News Ticker
  • XDBX vs STNC Dirty Hotring Racing H2H, CLICK HERE for details!!
  • XDBX vs 187X Combat H2H, Click Here for details!!
  • Be sure to check the calendar and event threads for all the Anniversary Events!!
  • Congrats to all our new vetted members!!
  • Crew Challenge #176 ends January 18, Click Here for details!!
Lann

rdr The Butcher Employee of the year - Leaderboard

Events
Posted (edited)

Pork packers such as Philip Armour built large plants west of the Chicago stockyards, developed ice-cooled roms so they could pack year round, and introduced steam hoists to elevate carcasses and an overhead assembly line to move them. Gustavus Swift, who came to Chicago to ship cattle, developed a way to send fresh-chilled beef in ice-cooled railroad cars all the way to the East Coast. (Source)

The demand for meat and the supply of animals has never been greater. The local Butchers have agreed to introduce the most honorable bloody award available for the hard working hunters out there. The Employee of the year. Held by the one hunter currently having delivered the grandest value of goods in a single delivery.

If you need to do more that one dialogue with the Butcher for whatever reason it ok as far as the other rules are followed.

Main objective: Sell what you managed to bring to the butcher using your satchel and your one horse. No lasso dragging.

Bonus objective (Creative employee of the year): Sell what you managed to bring to the butcher WITHOUT using your satchel or your horse. 

To enter the leaderboard simply post a video of your grandiose visit to the butcher along with the value of what you sold in this thread.

The one who holds the title when the year is over will receive the permanent award.

hJDy76S.png

Leaderboard:

1. $426,22 @Lann

2. $394.71 @pete_95973

3. $352.95 @djw180

4. $314.07 @Burgermauger

Edited by JustHatched
added prefix
  • Like 3

Vetting

Year long challenge? I like this idea!

I wonder if we could do others. Like most kills in a showdown series perhaps? 

• Like 1

Nice. I like this.

Other challenges would be cool. The murderous ones need a goal :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's an incentive for you guys. Made a run with just a little bit more effort than normal and NOT in my normal hunting area, ei above St Denis,.

Just over $152 with single horse and no cart. We should have some interesting totals with a max effort run.

Time to make a new YouTube channel!

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

Events

Thanks for all the feedback! Here is a permanent update.

If you need to do more that one dialogue with the Butcher for whatever reason it ok as far as the other rules are followed.

Main objective: Sell what you managed to bring to the butcher using your satchel and your one horse.

Bonus objective (Creative employee of the year): Sell what you managed to bring to the butcher WITHOUT using your satchel or your horse. 

hJDy76S.png

• Like 2

Vetting

So dragging by lasso does not count for main objective, correct?

Great Lann! Add that to your first post and we'll be good to go!

Just now, pete_95973 said:

So dragging by lasso does not count for main objective, correct?

I would say correct.

Events
2 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Great Lann! Add that to your first post and we'll be good to go!

I would say correct.

Sounds good, no Lasso for main objective.

• Like 1

So you can't use a wagon as well as your horse for anything?

Events
47 minutes ago, Danielle said:

So you can't use a wagon as well as your horse for anything?

Only if you are going for both awards in one run. Sorry if that messed up any plans, but i figured this was the best way to get it doable and allow different approached.

I take it we are allowed to post a video and as we get a bigger total post it or do you want us to keep track of our own biggest and post it when we think it’s the best...

Events

I think we post as soon as we got a video, then just post a new video if you improve. Always fun to see others scores and attempts.

Posted (edited)

I’ll start it off

$132.00 sell 

Edited by Burgermauger
  • Like 3

Contest

Just checking, there is no limit to how long we take to gather our things before selling them? I've just sold a few days worth of stuff.

Events
2 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Just checking, there is no limit to how long we take to gather our things before selling them? I've just sold a few days worth of stuff.

Correct, no limit on how long you spend looking for that last owl :D

• Like 2

Contest

$313.52

https://youtu.be/GXa13p7Phig

Could have more but I had had enough for this week and wanted to see what it was worth. So no last owl at all!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, djw180 said:

$313.52

Could have more but I had had enough for this week and wanted to see what it was worth. So no last owl at all!

Great job! I see you have the same trouble as I do sometimes when selling. Hitting the sell button and it not selling and not registering.

• Like 1

Events
18 minutes ago, djw180 said:

$313.52

Taking the lead, current employee of the year! Nice sell, must have been hundreds of items.

• Like 1

Contest
1 hour ago, Burgermauger said:

Great job! I see you have the same trouble as I do sometimes when selling. Hitting the sell button and it not selling and not registering.

yes, I find you just have to wait a bit, maybe going back forth with R1 L1 helps, I don't know.

1 hour ago, Lann said:

Taking the lead, current employee of the year! Nice sell, must have been hundreds of items.

No idea how many really, but it was a lot more than I thought. I just held on to everything other than the most common things for a few days.

Well I just did my second sell... thought I hit it out of the park and crushed the $450 mark... sigh

second sell $314.07

• Like 2

Events

Just went to sell my stuff. Had full of all fishes and all feathers and every type of animal i could find over the last week. Went on a good pelt hunt to finish it off. Toads, little birds, mouses, crabs, everything living i could store. Half way through the sell i get a blue screen.

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Contest
1 minute ago, Lann said:

Just went to sell my stuff. Had full of all fishes and all feathers and every type of animal i could find over the last week. Went on a good pelt hunt to finish it off. Toads, little birds, mouses, crabs, everything living i could store. Half way through the sell i get a blue screen.

hopefully it doesn't auto-save until you leave the butcher 

Vetting
4 minutes ago, Lann said:

giphy.gif

Events
1 hour ago, djw180 said:

hopefully it doesn't auto-save until you leave the butcher 

It did save, i am down to 75 different types items to sell (squares) and i was way above 100 when i started to sell.

Vetting

@Burgermauger how did you sell Iguana? Aren't they in Guarma?

I started to get them outside thieves landing following the San Luis river 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

@Burgermauger how did you sell Iguana? Aren't they in Guarma?

In the desert in New Austin....far west, by the river

• Like 1

Vetting

You have a new leader! $394.71.  Honestly thought it was more like $450.  But oh well.  Sorry for the long video but the butcher menu was acting up and I did not want to leave.  I was afraid of a glitch and could not remember if the rules said you can exit the butcher menu and go back in.

• Ok 2

The Iguana is also found on an island in flat iron lake. It is near the 3rd chapter camp in story mode. 

The Guarna only animals are 3 Boas, Fer De Lance, 3 Macaws and the red footed booby.

• Like 1

Events

I recovered from the bluescreen incident. Went to go sell again today. Struggle alot to get to sell, had to R2 L2 around and stuff. Had recording set to 15 minutes, it took longer and no pic of my starting money. Had 93 different types to sell, one was a cougar. Anyway, the last 71 was caught on tape and added $426,22 to my bank.

Set your recording to more than 15 minutes! :)

• Like 2
  • Ok 1