News Ticker
  • RDRO PLAYERS - be sure to invite the unvetted members to whatever you are doing so they can get notes!!! This is crucial for their vetting and lack of game content/crew events makes it more difficult at this time!!!
  • Be sure to RSVP for Anniversary Events, don't miss out cuz you didn't click a button...
djw180

Crew Challenge 168 Cleaning The Cat House

Events

Anna is triggered by you being close, i drove by on the ground in other attempts and that trigger her movement. She will then walk towards you as soon as thats triggered. I am ok with any change to the rules. Easiest to actually serve the purpose of the challenge might be adding a checkpoint, something you have to do before leaving with Anna. Kill them all?

Edited by Lann
  • Like 1

I was wondering about this because it is the method I use and I wasn't going to mention it, lol. All you have to do is drive anywhere near her location, slowly, and she will head down to you.

If you want us to enter the building then I say we have to enter the building.

• Like 1

Events

Maybe on foot up on to and down from roof?

• Like 1

Events

I’ve been fighting the Lost while going on foot to get Anna.  I’d never seen or heard of the way Lann did it.  

I’m currently at about 5 minutes.  However I’ve only tried a handful of times. 

I think a little combat and retrieving Anna on foot makes for a better challenge.  

The first time I killed all of the Lost before leaving.  I then realized that wasn’t the challenge. 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 1

Media

I'm all for any rule adjustment in DJ's last post, it that makes the challenge more even for those of us that do not know the super-shortcuts like forcing Anna to appear or whatever you guys are referring to. I enjoy killing all the enemies and then grabbing Anna at the end. What's the fun in just getting Anna out? My time might not compete but I will have fun. 

54 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

The first time I killed all of the Lost before leaving.  I then realized that wasn’t the challenge. 

I was under the impression that was the full challenge. You can reach Anna whenever you want, just have to clear the cat house at some point before taking off with her. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

Contest

Thanks everyone,

The rules will be updated then. I don't think we can say you have to kill all the Lost, that was my original idea but I don't know how many there are in total or if they will all show up as red dots on the mini map all the time. 

If anyone knows for certain how many Lost there are, or if they do always all show on the mini map we could say, kill all X of them (whatever X is) or don't get back into your vehicle until there are no red dots left on the mini map.

Assuming we can't do either of the above I think if we just say "you have enter the Motel on foot at ground level and go up the stairs before triggering Anna following you". Assume this is the new rule unless we decide otherwise fairly soon.

@Lann@SINISTER120 @omarcomin71 @Con@no_snacks

• Like 3

Definitely add it to the rules IMO.  The best part of doing the contact mission challenges is the combat and learning the best strategy to take out the enemies quickly. The driving also plays a major part, but yeah, we may as well just hotlap a track if you take the combat out of the equation. 

• Like 2

Meh, I was just doing the mission the way I always do. 3 years and numerous 2x events means I've done them all more than I can count, lol. Always blast through them as quick as possible for max money.

Of course those that dont play them often and what not see them differently :)

"Fun" can be had in more ways than one and ones persons definition of "fun" differs from others.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 2

Events

I just enjoy trying to optimize whatever the challenge is, if i find a way within the rules i will use it. Along with it goes that i dont mind the rules changing, its just yet another challenge to try to and be effective at. 

:)

Hotlaping, free roam killing, missions... I love it all!

These challenges keep the game alive for me.

• Like 5

Contest

@Lann @SINISTER120@no_snacks @omarcomin71 @Con

rules have been updated, as suggested yesterday, so last two are now

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, djw180 said:
    •  
  •  you must enter the Motel on foot at ground level and go up the stairs before triggering Anna following you
  • Anna must get in/on your car/bike at ground level 

• Like 2

Events

And Triggering Anna must be done upstairs on foot, is that correct?

Contest
3 hours ago, Lann said:

And Triggering Anna must be done upstairs on foot, is that correct?

yes

Contest

Contest

Final day for this.

@Lann @SINISTER120 @omarcomin71 @Con @no_snacks

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

Events

I just gave it one last try and looks to be at 4 minutes even.  The video clip is 4:19 with about 20 seconds of non gameplay. 

edit: I time this at 3:52 - DJ

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

I got caught up in racing and forgot to make any attempts after the rule adjustments :(

• Sad 1

Events
1 hour ago, SINISTER120 said:

I got caught up in racing and forgot to make any attempts after the rule adjustments :(

+1 Not racing but the editor and irl :(

Edited by Lann
  • Sad 1

Contest

Challenge over. Please post your videos ASAP

@Con @no_snacks

Media
9 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Challenge over. Please post your videos ASAP

@Con @no_snacks

I don't have a video because I thought I would be able to improve my time this weekend but wife had other plans for me and if i can remember correctly, my best attempt was 5:29.

• Like 1

Contest

My video. I time this at 3:57. Could someone check that please?

• Like 1

Events

Well @djw180 seeing as our times were nearly the same I went ahead and timed them.

I timed each video using the stopwatch one my phone.  Starting at the moment the title of the mission drops down and stopping when it says passed.

For my time I got 3:52.52

For you I got 3:56.44

It was pretty damn close. Feel free to time them as well. I'd be happy to share the award with you. :)

Edit: I just saw you have already timed them.  :) 

Edited by omarcomin71

Contest

Still waiting to hear from @no_snacks. I'll give it another 24 hours or so.

But as it stands provisionally

1. @omarcomin71 3:52
  2. @djw180 3:56
  3. @Con 5:29
  4. @no_snacks ?
  5. @Lann, @SINISTER120- took part but got distracted ;)
Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

Media

Wow....four seconds!!! That's insane!!! Awards will be issued later today.

Contest
4 hours ago, Con said:

Wow....four seconds!!! That's insane!!! Awards will be issued later today.

Those are just provisional results, giving snacks a bit more chance to reply.

• Like 1

Events

Thanks @djw180 I really enjoyed it! 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 11:12 PM, djw180 said:

Still waiting to hear from @no_snacks. I'll give it another 24 hours or so.

But as it stands provisionally

1. @omarcomin71 3:52
  2. @djw180 3:56
  3. @Con 5:29
  4. @no_snacks ?
  5. @Lann, @SINISTER120- took part but got distracted ;)

Sorry, guys.   Had a solid week of 12+ hour shifts at work.  I'm exhausted.  Haven't had time to turn the PS4 on or even play Red Dead yet. :(