• Like 7

I moved this topic and updated the OP with real info rather than a rant about GTAF

Domestic Battery Gaming

Online communities, in particular video game communities, have a reputation for negative and abusive behavior which is not always undeserved. That isn't us, Domestic Battery takes pride in being a crew for people who are mature. This means being able to treat each other with a basic level of respect, being able to cooperate during events, and being able to have fun together. We are all from different backgrounds with different life experiences. What we have in common is that we enjoy playing Red Dead Redemption 2, Grand Theft Auto V and other games in a social environment which is healthy and rewarding.