News Ticker
  • RDRO PLAYERS - be sure to invite the unvetted members to whatever you are doing so they can get notes!!! This is crucial for their vetting and lack of game content/crew events makes it more difficult at this time!!!
  • Be sure to RSVP for Anniversary Events, don't miss out cuz you didn't click a button...
djw180

Crew Challenge 174 - Holy Snowly

Contest

Crew Challenge 174 - Holy Snowly

This is the first of 2 crew challenges to run over the holidays. This is the GTA challenge, an RDR one will appear soon. As in previous years it's a solo time trial where you have set two times, one in clear weather and one in the snow. As I don't know when the snow will arrive and leave the end date for this is not yet fixed, but it will be a few days after the snow has gone to give everyone chance to get both times in.

• The track is Ally's Holy Hermes
  • Customs OFF - use a stock Hermes only please
  • add up your fastest laps
    • one in clear weather
    • one in snow
  • do as many laps and make as many attempts as you like
  • no run ups
  • non-contact if racing with others
  • any time of day, any other weather options allowed so long as one time is in no snow and the other is in the snow

Starts now

ends - 7th Jan, 19:00 GMT

spreadsheet https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ap5syCuQuxjRgyPC-ZIr41W9tqDI

Edited by djw180

Media

Will give this a go over the break :)

• Like 1

Vetting

From what I noticed on the R* newswire, it seems this year we could see snow in Los Santos as soon as this Friday (tomorrow basically). Hopefully they have more days of snow planned in total for these holidays then.

• Like 1

Vetting

Wonderful choice @djw180, I'm so in! It also gave me an idea...

I'd like to partially hijack DJ's competition and announce that there is a mini video contest within in this contest.

It's totally unofficial and will net you no favour or benefit for the actual crew challenge itself. It's just for fun and to recycle some hilarity out of what could be incredible frustration. 

The two categories are "Best Individual Crash" and "Best Compilation of Crashes". Videos of between 10 seconds minimum and 90 seconds maximum, I'll do a public poll so we can vote if at least a couple of us do it 😁

• Like 4

Contest

It's snowing.

Events

Slippery fun, my best lap so far 1:59

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

Vetting

I was just coming here to say I'd now done a dozen laps (best so far 2:07.etc) and that I thought the good times would be breaking in before the 2:00 mark. Well done for doing it already @Lann!

• Like 2

Contest

Here are the times from when this was done in GFred and 2 Bros

DvLpd2nXQAMeFvX.jpg:large

DvLpSYkW0AA0xri.jpg:large

Anyone else having go, remember you need to do a time in the clear weather as well, once the snow is gone

@Lann @Protocawl @Dodge @Schumi6581 @omarcomin71 @Smurf @Beez @Potato @Squirrel @Wren @Con @bakri16

Edited by djw180
  • Like 4

Media

Oh what the heck...I'll join in the fun. I'm in. 

• Like 1

Contest

The snow has gone, but I assume like previous years it will return over new year. So time to get some clear laps in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snow - 1:55.012

Clear - 1:47.473

• Like 1

Contest

The snow is back

@Crawford1872 @The_Lady_A @Protocawl @SINISTER120 @Lann @Con @omarcomin71 @Potato @Wren & anyone else having a go

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

Contest
Posted (edited)

The snow has gone so I'm setting an end time of 19:00 GMT 7th Dec (Monday). So that gives us the weekend to get any more clear-weather times done.

@Crawford1872 @The_Lady_A @Protocawl @SINISTER120 @Lann @Con @omarcomin71 @Potato @Wren

Also dont forget we have an RDR challenge running as well, ends the same time.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 4

Contest

Spreadsheet made

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ap5syCuQuxjRgyPC-ZIr41W9tqDI

Challenge ends in about 10 hours (7pm GMT today)

Contest

@The_Lady_A, and anyone else with video know-how. I have a few clips of crashes, but have no idea how to put them all together in one video. I just have them on my PS4 and uploaded to Youtube. Any help?

If I have to pick just one then it's this from a random I was spectating as they right the car and carry almost as if nothing had happened,

• Haha 1

Events
4 minutes ago, djw180 said:

@The_Lady_A, and anyone else with video know-how. I have a few clips of crashes, but have no idea how to put them all together in one video. I just have them on my PS4 and uploaded to Youtube. Any help?

If I have to pick just one then it's this from a random I was spectating as they right the car and carry almost as if nothing had happened,

Download/use Sharefactory on the ps4.

• Like 1

Events
Posted (edited)

Here are my times. Sorry but I’m unable to post them on the spreadsheet using my phone. 

Snow: 1:58.300

No Snow: 1:53.247

https://imgur.com/a/3FPklB5

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1

Vetting

Snow time: 1:56.483

Clear time: 1:51.346

Pics and videos need some more time, but are coming.

• Like 1

Contest

challenge over, please post time in the next 48 hours

Events

Cant find my non-snow time, maybe i didnt take a pic. A bit upset about a bluescreen fail in my Butcher sale and I dont want to even turn the ps4 on, even less do more laps. Sorry. 

Contest
24 minutes ago, Lann said:

Cant find my non-snow time, maybe i didnt take a pic. A bit upset about a bluescreen fail in my Butcher sale and I dont want to even turn the ps4 on, even less do more laps. Sorry. 

you have a 1:55.509 that I have a screenshot of

Contest
Posted (edited)

These are times that have been posted or that I have screenshots of, snow then no-snow

Please fill in the gaps or update as soon as possible.

Edited by djw180

Vetting

I think I've added my times successfully. Using that bloody spreadsheet is always the most challenging part for me 😅

@djw180 to edit videos you need sharefactory which is free. If you've never edited video footage before I would look for a tutorial online. But the basic operation is cutting out the bits you want and sticking them together while deleting the parts you don't.

• Like 1

Media

Sorry DJ...I wasnt able to log in the last snow day and get a time recorded. Don't wait for me.

Events

I found my non snow pic (on the othrr console)’ 1:48.943

y6vzItb.jpg

• Like 1