ScottyB

Small Issues

108 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, JustHatched said:

I have not done any of this, does the tag need to go on both land and stunt races or just one of them?

Sorry @JustHatched I just double checked. It would be for both types of races.

On 3/24/2017 at 5:56 AM, kernalhogan said:

Sorry @JustHatched I just double checked. It would be for both types of races.

Done, hopefully it works. The prefix and tag system breaks just by thinking about it sometimes

2 people like this

Don't know if we need at least a new tag or possibly even a whole new sub forum but we're getting a lot of real life track recreations in the creator forum now, with @zmurko and myself pushing for more all the time for our race events I think it could be better to be able to organise them especially as there seems to be some confusion over where to place these new tracks.

The majority of them are in the Stunt Race forum as they have been made using stunt props but there's also a few which have been built using stunt props in the land race forum too. 

I have done a quick count and we have about 30 real life track recreations now. I've been searching on other forums and reddit to find a good central source of real life tracks for GTA and apart from one thread on GTAF there's nothing. 

If we have a dedicated sub forum for this type of circuit we could be able to attract a lot of outside traffic towards the site which in turn could mean more members :D

2 people like this

Race forum may need a complete rehaul.

Just thinking of the top of my head right now, there are many categories of "races" and we would need to redo both, subforums and tags to properly categorize them.

For instance, where does 'Scouring the Projects' go? It's not a "proper" racing circuit, but definitely has stunt elements to it.

Then there's jobs like Atomic R-Seoul, Downtown Dash, ... which are categorized as a stunt race by R*, but are proper land racing circuits.

Then you can make a non-stunt Aqua Blazer race, which can be a normal land+sea race (non-stunt), now where would this go? Not a land race, not a stunt race, not a sea-race, ...

Then there are jobs which are races, but not really a race, I've tried something that was supposed to be a simulation of Rocket League the other day for example.

So, yeah, let's start a topic and first try to think of all possible categories and variations of races and see which ones we can group together into subforums and which one just need a special tag to better distinguish them.

I'd rather see them listed as in-game, then there can be no mistake about the job.

Land race, air race, sea race, stunt race, special vehicle race.

Otherwise you're creating more and more job types and one persons definition of a stunt race could be different to that of another person.

Edited by DavidCore89

I know, but on the other hand, its confusing when a track like Downtown Dash for example is listed as a stunt race. :/

I always have to log in to get on the website these days. Before last week, I was always connected and never had to input my password. Was very convenient.

I thought it was a bug on my part at first but since it happens on my laptop, table, phone and work PC, I'm guessing it's something else.

On my phone, if I shut down my browser, I have to log in again.

Maybe something changed with the security settings ? Could you tell me more @JustHatched ?

On 5/6/2017 at 9:31 AM, Fido_le_muet said:

I always have to log in to get on the website these days. Before last week, I was always connected and never had to input my password. Was very convenient.

I thought it was a bug on my part at first but since it happens on my laptop, table, phone and work PC, I'm guessing it's something else.

On my phone, if I shut down my browser, I have to log in again.

Maybe something changed with the security settings ? Could you tell me more @JustHatched ?

It's all cookie based, nothing I can do to fix that Fido, sorry

5 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

It's all cookie based, nothing I can do to fix that Fido, sorry

OK thanks for the answer. I'll try deleting my cookies thanks :)

Shoutbox keeps disconnecting for me and website pausing. Happened for a couple of months now.

Using Chrome and IE.

At my house and at a relatives house.

Edited by DavidCore89

14 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Shoutbox keeps disconnecting for me and website pausing. Happened for a couple of months now.

Using Chrome and IE.

At my house and at a relatives house.

This has happened to me since the old site. It's not site related, it's your browser idling on the site. Just refresh the page or even clicking somewhere usually gets it out of idle for me using chrome.

9 hours ago, Skorpion said:

This has happened to me since the old site. It's not site related, it's your browser idling on the site. Just refresh the page or even clicking somewhere usually gets it out of idle for me using chrome.

Sounds about right, that's what I'm having to do.

Bit annoying when it happens when I'm typing in the shoutbox and my text disappears.

Thanks!

There isn't a browser that doesn't pause the forum and disconnect the shoutbox for me. 

I get disconnected from the shoutbox 2 or 3 times mid-sentence, becoming a pain in the ass just to type a shout, makes me not wanna use it (good news for some).

Surely that can't be normal idle behavior because it doesn't happen on any of the other websites or forums that I use? And it hasn't always happened here, quite recently.

It's not as frequent as that for me. Usually just when I actually am idle, but it's disconnected the shoutbox while I've been typing before as well. I've had it happen on other sites, but not very often, whereas it happens quite a lot on here. It's happened for quite a while but never been as problematic as it seems to be for you, and I've not heard issues from anyone else, so I just assumed it was normal.

Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully someone else has some ideas they could share.

It's never disconnected for me while typing or even just viewing the shoutbox.  Only does it when I'm actually idle, like you said, Skorp.

It always reconnects with a simple movement of the mouse or a refresh though.  Haven't tried it with other browsers, but also haven't experienced it on other sites.  I'm definitely not getting the same issues that DC's getting though.

Edit - BTW, I'm using Chrome if that helps......or not.

Edited by no_snacks
2 people like this

Only guesswork from me really, but first check your java is up to date, Shout boxes use JScript. Other than that try keeping your mouse pointer hovered over it while using it, some i have used have function that uses this to keep it "live". Site admin might have an option to adjust the time out on it in the code in the PHP.

You could also try cleaning your browser saved info to clear any old retained data from previous versions of the chatbox if its only been doing it since a site update or maintenance. 

Other than that, I have no idea @DavidCore89, I don't know too much about IPS.

3 people like this

On 5/24/2017 at 1:59 AM, DavidCore89 said:

There isn't a browser that doesn't pause the forum and disconnect the shoutbox for me. 

I get disconnected from the shoutbox 2 or 3 times mid-sentence, becoming a pain in the ass just to type a shout, makes me not wanna use it (good news for some).

Surely that can't be normal idle behavior because it doesn't happen on any of the other websites or forums that I use? And it hasn't always happened here, quite recently.

It does use Java like @Matty said, I have never had this issue other than the 10 minute timeout for being idle which should effect everyone. I can't reproduce the issue but I will take it up with the shoutbox designer and see what they say about it. If you don't hear from me in a couple days on it send me a PM to rattle my cage about it

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor