ScottyB

Small Issues

ScottyB    2,526

If you come across any small issues that isn't worth starting a whole new thread for, then post it here.

1. When you hit return and go to a new line, it doesn't automatically put caps on for the first letter. Not sure why it doesn't automatically do it but hopefully it's an easy fix for the grammar nazis out there :P

2. The option to receive an email when there is a reply for threads you are following is greyed out in the settings. If I follow a thread, I'd like to read it via email since I'll most likely get that before I look at the website and can then go on and respond. 

ScottyB    2,526

Ive noticed that it signs me out about once a week (both on my phone and iPad) even though I have it set to remember me. I haven't cleared or changed any settings so there is no reason on my end that it shouldn't stay signed in that I know of.

JustHatched    10,562
22 hours ago, ScottyB said:

If you come across any small issues that isn't worth starting a whole new thread for, then post it here.

1. When you hit return and go to a new line, it doesn't automatically put caps on for the first letter. Not sure why it doesn't automatically do it but hopefully it's an easy fix for the grammar nazis out there :P

2. The option to receive an email when there is a reply for threads you are following is greyed out in the settings. If I follow a thread, I'd like to read it via email since I'll most likely get that before I look at the website and can then go on and respond. 

Not sure if I can do anything about #1, I will report it as a bug in the software

I can fix #2, will do so shortly

1 hour ago, ScottyB said:

Ive noticed that it signs me out about once a week (both on my phone and iPad) even though I have it set to remember me. I haven't cleared or changed any settings so there is no reason on my end that it shouldn't stay signed in that I know of.

That may be me clearing the site cache, I do that whenever I make a change to an app or a line of code. Give it about another month or so cuz I am still working out kinks here and there and if it continues let me know.

ScottyB    2,526

Awesome, thanks. I had a feeling that number 3 was you doing something like that. Not a problem, take your time to get it right :)

Dodge    6,689

There is no text alignment options for mobile. Not sure if it can be applied or not. Just sayin...

ScottyB    2,526

@JustHatched under the other consoles and gaming devices section, it only allows you to put a new thread into the PC, PS3 and PS4 section. Is it easy enough to add iOS, android, Xbox and other?

JustHatched    10,562
4 hours ago, ScottyB said:

@JustHatched under the other consoles and gaming devices section, it only allows you to put a new thread into the PC, PS3 and PS4 section. Is it easy enough to add iOS, android, Xbox and other?

Done

LN-MLB    3,097

This is not a serious issue, but I have noticed that some of the prefix tags are no longer capitalized properly, and in some cases, there are two variations of the same tag with different colors.  The examples I have noticed are from both the Vetting Notes forum and the Content Creator forum.

Like I said, perhaps not so serious, but it's sending my OCD into overdrive. : SURPRISE : : SURPRISE :

Edited by LN

JustHatched    10,562

The prefixes are acting odd since the last update for them (a week or so ago), can you list the ones you notice that are messed up.

LN-MLB    3,097
8 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

The prefixes are acting odd since the last update for them (a week or so ago), can you list the ones you notice that are messed up.

These are the ones I have noticed so far:

In Progress

Kicked

Won

We Fn Destroyed Them

H2H Planning

PS3

PS4

Postponed

Cancelled

PS4 Planning

PS4 Impromptu

PS3 Impromptu

PS4 Special

PS4 Submission

PS3 Submission

Destiny

DavidCore89    6,507

@JustHatchedIs it possible to separate the UK into it's own respectful countries should the user want to use them? (keep the UK as an option).

I know it's a common global thing to refer to it as the UK or Britain, but if anyone was to ask my nationality it would be Welsh and I'd get the Welsh flag as it's the flag of my country.

It's not a big deal, but I know I won't be the only one to immediately switch to the flag of their own country if it became available.

Not against being 'Untied' or anything, but each country in the UK is very passionate about their country. 

GTAF allows me to use my flag because Wales is a country in it's own right, but I'd understand if the software doesn't allow this to happen :)

Edited by DavidCore89

JustHatched    10,562
On 3/18/2016 at 11:31 PM, LN said:

These are the ones I have noticed so far:

In Progress

Kicked

Won

We Fn Destroyed Them

H2H Planning

PS3

PS4

Postponed

Cancelled

PS4 Planning

PS4 Impromptu

PS3 Impromptu

PS4 Special

PS4 Submission

PS3 Submission

Destiny

I see what you are looking at, if something goes wrong with a prefix then it turns it in to a tag which is a different color. I will work on it, no timeline yet.

On 3/18/2016 at 7:26 AM, DavidCore89 said:

@JustHatchedIs it possible to separate the UK into it's own respectful countries should the user want to use them? (keep the UK as an option).

I know it's a common global thing to refer to it as the UK or Britain, but if anyone was to ask my nationality it would be Welsh and I'd get the Welsh flag as it's the flag of my country.

It's not a big deal, but I know I won't be the only one to immediately switch to the flag of their own country if it became available.

Not against being 'Untied' or anything, but each country in the UK is very passionate about their country. 

