FYI Ticker
Squirrel

Kill Video of the Month - New Contest Details

Hey Guys,

Lots of discussion about a new contest has been taking place. I can now finally share the details with you. 

This event is going to be a monthly contest similar to the snapmatic contest but instead of images it will be based on your best videos of kills. 

All you have to do is post a video of a kill in the video section of the forum and write "KOTM" in the tag box. 

At the end of each month, myself and the snapmatic jury will go through the tagged videos and post up a shortlist for the crew members to vote on. 

After the vote, the winner of the best video that month will also receive an award for their profile as well as lots of admiration from the crew. 

Kill videos aren't limited to GTA either, it can be from any game, either against other players or NPC's.  It's also not limited to kills with guns either, the contest includes GTA races, Rocket League takedowns, Battlefield kill streaks etc. The only limitation is that we ask that the Rockstar Editor is not to be used. We'd like to see actual gameplay footage of the kill.

The emphasis is on the actual video itself not the kill. For example, if you capture a great angle of Dodge beating down Hatch and submit the video which then wins the competition that month then you will be eligible for the award, not Dodge for completing the kill. If Dodge wanted an award for beating Hatch he would have to submit his own video for it.

You are allowed to submit more than one video for a months competition, videos shall be selected on their merit so please use your judgement when submitting and not spam the contest with videos as we don't want to have to limit the number of entries per person.

Videos selected for the KOTM shortlist will also be featured in a highlights video on the Domestic Battery YouTube channel. By adding the KOTM tags you will be giving us permission for us to use your video on there. 

I will be going through videos submitted in July & August and asking the video owner if they are happy for them to be considered for the Summer Kill of The Month contest, for September onwards you will have to make sure you add the KOTM tags yourself and have the video in the correct section of the forum for them to be included in the competition. 

If you have any questions relating to this contest please don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

• Like 7

Brilliant man! Just brilliant! 

How do I apply to be a judge? Oh and we will have so much material for this contest in future Mondays! .... i'll explain later! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

Brilliant man! Just brilliant! 

How do I apply to be a judge? Oh and we will have so much material for this contest in future Mondays! .... i'll explain later! 

The judging is going to be done by the snapmatic panel. If you speak to @Beez he will let you know if there is availability for someone else on that panel.

Sounds awesome looking forward to seeing what kind of videos people come up with 

So non-organic kills are eligible?

24 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

So non-organic kills are eligible?

Any kill. It's mainly about video entertainment. More creative the better in my opinion :D

• Like 1