JustHatched

What did you do today?

zmurko    6,691

Nice one pete! Looks like my kind of place, mountains, forests, water, ...

pete_95973    2,365
On 6/16/2017 at 2:00 AM, zmurko said:

Nice one pete! Looks like my kind of place, mountains, forests, water, ...

Yeah it is truly one of my favorite places on earth.  So beautiful and peaceful. 

zztop911    1,015

Spent most of the day cleaning up outside from a early morning storm that had stupid fast straight line winds with ungodly amount of lightning and heavy rain! Lightning killed the bedroom TV and satellite Joey controller box. It also blew something in my electric driveway gate. There was a VERY close lightning strike...not direct, but close enough to screw stuff up.

It was pretty rough for about 5 solid min. and I actually got a bit afraid. I hadn't seen straight line wind like that in well over 20 years. The radar didn't give a clue that it was going to be that bad! I can only guess that the thunderstorm collapsed and the horrible wind and rain was the result.

Fun fun fun...................NOT!!!!!

Beez    4,122

Got laid off today. :( I'd like to play more GTA but not this way.

on the plus side I'm thinking of hosting another NA time zone playlist.

pete_95973    2,365
9 minutes ago, Beez said:

Oh no Beez I am so sorry to hear that!  What a bummer.

Regarding the playlist idea, that would be one silver lining :)  You were my favorite host when I was a new member and started playing playlists!

no_snacks    3,529
1 hour ago, Beez said:

That really sucks, Beez.  Sorry, mate. :(

I know you loved working there, with all the Nerf Gun wars and promotional trips on motorcycles etc.  Working in the same industry as your hobby was a real bonus too.  Hope you got a decent redundancy package/payout (not sure if you have them in the States) to ease the pain a little. 

As for you hosting another NA playlist, I'm definitely up for that.  Will join whenever I can. :)

omarcomin71    1,716

Damn @Beezthat really is a bummer!  Hopefully you can look back and have it be a positive thing.  Sometimes these things turnout to be blessings in disguise. 

Oh and I'd love another NA playlist! :) 

Edited by omarcomin71

Fido_le_muet    4,224

Really sorry to hear that Beez :(

Was it in the air or was it completely unexpected ? 

zmurko    6,691

Damn Beez, that really sucks, especially since it looked like a dream job. You'll find something else soon, I'm sure. In the meantime you can enjoy all your new gained free time and join some EU playlists during the day.

zztop911    1,015

Dammit Beez!

I've never been laid off, unless you can call it when I lost a job when my company merged with another company and they just stopped doing that job anymore.

Positive note, I had a job offer 2 days after the results of the merger went public. It was essentially a promotion and a huge pay increase.

Ya never know what may happen. One door closes and another opens!

Good luck bro!

Blew over a grand replacing some of the stuff that got zapped this week!:GRIMACE:

zztop911    1,015

At just over a year at my new home, I killed my first poisonous snake, a fat copperhead. I was going to take a picture after I brought it to the house, but my Smokey and her tom cat boy friend ate it up while I was in the house! There was very little left after I took time to eat a "sammich".

I only kill poisonous snakes and I hate copperheads the most. At least a rattlesnake will most times let you know he's there.

SINISTER120    1,282

Technically not today but last night I attended the NASCAR race at Daytona Speedway.

Image may contain: outdoor

zztop911    1,015

I created myself a simply orgasmic meal.

I passed by a new meat market and stopped in to check it out. I found some beautiful whole rib-eye cuts and the butcher made me a glorious 1 1/2 cut that was a sight to see.

I haven't used my new smoker as a grill, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity.

I grilled the marinated steak to perfection with great caramelization .

It was pure perfection!........................ALMOST as good as a visit from my hot FWB!

FWB....Friend With Benefits ;)

zmurko    6,691

Mmmmmm, rib-eye is the best cut of meat!

I wouldn't marinate it at all, it only needs salt and paper (and some butter) at the end when it's resting if it's a good cut, something like black Angus, preferably from AU or Ireland. Of course in this case it needs to be grilled over some good charcoal as well, on something like Green Egg, so it gets smoked as well. Medium-rare, 48-52 degrees C. :D

Fuck! Now I'm salivating. :SLOBBER:

zztop911    1,015
9 hours ago, Squirrel said:

@zztop911 I'm disappointed by lack of pictures. Definitely need to see that!

