FYI Ticker
Lann

planning Xdbx vs Vans - RC Racing

Date of Event:  Fairly soon if it happens

Time of Event in UTC: Likely a EU friendly time, maybe even mid week evening

Does Event Repeat: RC racing, 8 maps, likely contact no catchup (if even a thing)

If Event Repeats/How Often: no

Event Host: Lann

Amount of Players Allowed: 8 vs 8 if we get players

Special Rules for Event: Not sure yet

Description of Event: RC racing h2h if both crews  can get interest.

Any interest?

• Like 5

I’m interested.  I’d be able to attend if on a Sunday. 

• Like 3

Sounds like fun 😊

Wednesday would be best for VANS if we were looking to do Crew V Crew... 

Happy to do a Sunday, but we might be lower on numbers and it would be just a case of a few of us joining in.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Sure!! I’m in.

• Like 2

I’m in if I’m able to make the time work. 

• Like 2

@JuniorChubb so far everyone interested in playing is in a American timezone, that would make anything but the weekend near impossible to set up. We might need to drop the idea as I know weekend can be tricky for you guys, and limited in good slots for us too as least for the upcoming weekend.

I may be interested but I'm not sure about contact being on. I find these a lot harder to control than normal cars and some tracks have crossovers. I can see there being a lot of collisions.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

I'm there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

I may be interested but I'm not sure about contact being on. I find these a lot harder to control than normal cars and some tracks have crossovers. I can see there being a lot of collisions.

Yes, I agree they are twitchy to control, and hit a curb and you are sent flying. I think unlike regular racing, contact in RC will hurt you as much as the other car, if that is true we could go either:

1. since any contact is accidental we all do our best to race clean.

2. Or we set no rules and you may cut off or do whatever you want to win. I am pretty sure dirty racing in RC will hurt the dirty just as much as any victims.

Any thoughts on it? 

• Like 1

Personally up to 8 players I would go contact, 16 players would benefit from non contact imo.

Unless you want to go for ‘anything goes’ 😉

Edited by JuniorChubb

This could be fun, hope we can make it work. Done some non and contact racing in these so would say it depends how silly you want it to be. Far more chaotic feeling with contact :)

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, Lann said:

Yes, I agree they are twitchy to control, and hit a curb and you are sent flying. I think unlike regular racing, contact in RC will hurt you as much as the other car, if that is true we could go either:

1. since any contact is accidental we all do our best to race clean.

2. Or we set no rules and you may cut off or do whatever you want to win. I am pretty sure dirty racing in RC will hurt the dirty just as much as any victims.

Any thoughts on it? 

I'll put one or two in WoW tomorrow and see how it goes with contact trying to race clean.

• Like 2