GTAF allows me to use my flag because Wales is a country in it's own right, but I'd understand if the software doesn't allow this to happen :)

I'm looking into this @DavidCore89, @Squirrel brought this up sometime ago and everything I see shows it is hard coded to draw the flags from a geolocation service but for some reason it doesn't break the UK (and some other places) up even though the service clearly has them broke up. I will work on it and let you know one way or the other.

djw180    3,240

Timezones & PL start times

I've noticed that the start times for some playlists I take part in are wrong. The timers on the  Event Countdown and the Calendar do appear to be correct as far as I can tell though. It's just what's posted in the PL topics

It's because of the various changes to daylight saving time and what we mean by GMT. Some seem to have altered their start times. Some (including the one I co-host) haven't, that's because as I recall from last year on this website we use the term "GMT" to mean "UK-time". But generally in the UK "GMT" means the time in our winter and when we change to daylight saving in March we call it BST (British Summer Time).

Anyway, what we call it doesn't really matter so long as we're consistent and everyone knows. But that's doesn't seem to be the case.

Examples, Frenetic Fridays, Mixed EU (Xyon, Wednesday) have a 9pm GMT start, and do start at 9pm UK time

But Plex's Demo Daze (Tuesday) says 9pm GMT but starts 10pm UK time, if I have it the right way that is technically correct, but it's not how we used the term GMT here previously.

I think Australia has just or will soon switch back from daylight saving time, so that could complicate things even more.

As long as the events countdown and calendar are right I guess it's not a big issue, but it can confuse people.

Edited by djw180

DavidCore89    6,507

That's why PL timers are always off lately, some do not realize that GMT does not mean UK time, or anything to do with the UK for that matter.

People from the UK are the worst for referring to GMT as UK time though.

GMT is simply the worlds standard time.

Edited by DavidCore89

Skorpion    1,773
1 hour ago, djw180 said:

I think Australia has just or will soon switch back from daylight saving time, so that could complicate things even more.

As long as the events countdown and calendar are right I guess it's not a big issue, but it can confuse people.

Both Aussie PLs are accurate.

djw180    3,240
1 hour ago, Skorpion said:

Both Aussie PLs are accurate.

Thanks Skorp,

But that means the calendar is wrong. It says Fun Down Under is 9AM for me. Your thread says 10AM GMT, i.e. 11AM current UK time and the countdown matches that.

LN-MLB    3,097

Perhaps we should use UTC instead of GMT to avoid confusion.

Some hosts asked me to update the times based on the time changes, others did not.  I think due to the time change, Complex's event would start at 10 pm BST unless he wants to move it back an hour to reflect the original starting time.

I'm not sure if all the timers have been fully adjusted.  @JustHatchedor @zmurkowould need to edit those.

With that said, hosts and non-hosts alike, if you notice any errors, please let me know as soon as possible.  Hosts--if you want to move your event back an hour or change the time entirely, please also let me know as well.

Thanks! :)

JustHatched    10,562
5 hours ago, LN said:

Perhaps we should use UTC instead of GMT to avoid confusion.

Some hosts asked me to update the times based on the time changes, others did not.  I think due to the time change, Complex's event would start at 10 pm BST unless he wants to move it back an hour to reflect the original starting time.

I'm not sure if all the timers have been fully adjusted.  @JustHatchedor @zmurkowould need to edit those.

With that said, hosts and non-hosts alike, if you notice any errors, please let me know as soon as possible.  Hosts--if you want to move your event back an hour or change the time entirely, please also let me know as well.

Thanks! :)

I'm fine using UTC instead

LN-MLB    3,097
33 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

I'm fine using UTC instead

I can go through and update each event this week.

The confusion over GMT would explain that H2H conflict with WHRE that I hosted year before last.  They showed up an hour early and proceeded to explain to me that GMT and BST were one and the same.

Kudisanga    366

Having a issue on mobile regarding new unread content. On old one it used to go last page i read but now only go to first page, done some fiddling with settings but i can't put it right. What i am missing? Even create a custom activity still only ahows the first page not the last……

JustHatched    10,562
9 hours ago, Kudisanga said:

Having a issue on mobile regarding new unread content. On old one it used to go last page i read but now only go to first page, done some fiddling with settings but i can't put it right. What i am missing? Even create a custom activity still only ahows the first page not the last……

Unless someone else knows you will have to give me a couple days on that one. I don't use the activity streams so I will need to play with it to see,

On 4/8/2016 at 4:46 PM, Kudisanga said:

Does it work if you press the blue circle? It sometimes takes a while to load the first unread post on my phone but finds it eventually. Probably my shitty wifi causing the delay though.

Kudisanga    366
On 04/09/2016 at 8:00 PM, silenttigercd said:

Does it work if you press the blue circle? It sometimes takes a while to load the first unread post on my phone but finds it eventually. Probably my shitty wifi causing the delay though.

It does load all unread but when i press the the topic only goes to the first page and some topics have multiples pages.

Suppose i can live with that

JustHatched    10,562
11 hours ago, silenttigercd said:

I'm using Chrome on Android. Has anyone found a way to delete @tags and quotes from the reply box? 

I read this first from my phone (chome/android) and quoted this and was able to back space to delete them (I just to lazy to actually type from my phone). What are you seeing?

ScottyB    2,526

This site seems to be getting slower. It literally takes 10 seconds to submit a reply post to any topic and things take a while to load in general. 

This is both on my fast computer with a decent connection (30mbps down) and on my iphone 6. This is a pretty big problem because people won't bother posting stuff or reading things if it takes too long to load.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.