News Ticker
  • RDRO PLAYERS - be sure to invite the unvetted members to whatever you are doing so they can get notes!!! This is crucial for their vetting and lack of game content/crew events makes it more difficult at this time!!!
  • Be sure to RSVP for Anniversary Events, don't miss out cuz you didn't click a button...
Potato

ps4 XDBX Tennis Championship

Coordinator

I'm in

• Like 1

Ok so we have 10. I don't want @pete_95973 to be left out so we shall start the weekend of the 30th Sept / 1st Oct. As I said earlier @pete_95973 will be the first to have a week off, along with someone else from the other group. Groups and fixtures will be drawn randomly at a later date.

• Like 3

Media
51 minutes ago, Potato said:

Ok so we have 10. I don't want @pete_95973 to be left out so we shall start the weekend of the 30th Sept / 1st Oct. As I said earlier @pete_95973 will be the first to have a week off, along with someone else from the other group. Groups and fixtures will be drawn randomly at a later date.

giphy.gif

Coordinator

@omarcomin71, since this event does not have a set specific date and time and is spread out across a few weeks it is not on the calendar. I just moved the planning thread to the crew events forum. Only thing really needed for this is @Lann to setup timer for the deadline to have matches done each weekend

• Like 1

Deadline for each weekend can be Sunday 11pm PST.

Events

Will the deadline be the same time each week? When is round 1 ending?

Edited by Lann

1 minute ago, Lann said:

Will the deadline be the same time each week? When is round 1 ending?

Yes same time each week. First deadline will be Monday 2nd October 7am UTC

Events

What are those... periods, rounds, match,??

RULES:

• Matches will be one set

• Group matches will be drawn on Thursday mornings

• Matches are to be played between 19:00 Friday - 7:00 Monday UTC.

• It is up to the two participants of a match to decide what time & day their fixture will be played and who will host.

• Matches can be played on any tennis court in LS.

• SCORING: You will be awarded 3 points for non-tiebreak victory; 2 points for a tiebreak victory; 1 point for a tiebreak loss and 0 points for a non-tiebreak loss.

• The winner of the match should send a screenshot of the results screen to me via psn (Random_Potato) asap after the match. Please take note of the score.

• If you know in advance that you will not be able to play on a specific weekend please let me know by the Wednesday evening (UTC) before that weekend [so that you can be given that weekend off / your match can be rescheduled]. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit and your opponent being awarded a 6-0 victory.

• In extraordinary circumstances where you cannot play your match and do not know it until the weekend, your match can (NOT will) be rescheduled mid-week subject to confirmation from your opponent. If your opponent cannot reschedule to a mid-week game, they will be awarded a victory. [Whether this is a 6-0 victory or a tiebreak victory will be decided by me depending on the circumstances, and how much effort you and your opponent put in, to try and reschedule the match.] **I understand that this could be abused, but since we're all adults, please be courteous towards your opponents and reschedule the match if you can.

• There will be 2 groups of 5 people. You will play each opponent in your group once. After all 4 group matches have been played, the winner of each group will get a bye to the semi final. 2nd place in group A will play 3rd place in group B and vice versa in a MID-WEEK quarter-final. The semi finals will be A1 v B2/A3 and B1 v A2/B3.

• There will be a 3rd place play-off on the same weekend as the final.

• If at the end of the group matches, two or more players are on the same points, position will be decided by the difference in games won to games lost. If the players still cannot be separated, head to head record will determine who finishes higher.

• In the unlikely event of a match not being played due to your opponent not responding to your messages regarding organising the match; if you provide evidence of your attempts to contact your opponent, you will be awarded 6-0 victory. If neither player contacts the other they will both be awarded a 6-0 loss.

• Results & Tables will be added to OP.

Edited by Potato
  • Like 5

Ok, groups have been drawn randomly and they are as follows:

GROUP A: @The_Lady_A @Con @Crawford1872 @pete_95973 @JustHatched

GROUP B: @Potato @LimeGreenLegend @Squirrel @Nybaal @djw180

Group matches will be drawn on Thursday mornings, giving people time to say if they want the week off. So if anyone from group b can't make next weekend, speak up now.

• Like 4

Events

Is the first week set yet?

nm sorry

On 2017-09-20 at 9:05 PM, Potato said:

Yes same time each week. First deadline will be Monday 2nd October 7am UTC

Edited by Lann

Vetting

Sucks that I didn't notice this one earlier, but since you have a nice even number, I'm just offering myself as a practice-partner! I do have a XDBX Tennis Tournament Champion medal from a few years back in case you don't know who you're dealing with here. :D

If anyone wants a friendly match, just send me a message through PSN or a PM on the site or reply to this post if you wish, with a time that would suit you best and I'm sure we can schedule it. ;)

Haven't played tennis in GTA for a while, but it's one of the best side activities in the game IMO.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 2

Media
1 hour ago, Protocawl said:

Sucks that I didn't notice this one earlier, but since you have a nice even number, I'm just offering myself as a practice-partner! I do have a XDBX Tennis Tournament Champion medal from a few years back in case you don't know who you're dealing with here. :D

If anyone wants a friendly match, just send me a message through PSN or a PM on the site or reply to this post if you wish, with a time that would suit you best and I'm sure we can schedule it. ;)

Haven't played tennis in GTA for a while, but it's one of the best side activities in the game IMO.

I'll certainly take you up on that offer. I'll send you a message with my practice time availability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Protocawl said:

You can still join if you want. We can have one group of 6 and one of 5. Group stage will still take 5 weeks either way. You'd have to be in group B though, so bring it on.

• Thanks 1

Vetting
12 minutes ago, Potato said:

You can still join if you want. We can have one group of 6 and one of 5. Group stage will still take 5 weeks either way. You'd have to be in group B though, so bring it on.

If it doesn't complicate things and you're certain about it?

I'd love to join in that case. :)

But if it complicates anything, I'll be happy as just a practice-partner.

My offer for practice matches stands in either case, though!

55 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

If it doesn't complicate things and you're certain about it?

Actually, no f**k off. Just kidding :P I can't think of anything it complicates. Same KO round procedure. Same group round length for both groups. Only difference is group B get one extra game and play every week.

• Like 1

Come on @djw180  time to settle once and for all who is the worst tennis player in  GTA. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Media
5 hours ago, Potato said:

Week 1 fixtures:

Group A:

@Con vs @Crawford1872

@JustHatched vs @The_Lady_A

Group B:

@Squirrel vs @djw180

@LimeGreenLegend vs @Nybaal

@Potato vs @Protocawl

Please make sure you read the rules if you haven't already. Good luck and have fun.

@pete_95973 has a Bye week?

Coordinator

@The_Lady_A sunday will be the only day I can do this. Would 11 or 12 gmt work for you?

Media

Love means nothing!!!  Serve it, Win it, Love it, baby!! 

There are seven Tennis courts in Los Santos. Curiously none in Blaine County.

Here is a tour of each court and the views you'll get when you are smashing a return or lobbing one over your opponents head! Not sure if the different surfaces affect game play but there are clay, grass, hard and I think carpet too. Let's get this tournament going tennis beasts!

Here are the tennis venues: 

@Crawford1872 I'm pretty flexible with my gaming schedule now. Let me know your availability and was hoping you would agree to play on the Vespucci Beach court? 

Edited by Con
  • Like 3

Vetting
26 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

@The_Lady_A sunday will be the only day I can do this. Would 11 or 12 gmt work for you?

Yes that works for me. The only reason I won't be is if my internet flat out refuses, in which case I accept that I'll have to forfeit the match.

• Like 1

Media
44 minutes ago, Con said:

Love means nothing!!!  Serve it, Win it, Love it, baby!! 

There are seven Tennis courts in Los Santos. Curiously none in Blaine County.

Here is a tour of each court and the views you'll get when you are smashing a return or lobbing one over your opponents head! Not sure if the different surfaces affect game play but there are clay, grass, hard and I think carpet too. Let's get this tournament going tennis beasts!

Here are the tennis venues: 

@Crawford1872 I'm pretty flexible with my gaming schedule now. Let me know your availability and was hoping you would agree to play on the Vespucci Beach court? 

Yeah cool, i’ll Be online after the practice w/Lann so then would work? And yeah i’ll Be too busy trying not to fuck up to know which court I’m on but that works :) 

Media
12 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Yeah cool, i’ll Be online after the practice w/Lann so then would work? And yeah i’ll Be too busy trying not to fuck up to know which court I’m on but that works :) 

:D I know that feeling. I used to get it when joining racing playlists. 

21 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

On 9/21/2017 at 2:37 PM, Potato said:

• Matches are to be played between 19:00 Friday - 7:00 Monday UTC.

Unless there are unforeseen complications, correct? Either way Ally, with my 12", I'm pretty flexible during the designated times.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Media

Didn’t realise that, tbh it’s really easy for the weekend to become one massive unforeseen circumstance sometimes so I just wanted to get it out the way when I knew con and I were both on :) 

And let me guess it’s pink anaw aye