News Ticker
  • XDBX vs STNC Dirty Hotring Racing H2H, CLICK HERE for details!!
  • XDBX vs 187X Combat H2H, Click Here for details!!
  • Be sure to check the calendar and event threads for all the Anniversary Events!!
  • Congrats to all our new vetted members!!
  • Crew Challenge #176 ends January 18, Click Here for details!!
Lann

special XDBX 5 years - planning

Events
Posted (edited)

During the week of January 21st through January 27th we will celebrate playing together for five years.

J1EHRfz.png

This is a thread to toss ideas around where the OP will keep track of what we got planned. The weekend will hold extra events and don't be afraid to host something yourself! There is a schedule that you can use to see what times are available (below).

1ouVsPY.png

Each event will then get a regular planning thread and calendar entry with rsvp's. It makes hosting alot easier and the events better if we use the rsvp function and also help with feedback during planning.

lNznPZo.png

We would also like to introduce a more formal pre-event lobby where every event has a theme, it can be a car, class, color, location, clothing, vehicle or all of the above.

With a short break and the pre-lobby it is probably good if we allow at least one hour between events.

Links to each event:

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2

Contest

For my Whacky Races I am thinking of a no-cars, or not-4-wheels event. So trucks, boats, bikes, planes, vans etc. I may allow cars if they are unconventional. All XDBX creations. Pre-event lobby would be bring anything on the same theme as the playlist. It could include GTA captures as well as races. But I'll see what other events are planned. If we have captures covered elsewhere I'll stick to non-car races.

Also in the past we have had special crew challenges running for the week before and after the anniversary, done in large teams, with multiple events. I suspect there isn't the desire for that this year given the limited options for RDR challenges at the moment. But I have an idea for a team (posse) based RDR challenge that could be combined with one or two GTA events.

• Like 3

Media
Posted (edited)

We will be running a bumper mixed playlist for M5 on anniversary weekend. We'll cover the 4 wheeled racing and some of our other absolute favourite jobs also. Will make sure not to go too heavy on anything other than the racing as to not step on any toes. Just the jobs we find especially enjoyable :)

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Like 3

Vetting

Two Bros will be a mix of crew classics and crew favorites.  Full playlist planned, taking at least two hours.

• Like 1

Can I change Brokeback Friday to Tip Touching for one last time.  Will just be a bumper pl of all my favourite stupid jobs.

• Like 1
  • Ok 1

Events
7 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Can I change Brokeback Friday to Tip Touching for one last time.  Will just be a bumper pl of all my favourite stupid jobs.

Sure can!

• Thanks 1

Events

Is anyone interested in taking the lead on making a video?

Events

@LimeGreenLegend - Do you want me to set up a special calender entry and thread for this "last" Tip Touching event? And do you have a theme in mind for a pre playlist meetup?

@djw180 - Should I add the weekend slot to the calender and then we will get a special event thread just for this one-off Whacky races? And do you have a theme in mind for a pre playlist meetup? Numbers of available rsvp's for the event?

@Dodge - Do you have anything in the works for the Wheels n' Rage, do you rather add it yourself to get the full control of the OP? If you want me to add it, do you have a theme in mind for a pre playlist meetup and how many rsvp's should I add? 

@omarcomin71 @pete_95973 - Do you want any help let me know, (since you got the same powers I do)

@JustHatched - Sama as above, Let me know!

@The_Lady_A @Crawford1872 - For the special M5, do you have a time and theme, and if you host it on the weekend are you ok with me addinga special entry/thread for this special M5?!

@Protocawl - I know you have alot of ideas, anything we should get set up already?

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

Yes please. And the theme will just be bright colours, clothes and car, and meet at the strip club ;) 

• Ok 1

Events
27 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Yes please. And the theme will just be bright colours, clothes and car, and meet at the strip club ;) 

Have a look and let me know if you want something added or such.

• Thanks 1

Coordinator
35 minutes ago, Lann said:

@LimeGreenLegend - Do you want me to set up a special calender entry and thread for this "last" Tip Touching event? And do you have a theme in mind for a pre playlist meetup?

@djw180 - Should I add the weekend slot to the calender and then we will get a special event thread just for this one-off Whacky races? And do you have a theme in mind for a pre playlist meetup? Numbers of available rsvp's for the event?

@Dodge - Do you have anything in the works for the Wheels n' Rage, do you rather add it yourself to get the full control of the OP? If you want me to add it, do you have a theme in mind for a pre playlist meetup and how many rsvp's should I add? 

@omarcomin71 @pete_95973 - Do you want any help let me know, (since you got the same powers I do)

@The_Lady_A @Crawford1872 - For the special M5, do you have a time and theme, and if you host it on the weekend are you ok with me addinga special entry/thread for this special M5?!

@Protocawl - I know you have alot of ideas, anything we should get set up already?

I don't yet know exactly what we will do for Gunslinger, it depends on if R^ adds something to the game

edit - @Lann, I would like to take a Sunday timeslot, say 6PM UTC (give or take if you need to move it a bit one way or the other is fine with me) for a couple of hours for a GTA Monster Truck and Air Show or Military Takeover

• Ok 1

Vetting
1 hour ago, Lann said:

Working on my shit, I'll have something planned out by late Sunday.

