Jump to content
pete2581

Ability Cards

Recommended Posts

pete2581

I don't understand how the ability cards work.  I was thinking of getting another one but i cannot even confirm my first one works. Or I am not using it properly. I have the one for dead eye health regeneration.  Earlier I tested it.  I checked my health which was low but I ate some tobacco which gave me full dead eye.  I utilized dead eye for a good 15 seconds while not being attacked and my health did not change one bit.  Can anyone confirm that this works for them and how they use it?


new.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jjss924

@pete_95973 I picked the paint it black card. It allows you to paint targets using deadeye, and works. It does however work like deadeye in the earlier chapters of story mode. Whatever target you pass over gets painted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pete2581
1 minute ago, Jjss924 said:

@pete_95973 I picked the paint it black card. It allows you to paint targets using deadeye, and works. It does however work like deadeye in the earlier chapters of story mode. Whatever target you pass over gets painted.

Yeah I wish I did.  I seem stuck with this useless (or bugged?) card.


new.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_Lady_A
53 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

I don't understand how the ability cards work.  I was thinking of getting another one but i cannot even confirm my first one works. Or I am not using it properly. I have the one for dead eye health regeneration.  Earlier I tested it.  I checked my health which was low but I ate some tobacco which gave me full dead eye.  I utilized dead eye for a good 15 seconds while not being attacked and my health did not change one bit.  Can anyone confirm that this works for them and how they use it?

I bought that one and ultimately ended up replacing it with the dead eye one. I found it did slightly boost health regen while I wasn't taking damage, but not enough to really justify it. 

Edit: you can buy the other cards in that menu, I think they were $50.

Edited by The_Lady_A

Wish you luck but you're not bringing us down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pete2581
1 minute ago, The_Lady_A said:

I bought that one and ultimately ended up replacing it with the dead eye one. I found it did slightly boost health regen while I wasn't taking damage, but not enough to really justify it. 

Edit: you can buy the other cards in that menu, I think they were $50.

How do you replace or change it?  Do I have to pay?  Or can I change my free one?  Is that what you did?

  • Like 1

new.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_Lady_A

Open the weapon wheel and there is a button to go into the Abilities screen. From there you can manage the cards you have active, and buy new ones.

  • Thanks 1

Wish you luck but you're not bringing us down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pete2581
26 minutes ago, The_Lady_A said:

Open the weapon wheel and there is a button to go into the Abilities screen. From there you can manage the cards you have active, and buy new ones.

I can unequip my card but can’t equip another without paying. So I guess you’re stuck with what you chose unless you pay. 


new.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli
6 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

I can unequip my card but can’t equip another without paying. So I guess you’re stuck with what you chose unless you pay. 

Unfortunately yes. I picked the one that gives a little damage boost to the whole team which is kinda hard to confirm is working properly. 

It's the passive cards where it gets interesting. Waiting for the better cards to be unlocked before I spend too much money on it.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

I got my 3rd card yesterday.

Deal a little more damage while stamina is at 75% or more.

My stamina is always above that, so I'll keep it and upgrade over time.


Six-times Jump Rope world champion // Three-times Tic-Tac-Toe runner-up // Two-times Hopscotch world champion // Two-times Wheelbarrow Race world champion // One-time Marco Polo runner-up // One-time Musical Chairs European champion.

Owner of a 25-metre swimming badge.

"Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"  - Gilles Villeneuve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_Lady_A
18 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I got my 3rd card yesterday.

Deal a little more damage while stamina is at 75% or more.

My stamina is always above that, so I'll keep it and upgrade over time.

I saw that card too, but I do wonder how useful it will be really. Most weapons worth using are either a 2 shot kill to the body, or singularly useful for headshots. 

It would have to be a hell of a damage buff in it's final stage to be worthwhile, maybe making express rifle ammo a one hit kill bodyshot or something of that level. Unfortunately I expect it'll be a while before we get to find out the numbers for it.


Wish you luck but you're not bringing us down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Could be useful against players that take more damage.

It seemed more useful than the rest, at least.

  • Like 1

Six-times Jump Rope world champion // Three-times Tic-Tac-Toe runner-up // Two-times Hopscotch world champion // Two-times Wheelbarrow Race world champion // One-time Marco Polo runner-up // One-time Musical Chairs European champion.

Owner of a 25-metre swimming badge.

"Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"  - Gilles Villeneuve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lann

Good topic, i can’t figure them out. Maybe someone who is familiar with them can sum it up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wulfherth

I like Slow and Steady for deadeye

For passive:

Strange Medicine

Never without one(if you're on your horse you can keep re-equipping your hat)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Will be using Slow and Steady for Dead Eye when I get around to buying it.

Already have Peak Condition III.

Will add another 2 to focus on doing even more damage.

Not really interested in restoring/slowing health etc, probably be dead long before that becomes useful.


Six-times Jump Rope world champion // Three-times Tic-Tac-Toe runner-up // Two-times Hopscotch world champion // Two-times Wheelbarrow Race world champion // One-time Marco Polo runner-up // One-time Musical Chairs European champion.

Owner of a 25-metre swimming badge.

"Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"  - Gilles Villeneuve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli
23 hours ago, Manny_AKA_Yolo said:

Dead Eye Ability: Slow and Steady III

Passive Ability: Winning Streak III

Eye for an eye III

Never without one III

Honestly, you don't need Never without one 3, 2 is just fine. Same goes for Slow and Steady 3, 2 will do just fine if you want to save $1,000.

How much dead eye does Eye for an Eye III restore per headshot?

Edited by Banketelli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wren
9 hours ago, Banketelli said:

How much dead eye does Eye for an Eye III restore per headshot?

bout a quarter, i pair it with the one that drains it slower so i get like  +15 secs per kill

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli
49 minutes ago, Wren said:

bout a quarter, i pair it with the one that drains it slower so i get like  +15 secs per kill

Wow, that's a quite a bit more than I expected. Gonna give them a go.

What other cards are you rocking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wren
5 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Wow, that's a quite a bit more than I expected. Gonna give them a go.

What other cards are you rocking?

still experimenting, but the one passive i always run is eye for an eye, and I rotate around with Never Without One, Unblinking Eye, and Strange Medicine depending on the mode. 

as for my dead eye I run slow and steady (of course), but slippery bastard when I just wanna win 

Edited by Wren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pete2581

I think the slow and steady card may ruin PvP in this game.  I finally upgraded mine fully out of necessity but I wish it did not exist.  To be honest I think the whole ability card idea is stupid.

If you are fighting someone who has it and they are good and know what they are doing they are almost unbeatable.  It is way beyond the power of the BPH in GTAO.  And at least BPH's are real things in real life.  But ability cards that make you magically immune from multiple headshots?  Stupid.  Maybe there is a counter measure to this?

I can see this being an issue in our crew playlists when they exist or when we do head to heads.  The people who have it and use it properly and the people who don't may be on different playing fields and it may kill some of the fun.


new.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustHatched

I'm curious if strategically using them for an H2H is possible. Some benefit the team, so say having more of the run and gun types using shit to block head shots, while snipers and campers work on team health and other stuff rather than blocking head shots? 

  • Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!!

default_swhatever7.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

I can see this being an issue in our crew playlists when they exist or when we do head to heads.  The people who have it and use it properly and the people who don't may be on different playing fields and it may kill some of the fun.

I've been thinking about that as well. For our own playlists, I'd say that the hosts would be well in their right to say that everyone removes the cards before PL start. It's a little trickier with H2Hs as the trust isn't the same, and when the PL begins there's no way of checking if someone has gone and equipped them again, and with the exception of the hat card it's not like they stand out like a BPH. If there's some suspicious going on, blame can always be put on lag.

And yeah, the west would be better off without those cards. But I'm sure we'll figure things out before playlists actually arrive.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smurf

                                           Dead Eye

Slow and Steady            Tier 3                    While dead eye is active you take much less damage and head shots don't kill you outright. You cannot run or Sprint.

                                           Passives

Eye for an Eye                 Tier 3                   Head shot restores a lot of Dead Eye. 

The Unblinking Eye        Tier 3                   Dead Eye & Eagle Eye drains much slower.

Never without One          Tier 3                  Your hat will block one head shot, and then fall off. When not wearing one you take more damage.

If your hat comes off for whatever reason be sure to try & change the  "Never without One" card as it automatically becomes useless, with a next card that you prepared for that scenario. Mines is Cold Blooded.

I sometimes interchange this with, The Unblinking Eye  for PVP with the card ability below.

Strange Medicine           Tier 3                   You regain a lot of health whenever you inflict damage. Your health otherwise regenerates at half the normal rate. 

 

Pros: I can survive possibly 2 head shots, when I give head shots it refills my dead eye, slower dead eye drain so I maintain my accuracy, taking body shots from the enemy is significantly reduced & I cant run so it basically force me to have better aim.

 

Cons: There are no health benefits, & this does not exclude you from a 1 shot kill from a enemy, with any shot guns as with all builds.

 

Note. Carry dead eye & health Tonics to maximize the use of this build & use them before going into battle, also this build is best used in a stealthy approach.   

I am pretty sure we can create a Team Ability Build for the crew for future Head to Head assuming we tier 3 them.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

VIDEO GAMES DON'T MAKE US VIOLENT, LAG & PEOPLE DOES. ezgif.com-resize_zpslg5pf79o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Con
On 1/16/2019 at 1:05 AM, Smurf said:

                                           Dead Eye

Slow and Steady            Tier 3                    While dead eye is active you take much less damage and head shots don't kill you outright. You cannot run or Sprint.

                                           Passives

Eye for an Eye                 Tier 3                   Head shot restores a lot of Dead Eye. 

The Unblinking Eye        Tier 3                   Dead Eye & Eagle Eye drains much slower.

Never without One          Tier 3                  Your hat will block one head shot, and then fall off. When not wearing one you take more damage.

If your hat comes off for whatever reason be sure to try & change the  "Never without One" card as it automatically becomes useless, with a next card that you prepared for that scenario. Mines is Cold Blooded.

I'm on the verge of spending a lot on ability cards and came across a way to get your hat back if it gets shot off. If you form a posse, you will be able to access the posse outfits and just like that, your hat is back. i believe you use the left on the d-pad to access the posse menu. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smurf

I keep pressing L3 for dead eye, that's what happens when you play too much gun games at once.


VIDEO GAMES DON'T MAKE US VIOLENT, LAG & PEOPLE DOES. ezgif.com-resize_zpslg5pf79o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pete2581
1 hour ago, Con said:

I'm on the verge of spending a lot on ability cards and came across a way to get your hat back if it gets shot off. If you form a posse, you will be able to access the posse outfits and just like that, your hat is back. i believe you use the left on the d-pad to access the posse menu. 

I have been utilizing dead eye with slow and steady consistently lately, keeping my dead eye core full eating meat and it’s really powerful. I think ability cards are stupid but if they exist I may as well exploit them to win shootouts and destroy randoms in free mode. 


new.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Burgermauger

Not sure if this is in an ability card or not. 

When in story mode when you get to a certain level when you activate dead eye you can see critical areas to shoot.

Wondering if anyone knows if this is a ability card or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banketelli
2 hours ago, Burgermauger said:

Not sure if this is in an ability card or not. 

When in story mode when you get to a certain level when you activate dead eye you can see critical areas to shoot.

Wondering if anyone knows if this is a ability card or not?

Doesn't match the description of any of the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...