News Ticker
  • RDRO PLAYERS - be sure to invite the unvetted members to whatever you are doing so they can get notes!!! This is crucial for their vetting and lack of game content/crew events makes it more difficult at this time!!!
  • Be sure to RSVP for Anniversary Events, don't miss out cuz you didn't click a button...
djw180

Crew Challenge 166 - Stunt Jumps

Contest

Crew Challenge 166 - Stunt Jumps

A solo challenge. Simply do any 5 stunt jumps in free roam using a car you steal off the streets. Fastest time wins.

• no custom, CEO, MC, Pegasuss, any other personel etc vehicles
  • no bikes
  • use a car you steal off the streets
  • use the same car for all 5 jumps
  • any of the stunt jumps count
  • save a video
  • timer starts from the first stunt jump completed message
  • timer ends with the 5th stunt jump completed message
  • you can do this in any lobby, passive mode is allowed

Thanks to @omarcomin71 for suggesting this and thanks to @Lann for finding this map showing the stunt jump locations.

Starts now

ends 1st October 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC)
All times to be posted by 19:00 BST on 3rd Oct please.

• Like 3

Events

I’m in :) 

• Like 2

The jump at the prison requires landing inside so I would avoid it.

I'm in.

Should be fun. Don't get excited when you see all those jumps clustered together. Lots of these are very tricky. Many of them should be avoided, hope you know which ones ;)

• Like 1

Found my 5 ;)

Careful with car choice the fast cars can be very unbalanced and many can end up on their roof.

Hopefully more people join in.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 1

Media

In

• Like 3

Sounds like fun.  I'm in.

Still haven't done all of the stunt jumps yet, so might try to complete the list too. :)

• Like 3

Yes but I'm not telling ;)

Have ran these 5 jumps way more than anything else in the game, lol.

Pretty sure I can't do any better and I'm very confident in my choice.

Hoping that no one else finds them, lol.

• Like 1

Oooh.  I'm intrigued.  :lol:   

Could be the same 5 jumps I'm using.  Don't think I can do it any quicker either. 

Curious to know roughly where I stand.  Are you under 2 minutes?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SINISTER120 said:

Yes.

Are you under 1:30?

Edited by no_snacks

Yes. That's as low as I'm saying, lol.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 1

I think we're in the same spot then.  Can't see any other areas being as quick, but haven't had a proper look yet. 

I wont say where it is either. :D

• Like 1

If you are that fast it can only be the same place, lol.

The rest of them have some clusters but at least one in each spot is tough to reach. The ones on top of buildings are of no use, same with the ones at LSIA. 

I've completed them all on  SP and on both online characters. I've been waiting for this challenge since the day it was first mentioned :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, no_snacks said:

I think we're in the same spot then.  Can't see any other areas being as quick, but haven't had a proper look yet. 

I wont say where it is either. :D

I'm going to keep looking though. Will be a shame if this just comes down to who can hot lap the same set of jumps quicker, lol.

Contest

Just over 3 days to go.

I've got a time of just about 1:40 I think, probably not the fastest set of 5 jumps but ones not too far apart that I can be reasonably sure of completing.

@omarcomin71 @Con @no_snacks @SINISTER120 @Lann + anyone else?

Edited by djw180
  • Like 3

Media
37 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Just over 3 days to go.

I've got a time of just about 1:40 I think, probably not the fastest set of 5 jumps but ones not too far apart that I can be reasonably sure of completing.

Mapping my strategy today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, djw180 said:

Just over 3 days to go.

1:09 for me, @djw180.

Doubt I'll go much quicker.  Possibly a few tenths, but not much more.

• Like 2

1:15 for me. Ran these until I couldnt take any more but had a blast doing it :)

Lots of variables in this challenge and no 2 runs are the same. Traffic is completely random and causes some hilarious accidents.

• Like 3

Here's a video if anyone's having trouble finding a good set of jumps.  Like @SINISTER120 said, traffic is often a huge factor whether your run is fast, slow or a failure.  Good luck. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That 3rd jump is the craziest. Lost count of how many phantoms and box trucks I have crashed into. They just appear out of nowhere. 

The first is easily overshot in the faster cars.

Events

Thanks for the video @no_snacks, great route! Did anyone try the jumps down south on the pier? I cant even find them all but there supposed to at least 5.

Those jumps are useless for a quick time. 3 of them involve landing on roof tops. One takes you across the water.  They require high speeds and precise aiming.

Also most of the ramps are inside small trailers.  They are best performed on a motorcycle which we are not allowed to use.

Most of the clusters of jumps have a useless one or two, for this challenge.

• Thanks 1

Events

The last one in the video above seems hard, had to find a Bullet to make it, and i have only made all five jumps once. (1:19)

For me the obey9f is the best. Also good are Coquette, Rapid GT and Infernus. Infernus is tricky because it can over shoot. 

May sound crazy but the Exemplar is also a good vehicle. Excellent braking and handling.

1:19 is very good time. Snacks pulled off perfect landings and no NPC interference. 

Edited by SINISTER120

Events

I tried a Exemplar and zion and a cop car, blew the last jump in all of them. Will try some more after Two Bros! 

Events

Enjoy a not so happy ending.

I am at 1.10 in Feltzer and Infernus, a second slower in the Comet.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 3

Contest

My time 1:26

I couldn't do the faster set of jumps the rest of you have been doing. When I attempted those I always missed one of them.

So this is my easy-to-complete set of 5. 2 to 5 are in a nice sequence, the problem was trying to find another to go with them. I tried a few different ones and this was the fastest, of course that could be down to getting a good car and no serious traffic problems.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 4

Events

I’m glad everybody had a chance to place a score.  I unfortunately struggled with this challenge the entire time.   I have yet to complete five in a row. After years of playing I’m still not as familiar with the city as you guys are.  I’m having to refer to maps.  

The idea for this challenge came to me while trying to complete 25 stunt jumps for the lime green paint job. I have come to realize I don’t a clue to where most of these jump are. :D 

Thanks for the link by the way @Lann and thank you @djw180 I had fun trying. 

• Like 1

Events

A potential route.

I am looking forward to the 10 in a row challenge!   Once i got to start trying different paths I had a blast.

Edited by Lann
  • Like 2