djw180

Crew Challenge 173 - Butcher$ Challenge

djw180

Crew Challenge 173 - Butcher$ Challenge

A solo RDR2 online challenge, set by Lann.

bNNWoyL.jpg

• Clear/sell your inventory at the Butcher.
  • Timer starts as you leave the Butcher
  • You have 10 minutes and 10 bullets 
    • no lasso, dynamite, knife, bow or any other way of killing an animal
    • just use your 10 bullets to get your kills
  • Before 10 minutes are up you go to a Butcher and sell everything you managed to collect
    • it does not have to be the same butcher
  • You are not allowed to visit/sell to the Butcher multiple times.

Save a video! 

Timer starts once you leave the Butcher with nothing to sell.

Times ends once you get to the Butcher interaction screen (the actual selling can be outside of the 10 minutes)

Most money from the Butcher wins.

A few other rules / clarifications

• you're not allowed to use anything else except your own horse to carry kills
  • any gun is allowed
  • you can use more than one gun
  • 10 bullets in total, so if you dont hit your target or have to shoot at something or someone else that counts as a bullet.
    • You can only fire a gun 10 times during the 10 minutes.

Starts now

Ends 19:00 GMT 20th Dec

Please post all videos within 48 hours

Thanks @Lann :)

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

Lann

I would say to make it simple that you are not allowed to use anything but your one horse.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

Con

I’m in. Sounds like I’m gonna make some money in the process. Nice. 

• Like 1

pete2581

I will win this challenge.  Just need two others for second and third place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

new.gif

Protocawl

No mention of a specific gun, so any gun is allowed? And can one split the 10 bullets between different guns or does it have to be just 10 bullets for one gun of your own choosing?

• Like 1

Protocawl.png

Lann
6 hours ago, Protocawl said:

No mention of a specific gun, so any gun is allowed? And can one split the 10 bullets between different guns or does it have to be just 10 bullets for one gun of your own choosing?

The bullets can come from any (different) guns.

And to be clear, 10 bullets in total, so if you dont hit your target or have to shoot at something or someone else that counts as a bullet. You can only fire a gun 10 times during the 10 minutes.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lann

It was harder than i thought, already blew two good rounds, one by shooting 12 bullets and one by using 11 minutes. I got one valid run so far; $22 (7 bullets)

• Like 1

Danielle

You should add no trampling in there too, not that you get a lot of money from trampled animals.

• Like 1

Lann

No trampling or suicidal animals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

djw180

I've re-formatted the rules and added a bit extra. Hopefully that is everything covered now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lann

New attempt, at night. Only a few birds, but about $30.

• Like 1

Con

Butcher no longer buys carcasses? I wasted time getting perfect carcasses only for them not to show up in my inventory when I got to the butcher. 

Danielle
22 minutes ago, Con said:

Butcher no longer buys carcasses? I wasted time getting perfect carcasses only for them not to show up in my inventory when I got to the butcher. 

The carcass has to be nearby when you're at the butcher, so you can only sell one at a time. That's what I thought anyway? :lol:

Con
22 minutes ago, Danielle said:

The carcass has to be nearby when you're at the butcher, so you can only sell one at a time. That's what I thought anyway? :lol:

I had previously been able to leave the carcasess and pelts stowed and he would still buy all of them. But not even the cheap alligator skin was showing up in my inventory. As if I never possessed it. I had an owl, a pelican, buncha heron plumes, etc...it was a good challenge attempt, I tell ya', partners. 

Lann
51 minutes ago, Con said:

28 minutes ago, Danielle said:

You need to keep your horse close you the butcher in order to sell the carcass you got on the horse.

• Like 1

djw180

Anyone noticed that when you're not making an attempt at this challenge you come across lots of easy kill animals, but if you then go to a nearby butchers to have a go at this and go back to the exact same spot there's none to be found anywhere!!!😖

• Like 1

Danielle
56 minutes ago, djw180 said:

How's everyone getting on then? Just over 4 days to go

@Lann @Con @pete_95973 @Protocawl @Danielle @Dodge & anyone else

My best is only about $18.

I've not had any time to play this weekend and I'm normally too tired after work to play so I'm not sure if I'll have anything. Last time I tried a friend joined me and we done other stuff.

Lann
16 minutes ago, Danielle said:

I've not had any time to play this weekend and I'm normally too tired after work to play so I'm not sure if I'll have anything. Last time I tried a friend joined me and we done other stuff.

2p3w9v.jpg

• Haha 1

Lann

I am at $32 

Trying to get one perfect muskrat on each side and a perfect deer on the back, one muskrat alone is $4. Then a shitload of feathers. Potentially up close to $40 i think, but its not easy. Doing it in the swamps north of st Denis.

• Like 1

pete2581

I’ve made one run at this and got twenty something. Need to check the saved video. Haven’t played in  4 days. Just returned home from business trip so I hope to improve. 

• Like 1

new.gif

Lann

I went to start a attempt at the Butcher, but i had nothing to sell, so the sell button was not clickable when talking to the Butcher. Usually i sell and then start my next attempt. Are you guys ok with this as the start of a round, as it does show i do not already have anything on me to sell? (And video show my horse is close by and carrying nothing.)

DuoyzyCWkAABLS7.jpg

• Like 3

djw180
15 hours ago, Lann said:

I went to start a attempt at the Butcher, but i had nothing to sell, so the sell button was not clickable when talking to the Butcher. Usually i sell and then start my next attempt. Are you guys ok with this as the start of a round, as it does show i do not already have anything on me to sell? (And video show my horse is close by and carrying nothing.)

DuoyzyCWkAABLS7.jpg

That's how most of my attempts start as well, so I'm happy with that. I had assumed it was OK.

• Thanks 1

pete2581

First off, I am thoroughly enjoying this challenge.  I love the freedom of it: being able to use any guns, any part of the map, any animal.  Having said that I really raged this morning when I made a great haul and got to the butcher at 10:12! 🤬  Also had a random start fucking with me during a good run that was ruined as a result.

Glad there is a couple days left though.  I have to review my clips but I think my best run so far is around $23-$24.  Hopefully I will get better.  I definitely look forward to more hunting challenges in the future!

• Like 1

new.gif

djw180

I've enjoyed this as well, but it's getting frustrating now. Far too many times when I'm not doing the challenge I come across groups of turkeys in a field or a few ducks flying over head, all nice and easy to shoot. But do I ever see such groups of easy kills when I am doing the challenge? No! Also I found and shot a golden eagle just sitting on top of cactus once, which I assume would have been worth a lot, but got killed by a random on the way to the butcher.

• Like 1

Lann

Turkeys and ducks arent worth the bullet. :) 

One of the best birds are the ones i shoot in the beginning here, feathers for like $17 from them 3 alone.

• Like 1

pete2581

Yeah spoonbills are gold!

Edited by pete_95973

new.gif

Banketelli

$50.20

Wasn't sure if you HAD to use all 10 bullets so fired the last two shots as I went back to the butcher, just to be save. Now I really hope I counted right.😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

pete2581
2 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

$50.20

Wasn't sure if you HAD to use all 10 bullets so fired the last two shots as I went back to the butcher, just to be save. Now I really hope I counted right.😅

source.gif

• Haha 3

new.gif