• Ok 1

Coordinator
2 hours ago, Lann said:

2 hours ago, JustHatched said:

I don't yet know exactly what we will do for Gunslinger, it depends on if R^ adds something to the game

edit - @Lann, I would like to take a Sunday timeslot, say 6PM UTC (give or take if you need to move it a bit one way or the other is fine with me) for a couple of hours for a GTA Monster Truck and Air Show or Military Takeover

Let's do the Monster Truck and Air Show, we've not done that in years. Also requesting @Jesse and @Danielle be there.......

• Like 1
  • Ok 1

2 hours ago, JustHatched said:

Let's do the Monster Truck and Air Show, we've not done that in years. Also requesting @Jesse and @Danielle be there.......

Definitely :D

Contest

Yes, please add the weekend slot to the calendar. RSVPs will probably havew to be 16, but I don't expect more than  that will be needed.

Pre-playlist meetup.

• Location, Sandy Shores Airport
  • Theme, bring any vehicle that isn't a car (same theme as the PL)
    • maybe we can race these along the runways
  • Ok 1

Media

@Lann  could we please have the slot after Tip Touching for M5. The theme will be your favourite car with an outfit that compliments it well. Location for pre pl meet tbc :)

• Like 2

Events
1 hour ago, Crawford1872 said:

@Lann  could we please have the slot after Tip Touching for M5. The theme will be your favourite car with an outfit that compliments it well. Location for pre pl meet tbc :)

Added, let me know if anything needs to be adjusted. I will add pre lobby meet up location and rsvp limit (if not 30 as of right now) once decided.

• Like 1

Vetting
On 1/9/2019 at 7:01 AM, djw180 said:

For my Whacky Races I am thinking of a no-cars, or not-4-wheels event. So trucks, boats, bikes, planes, vans etc. I may allow cars if they are unconventional. All XDBX creations. Pre-event lobby would be bring anything on the same theme as the playlist. It could include GTA captures as well as races. But I'll see what other events are planned. If we have captures covered elsewhere I'll stick to non-car races.

Also in the past we have had special crew challenges running for the week before and after the anniversary, done in large teams, with multiple events. I suspect there isn't the desire for that this year given the limited options for RDR challenges at the moment. But I have an idea for a team (posse) based RDR challenge that could be combined with one or two GTA events.

One fun idea might be a combo of both games challenge. 

Your time in a gta race combined with a butcher sell in 10 mins similar to the 10 bullet challenge? Every dollar knocks a second or half a second off your time? Something like that would be interesting to me. 

• Like 2

Events

@JustHatched all the event i added so far has been added to the Special event calender. Is there a way to disable the effected regular event for just this week, that would be Brokeback Fridays and Two bros so far (that has gotten a special calender entry for this week)?

Coordinator
9 minutes ago, Lann said:

@JustHatched all the event i added so far has been added to the Special event calender. Is there a way to disable the effected regular event for just this week, that would be Brokeback Fridays and Two bros so far (that has gotten a special calender entry for this week)?

When viewing the event, scroll to Manage Event and then hide it. I have already done that, but anyone with permission to see hidden content will still see them there, pretty sure only around 6-8 of us have permission to do that so it is non issue for the most part, just gotta remember to unhide them.

• Ok 1

Vetting
5 hours ago, Lann said:

Added, let me know if anything needs to be adjusted. I will add pre lobby meet up location and rsvp limit (if not 30 as of right now) once decided.

We'll stick to plain old LSC and the grass verge outside. Leave the RSPV limit at 30 for now, but we might need to switch down to 16. Will let you know.

Coordinator
6 hours ago, Lann said:

Just dawned on me that there is a hitch in the plan, since they are hidden they will not show for the crew for this coming weekend either. Up to you, might unhide them and then re hide them after Saturday

• Ok 1

Contest
15 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

One fun idea might be a combo of both games challenge. 

Your time in a gta race combined with a butcher sell in 10 mins similar to the 10 bullet challenge? Every dollar knocks a second or half a second off your time? Something like that would be interesting to me. 

That's a very good idea Pete. I think we will go with this. I'd like to do it as a 2 player team event, one does the GTA time trial and one does the RDR butcher sell, of course both teammates can have a go at both events.

When we did the butcher challenge before most scores were between $20 and $50. For a time trial there might be 6s between the winner and a reasonable last place. So I think the way to do this is scale the butchers part so that $30 is worth the same as 6s off the time trial.

This would start when the current challenge finishes on Friday and I'd run if for about 2 weeks, so that it includes all of the weekends before and after the anniversary.

Does that sound OK?

@Lann @Banketelli - you two are probably best to judge if the above sounds about right.

Events

;)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Vetting

Good stuff!

CMOTM

Man.. I really wanted a drink and dance while watching the vid, @Lann. 😍

• Like 1

Subscribing to the topic, just in case (eventhough I have that weekend already planned out).

this is the perfect reason to re-download gta! i might be a while waiting for our own lobbies and playlists in red dead. see you lovely folks over the weekend

• Like 3