djw180

non-racing Crew Challenges

djw180    2,997

The next non-racing challenge I am thinking of is Gang Attacks. This won't be the next challenge (that's a team time trial), it will be the one after that.

Basic idea,

• do some gang attacks, 3 probably a good number
  • standard weapons only (no mk II versions from the Gunrunning update as not everyone will have them)
  • no explosives, no RPGs, no miniguns etc
  • maybe we could specifiy a type of weapon to use?
    • maybe different weapon for each one, e.g. one pistol, one shot gun, one rifle?
  • BPHs allowed
  • no phone callses to anyone, must not be as an MC / CEO / VIP (so all abilities they may give not allowed)
  • hand held weapons only, no using any vehicles - and to keep things simple that includes no using a vehicle to get into a good location to start with
  • video them
  • they don't all have to be in one video, so you can do each one seperately, repeat as many times as you like

2 possible ways to score them

1. fastest time for specified gang attacks
    • if this option then must be done solo
    • could be timed from when the "Gang Attack" message appears at the top of the screen to when the full screen "Gang Attack Passed" appears
    • problem with timing specific ones is they only appear at certain times of the day and once attempted don't re-appear. So that could limit how many attempts you can make
  2. do any 3 (or whatever number we decide)
    • 1 point per kill
    • bonus points for headshots, point blank kills and any thing else the final score screen shows as more than just a simple kill
    • lose points if you die

I'm leaning towards option 2 as that leaves the choice of which ones to do to you. You could do easy ones with not many enemies knowing you won't get killed or take on more difficult ones to get more kills but risk dieing.

Comments please :)

Edited by djw180

pete_95973    2,024

Sounds fun.  I like both options.  Either one should have a hefty penalty for dying.  Almost to the point where it is not worth it if you die.  In my opinion.

I also like the idea of a specific weapon that has to be used.  Maybe a different gun for each attack.  Would be fun trying to do it without dying with only SNS pistol! LOL.

I would also add stipulation like no vehicles allowed to assist you and no using Merrywether.  Probably obvious but should be mentioned I guess?

Edited by pete_95973

kernalhogan    552
36 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I also like the idea of completing a Gang Attack with only a pistol. Possibly do a unique weapon for two of them and players choice for the third. 

The second option for scoring sounds better, but I could go either way. Not sure about the armour penalty. I'd rather it be all or nothing regarding snacks/armour.

Lann    4,315
1 hour ago, djw180 said:

Can it be done only counting the total time it took you to complete 3 of them including travelling between them, so time only and doing 3 in a certain order with certain weapons?  So timer starts once first gang attack starts, and ends once third attack is over? 

Edited by Lann

djw180    2,997

More on the next Gang Attacks challenge.

I'm going for the points rather than timed option, but with a time limit and penalty points if you go over that. I've decided against a timed challenge as to do that I think I'd need to specify which gang attacks to do. There's a lot to choose from, I've not got the time, nor the desire, to try them all. What I do know is the number and strength of the gang members can vary alot, 15 to 30 enemies and some can have miniguns. Each one only occurs at a specific time of day (morning, noon, night) and once done won't reappear till the next day (I think). So making multiple attempts at specific gang attacks is not that easy. With the points option any of them can be done so if you mess up one you can find another, on at that time of day, to try.

I've had a look at quite a few videos and average time to complete is around 2 1/2 minutes. Some of those are not done solo, we're going to do these with restrictions on weapons. So I reckon a time limit of 4 minutes should be OK.

