FYI Ticker
JustHatched

XDBX Chronicle #66

n125-1.png-The XDBX Chronicle #66-n125-1.png

Your source for all things Domestic Battery written by PB76, Fido_le_muet and JustHatched

XDBX Social Media - Social Club (RSC) - Facebook - Twitter - Youtube

nlimage1.png<<------------------------XDBX------------------------>>nlimage1.png

"The News In Ten" - (by PB76)

1. The Crew celebrated it’s 5th birthday over the weekend with a variety of playlists and events, a massive thank you to all the organizers and hosts. Also, well done to all involved in the impressive h2h win against 187x.

2. @Fido_le_muet pulled his finger out and updated the crew challenge Hall of fame, currently topping the all-time leaderboard after week 175 is @Banketelli, @Fido_le_muet sits in 2nd place and @Lann makes up an all-European podium. @omarcomin71 is currently the only NA member in the top 10. 

3. Also due an update is the Member map (c’mon Fido) which shows just how diverse the crew is. Hidden away at the bottom of the post is this little riddle, does anyone know the answer?

4. @nkaujrog, our current crew member of the month also has an awesome Podcast, the first episode is all about the crew, I’m hoping the next one is about neuroconstructivism in the evolution of interactions in plankton organisms colonies, or peanut butter.

5. Check out the Homepage snapmatic contest, you could end up with your snapmatic featured on the front page of the website. There’s 3 categories, just make sure your photos aren’t too dark or they’ll be difficult to see on the mobile version of the site. 

6. With the ability to Change Psn ID coming soon, It seems that most of the crew will be happy to keep their ID the same, especially @LimeGreenLegend, because who wouldn’t be happy to be LimeGreenLegend.

7. @ErnYoung gave us some helpful Hunting tips for RDRO. Hunting is a great way to make money, look out for deer’s balls, they’re just under a buck...

8. Advice of the week came from @Con........when asked by @djw180 for recommendations whilst on his Caribbean  cruise, he suggested “Don’t fall out the boat” 

9. @Con also shared this brilliant little clip...

10. Finally........Ever wondered what @Dodge smells of? According to @JustHatched, it’s city (I think that’s what he said anyway, see interview below)

nlimage1.png<<------------------------XDBX------------------------>>nlimage1.png

(Featured Snapmatic by Lann)

YcQzZFn72kicMfvgJCF_yQ_0_0.jpg

"XDBX Member Report"

- Unvetted Members looking to join Domestic Battery - (Be Sure to Note them is you game with them)

Alcohonez - John Waymon

- Congratulations to the following members on becoming Vetted Members of the crew.

Manny_AKA_Yolo - BlackRabbit - Aggaran - Ebon - NickStix  - P33t0

"XDBX Events Schedule"

Monday Motor Mayhem, Mischief, and Merriment (M5)  hosted by Crawford and The Lady A on Mondays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO.

Whacked Out Wednesdays hosted by DJW180 on Wednesdays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO and RDRO.

Thursday Night Thunder hosted by Dodge on Fridays at 3:30AM UTC for GTAO.

Brokeback Fridays hosted by LimeGreenLegend on Fridays at 9:00PM UTC for RDRO.

Gfred hosted by Potato on every 2nd Friday at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO.

2Bros hosted by Omar and Pete on Saturdays at 9:00PM UTC for GTAO and RDRO. 

Gunslinger Saturdays hosted by JustHatched on Sundays at 3:30AM UTC for RDRO.

- Current Crew Challenge #177 presented by DJW180 ends February 4th.

**RSVP Reminder:

** RSVP'ing for an event is very important so that the event host is aware of how many people plan to attend so that they can make the event tailored to the projected lobby size. So if you plan to attend and event please RSVP. Likewise, if you have done so and something comes up and you can not attend please un-RSVP so the host is not expecting you to be there.

**To RSVP simply check the calendar for any event that you would like to attend, click on the event and there will be an 'Going' button on the right hand side. To visit the discussion thread for the event you clicked on, scroll down and click "View Discussion Topic"

If you have any queries regarding this feel free to ask any Staff Member.

"PB's DB OG's" -  (by PB76)

Welcome to PB’s DB OGs.....where we probe some of the crew’s earliest members. First up, the OG of OGs, crew founder and leader, JustHatched.....

Firstly, what is it like running Domestic Battery?

Good lord PB, don't even warm up with an easy one huh? I try to treat it like running a business, keeping personal feelings out of the decision making process as much as I can. It can be read in many places online about gaming clans being ruined by the leadership making decisions based on friendship and in the earliest days I decided that's not what I wanted here. What's best for the crew supersedes my own personal feelings. Running the crew on a day to day basis is pretty easy for the most part, we've long ago gotten past the squabbles between crew members that happened alot and the growing pains are for the most part behind us (thank god). We've got a solid staff team who all does well at their roles which makes the detail stuff heaps easier, it gives me the chance to keep the website running smooth. 

The first couple years were a son of a bitch, constant bickering among members, trying to figure out what would work and what wouldn't. My PM box was being hit daily with dozen of PM's about this or that and it was very difficult, I got burned out to the point that I wished I had never started this crew, so much so I had to step back and leave the crew for a bit. Dodge got throwed into being the leader then, he didn't really want to but I really didn't give him a choice. He is really the reason the crew survived my burned out era, I use to call him once in a while and would just bitch at him about stuff going on, he would get me calmed down and back on track. Everyone on staff played their role, Zmurko done a great job in keeping the site in order, but it was Dodge that kept me from deleting it all.