No way I could take the time to take a picture. It was screaming,"Eat me!" So I graciously complied!

zztop911    1,015
9 hours ago, zmurko said:

Mmmmmm, rib-eye is the best cut of meat!

I wouldn't marinate it at all, it only needs salt and paper (and some butter) at the end when it's resting if it's a good cut, something like black Angus, preferably from AU or Ireland. Of course in this case it needs to be grilled over some good charcoal as well, on something like Green Egg, so it gets smoked as well. Medium-rare, 48-52 degrees C. :D

Fuck! Now I'm salivating. :SLOBBER:

I marinated it in the Cabernet Sauvignon,  that I was going to drink with it, and crushed garlic. Just before cooking it, I lightly applied some Weber Chicago steak seasoning and applied some Bertolli olive oil. On top of the bed of charcoals were a couple of sticks of pecan wood. It was hot enough to get a really nice sear pretty quickly. It's a sin to cook a quality piece of meat to anything other than rare or medium-rare.

JustHatched    10,590

I wasn't able to take over the world today :it-s-not-fair:

Put the spit shine on my S10 today for big car show tomorrow

Crawford1872    1,554
4 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

I wasn't able to take over the world today :it-s-not-fair:

Put the spit shine on my S10 today for big car show tomorrow

We wanna see pictures of tomorrow plz, not spent long over this side of the pond but already seen far more nice cars/trucks than we've got back in the UK. 

JustHatched    10,590
1 minute ago, Crawford1872 said:

We wanna see pictures of tomorrow plz, not spent long over this side of the pond but already seen far more nice cars/trucks than we've got back in the UK. 

Will do, about 350 cars of all types (might even see a Euro car or 2) and years are expected tomorrow

TheBoyBry    748
1 hour ago, Crawford1872 said:

You're not looking in the right places then ;)

Crawford1872    1,554
4 minutes ago, TheBoyBry said:

You're not looking in the right places then ;)

Lol, we just can't afford them up north proper :D 

zmurko    6,691
8 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

I went a walk today 

@Xyon14 and @zmurko will be happy to hear that I agree, back in Scotland we just have tiny little slightly raised bits, no mountains ?

Gorgeous. Didnt picture you as a hiker though. :P

I'm going on a short hike tomorrow as well, nothing big, but there should be some good views, especially since the sky will be crisply washed from todays weather. I'll have the camera with me and I'll show you mountains. :D

Danielle    3,112
7 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

I went a walk today 

@Xyon14 and @zmurko will be happy to hear that I agree, back in Scotland we just have tiny little slightly raised bits, no mountains ?

That water looks incredible!

Crawford1872    1,554
6 hours ago, Danielle said:

That water looks incredible!

Unfortunately that bit was closed because bears are dicks ?

6 hours ago, zmurko said:

Gorgeous. Didnt picture you as a hiker though. :P

I'm going on a short hike tomorrow as well, nothing big, but there should be some good views, especially since the sky will be crisply washed from todays weather. I'll have the camera with me and I'll show you mountains. :D

Yeah I like finding interesting places back home sorta, the less people that know about it the better it makes it haha

zztop911    1,015

Finally got around to cleaning the engine bay of the Crown Vic Sport. By the first picture, you can see why I wasn't in a hurry to dive into to it. LOL!

http://imgur.com/a/wWXr6

I don't have my little steam cleaning unit anymore, so I had to use brushes, air and citrus chemicals. They don't make my favorite detailing spray any longer, CD2 Engine Shine, so I used a Gunk product. I don't really care for it as it adds a couple steps and we'll see if it attracts dust. It's clean and I can work on it without getting totally filthy. The hood insulation pad still needs to be cleaned and probably dyed.

https://imgur.com/a/wWXr6

For some reason, it's not letting me insert media thru a link.

Edited by zztop911

zmurko    6,691

Went for lunch up in the mountains.

That's a sauerkraut/beans stew with a smoked sausage (on the right), Žganci with cracklings (made from buckwheat flour) and soured milk made from fresh local cows (similar to yoghurt, just different bacterias used I think). :D

NcQUPjv.jpg

Some more photos:

HphXo7o.jpg

XhMtxsg.jpg

FqZ4sWz.jpg

pCBAvLb.jpg

tJhmosM.jpg

rOO4gtl.jpg

IfjiIBk.jpg

3wfcUW4.jpg