Proposed rules

• complete any different 3 gang attacks, each with a different class of weapon from the options below
    • one using only a pistol, heavy pistol, combat pistol, SNS pistol or vintage pistol
    • one using only a sawn off shotgun, pump shotgun or double barrel shotgun
    • one using only an compact rifle, assault rfile, carbine, advanced rifle, special carbine or bullpup rifle
    • any weapon modifcations obtained from Ammunation may be used
    • no modifcations or ammunation from a Gunrunning bunker / MOC may be used
      • so no mark II versions, no enhanced ammunition
    • also no using the ballistic equipment (no idea myself what use that may be, not got it, but may as well rule it out)
  • any kills obtained with any other weapon (including running people over in vehicles) invalidate that attempt
    • mele kills are allowed so long as it's using the specified weapons
  • they must be done solo
  • you may not make use of personal vehicles in any way
    • you can't use an amoured car and shoot from inside or use it for cover
    • you can't use a helicopter to get on top of a building
    • or any other way that a personal vehicle might help
  • it does not matter which gang attack you do with each weapon, so long as it's one for each class of weapon, and you do 3 different ones
  • video your gang attacks, starting the video showing which weapon you begin with (any change of weapon will of course be shown in the video) and keep your video running to show the final score and breakdown at the end
    • you can submit one video with all 3 gang attacks or seperate ones
  • timing will start from when the "gang attack" message appears and finish when "gang attack PASSED" appears
  • each gang attack is scored as
    • 1 point for each kill
    • 1 extra point for each specific kill type shown on the screen after you complete it, headshots, point blank, (any others I don't know about, don't think there are any, no mele kill category?)
    • -5 points for each death
    • -1 point for every 5 seconds you take over 4 minutes (or whatever time limit we decide on)
  • In the event of a tie on scores then whoever completes all 3 in the fastest total time wins
  • no usng your phone during the gang attacks
    • to rule out Merryweather, Pegasus vehicles, etc
    • no using any MC, CEO or VIP abilities

Other information

• there is a thread on GTA forums about gang attacks, it has a map showing their location and what time of day each appears
  • the number of gang members and their weapons varies, some will be a lot easier to complete, some will be more difficult but have more potential points, it's up to you to decide which you want to do
  • make as many attempts as you like but only submit videos at the end
  • bullet proof helmets and armour may be worn and snacks can be used to heal

@pete_95973 @kernalhogan @Lann + anyone else, does that look OK?

Specificaly the time limit, weapon restrictions, points.

Pete I know you suggested the penalty for dieing should be higher, but I think it could be very difficult for some to avoid dieing given the weapon restrictions (definitely in my case from what I've tried).

Basically the idea is you'll win this by doing the 30 gang member attacks, getting mainly headshots, not dieing and not going over 4 minutes. But if someone wants to do the easier 15 enemy ones, get killed or take a long time, they can just to take part in the challenge.

Edited by djw180

kernalhogan    552

Looks good DJ. Should be an interesting challenge, hope there's a good turn out.

3 hours ago, djw180 said:

Pete I know you suggested the penalty for dieing should be higher, but I think it could be very difficult for some to avoid dieing given the weapon restrictions (definitely in my case from what I've tried).

The penalty for dying seems about right. I gave it a trial run with only a pistol, didn't save the video but I would estimate I scored a (-8) after all my death penalties. It was a poor attempt so the score is no surprise. With a little tactics and possibly a better choice of Gang Attack location, a positive score should be easy to obtain.

Don't want to see any attempts get invalidated, so definitely highlight this part:

4 hours ago, djw180 said:

starting the video showing which weapon you begin with

djw180    2,997

Are the gun restrictions OK?

Pistols it's basically the failry normal ones (pistol, combat, heavy) plus the less powerful (unlikely to be used, but no issue if they are)

Shotguns pump and sawn off are the obvious ones, I've allowed double barreled because it has such a slow re-load. Assault, heavy and sweeper not allowed because of their rapid rate of fire. Not sure abou the bullbup, that may be OK to use (not over powerful)?

Rifles, all of them allowed - just added compact rifle in that I missed earlier.

Edited by djw180

no_snacks    3,461

This looks good and sounds like fun, @djw180.

Can't see any obvious problems with the rules or scoring.  I like the weapon restrictions too.  Should be a challenging challenge. :)

Lann    4,315

An idea for a non racing challenge :

Alpha Predator 

Kill 10 different randoms in a public lobby in the shortest time possible. 

Rules: No killing with aircrafts.No off radar or turn blind eye. Calling Lester to remove wanted level is ok, dying is ok.Sending muggers, Merryweather or placing bounties to distract is ok. Merryweather killing for you don't count. 

Save a video.

Explosive sniper rounds need to be excluded?  The Oppressor allowed?

Edited by Lann

Lann    4,315

Rockstar created jobs - Leaders - XDBX 

Any type of job counts. 

1st in crew 10 points, 2nd in crew 9 points... and so on.

10 extra points if top 10 globally. 

A world record 100 points? 

The position must be held at the deadline.  Maybe extend it to two weeks. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.