News Ticker
  • RDRO PLAYERS - be sure to invite the unvetted members to whatever you are doing so they can get notes!!! This is crucial for their vetting and lack of game content/crew events makes it more difficult at this time!!!
  • Be sure to RSVP for Anniversary Events, don't miss out cuz you didn't click a button...
JustHatched

Ace Combat 7

Coordinator

Release date is January 18, I'm gonna be real torn between this and RDRO. I dunno if anyone besides me plan on getting but if "squadrons" are able to be formed then there will likely be an XDBX fighter wing.

Vetting

If it ends up being a real good game, I'll probably eventually get it. Thought about getting one of these Ace Combat games for years, but seems from reviews they've never really been that great so far. If this ends up being brilliant then I'll give it a shot. Expecting some gameplay from ya when the time comes, @JustHatched.

Coordinator
2 hours ago, Protocawl said:

Expecting some gameplay from ya when the time comes, @JustHatched.

I'll post some epic videos cuz I'm

the-best-there-is-the-best-mhere-ever-wi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vetting

Looks like it could be fun

Coordinator

I'll be picking this up later today. Reviews say is looks good but the story isnt very good.

9 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

I'll be picking this up later today. Reviews say is looks good but the story isnt very good.

Let me know how the vr mode is. 

• Ok 1

Coordinator
13 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Let me know how the vr mode is. 

I read there is only 3 VR missions, I did 1 of those so far and not having used my VR for awhile really messed with my stomach, but it is friggin awesome, best VR I have seen so far. SO if you are only interested for the VR aspect then I would say wait for the price to drop, but if the rest of the game interests you then get it.

Video >> (Landing on a carrier at the end of the video is rather tricky)

I am 4 campaign missions in, it's ok, other than superb graphics the over gameplay is little different then any of the previous Ace Combats, the story is a bit hard to follow cuz it bounces around some but it's alright. The variety and look of the planes is pretty sweet.

I played alot of online deathmatches and battle royales, online combat is tough but fun. Plane setup has alot to do with how well you do against equal or better pilots. There is a point system for setup, if there is a 2000 point limit on the match (however the host sets it) each airframe has a certain amount of points (1550 to 1850 is what I have access to so far) and then you can put 8 addons to the airframe such as increased speed, better turn rates, faster MG fire, longer missle lock on range, etc..) and each of those have tiers from 1 to 3 and each have their own point cost as long as you don't go over the 2000 limit (there are higher limit matches but I stuck to the 2000 or less for now). I found I had the best matches in an F4 which is the lowest airframe cuz it is slower, less mobile plane compared to say an F15. But I loaded it up with missle enhancements and was able to out shoot rather than outfly most of the competition for today. My F18 would only let me slot 4 things till it went over 2000 and my F4 still has some room to go for some teir 2 stuff. Once I went with this setup I was able to finish 2nd in 10 straight matches just getting edged out of 1st

If you are a fan of the series this is a must have game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1