Now that we are past that and I have a new outlook, new goals for the crew and I am a little older and calmer now things are looking good, I am sorry for the way things about happened back then. 

So short answer is, running the crew has its ups and downs and challenges, but I/we always have managed to get it done one way or another.

Had you known 5 years ago what you know now, would you have still taken it on?

Yeah probably, but if I could know then what I know now things would be a bit different. Mainly in being able to recognize the issues before they blowed way out of proportion. I guess don't really have a huge comment for this question as there's no way I wouldn't do it again, I've made too many friends here, I don't have many IRL friends and I don't have a massive social life IRL so XDBX fills that gap in a huge way.  Without the crew I wouldn't have met my 2 IRL best friends in Dodge and SSRacing, plus Jesse wouldn't have met Danielle, and that would have been a shame.

So many good things have come from being in this crew for a lot of people........of your two best friends, who is your favourite? Dodge or SSRacing?

Can't really choose between the 2, I talk to Dodge alot more than SS due to SS not being on his PS4 much these days. But I think SS and I have a bit more in common, he comes from crapnowhereville Indiana and I come from crapnowhereville Illinois so we have alot of the same tastes. Dodge has that city smell on him so much that even my kids notice the city stink on him (he'll now what I mean by that). We all text quite a bit and see each other once or twice a year. Our wives all get along well so that helps, when we first met I was a scared to meet their wives, figured I was setting myself up for a hanging given the amount of time they were spending doing crew stuff. Rose gets on with both of them well, she thinks all three of us have mental issues though. If anything I figure I am the 3rd wheel of the group, those 2 have been friends since high school.IfGpEdY.jpg

I wasn’t expecting an answer to that, how long have you been a gamer? 

Short answer is 30+ years, but I wouldn't consider me a gamer till the PS3 came out with the ease of online gaming. I grew up with Atari 2600 and 8-bit Nintendo and many consoles between then and now. Had the original Xbox for a week, hated it and sold it.

How different things would have been if you had kept the egg box, so other than gaming, how do you spend your spare time?

My spare time is spent doing things with/for the wife and kids. 5 kids ages 16,15,13,13 and 11 add up to alot of school functions and teenage crap. Plus being the wife's mule I got plenty to do. My fun spare time for me is either working on or flying RC airplanes or fooling with my truck. Gonna start a total rebuild/restoration of our 2001 GMC Yukon this year so that will keep me busy for a bit. I belong to an airplane club and a couple car clubs that I'm not real active in but it's there if I want to be.72mqS8a.jpg

How did you get into RC planes? Have you ever wanted to learn to fly full size aircraft?

I've always loved airplanes and aviation, there is an RC plane club close to me and when I was a kid I use to watch them fly alot. I always figured it was a rich man's hobby so I never really looked into it until a few years ago when I acquired a small P51 electric, I didn't do well at flying it so I started going to the clubs around the area and learned to fly and also learned where and how to get good deals on used planes. There is a pic posted recently of me with one of my large green planes, I actually have 4 of those exact planes, new they are expensive, I got all 4 for the price of 1. It's like anything else, it's as expensive as you want it to be.

I would love to have a pilots license, and I have thought about doing that and in hind sight I would have 20 years ago if I could. Problem is if I had the license I would have to have my own plane and I can't afford that. I wanted to fly F16's for the airforce when I got out of school, but other habits (girls, gettin stoned, etc...) got in the way of my thinking. 
13700105_1320829994612490_40399784760185

I guess RC planes are the next best thing to full size....that and GTA. You held a GTA online world record once, right?

Yeah, on 2 different air races. In the Wings was the last one till Jesse took it over, I couldn't ever beat his time on that.

Hey, second best pilot in the crew is still good, what would be your dream car to own?

A 1979/80 Chevy Monza 2+2. Most folks who know what they are would likely roll their eyes at. It is essentially the Chevy version of a Ford Pinto and built with about the same quality. I have always wanted one, the 2+2's had factory V8 in them. They are quite rare in stock form (many modified into drag cars). Finding one is hard enough, finding one that isn't a total wreck with rust is especially hard. Parts are almost non existent but I will have one someday.chevy-monza(14).ashx?modified=2018041018

Have you always been a Chevy guy?

Always!

I think that’s a nice way to end this, unless you want to add anything?

Dodge is an Asshat....the end

Couldn’t have put it better myself

(Featured Snapmatic by Nkaujrog)

10pzjgn.jpg

"Closing Contemplation's" -  (by JustHatched)

We've just finished up the 5th year of XDBX, I want to thank everyone who hosted an event and/or took part in an event. Thank you Lann for organizing the whole thing, if you hadn't we might have had to have Dodge do it and that would have been quite the shite show.... Hopefully next year we can have an RDR centered anniversary with a few GTA events. I'm sure (hopeful) that Rockstar will eventually get this Beta thing over and get RDR in shape so we can have crew activities. If not I'm sure we can all dust of our GTA discs and put something together, find new ways to do old stuff once again which we are so good at anyways.

(Featured Video by Con)

Our crew website domesticbatterygaming.com is quite active and is a great resource for GTAV and RDR2 gamers new and experienced, sign in and join the fun.

Cheers and good gaming.

For Questions or Comments about the XDBX Newsletter please contact: JustHatched, PB76 or Fido_le_muet.

For Inquiries regarding any aspect of the crew please contact the appropriate Staff Member.

nl25-2.pngnl25-3.pngnl25-4.png

• Like 7
  • Love 3