JustHatched

What did you do today?

Maha    346

Today was the first day in a long time that I didn't go outside. Not even on the terrace. I had the window open. I had the cool autumn breeze in. But that was it :)

JustHatched    10,518

For today (and the last few days) have done the normal shop shit, also mowed, done some work and building on the chicken coops, looked over all the roofs on all the barns, garage, shop, house, and wedding chapel. Been getting alot of outside crap put up for the winter, graded the driveway, washed and waxed the lawn mower, washed and waxed the HHR, twisted my knee and got attacked by one of the roosters (he got booted across the pen).

rumdig    1,116

...got attacked by one of the roosters (he got booted across the pen).

Hell yeah, kick that little bastard (just don't get caught choking him) :D

I spent the last few days in a crappy oil town in New Mexico, working at a power plant. While there we setup instrumentation for a series of turbine, condenser, and pump tests.

Jaggy    3,276

Yeah, don't be so hard on the cock, Hatch. :lol:

Thank you.  I was hoping I wasn't the only one thinking about Hatch kicking a cock.

skip_rat    445

In amongst the usual weekend household chores I decided to repair the joypad that had a little 'accident' during a particularly frustrating GTA session.  :lol: (Although it had a pretty hard life playing GT6 and uncharted too).

Open joypad surgery:

joypad1.jpg

It took a repair to the casing with hot glue, resolder the dislodged vibration motor and replaced the damaged joypad thumbsticks but it survived:

joypad2.jpg

All it cost was £3 for the button kit off eBay (I didn't bother to replace them all, just the damaged ones). I need to test it fully, but I will be blaming all race losses on this joypad, even if I'm using the new one I bought.  : CRAZY :

zmurko    6,639

Got up early, supported friends and family running in the Ljubljana Marathon (10K), celebrated with the runners with a beer downtown, had lunch with my close family, raced my Weeny and tried to upgrade some old websites. All in all, a pretty decent Sunday. :D

Ronny    1,346

Celebrated my 2 year old Son today, followed with trying to host a Pl and got even more angry at R*

So basically has worked my ass of and then bitch slapped by R*, all over a good day..

Jaggy    3,276

I woke up feeling like death, and now I'm feeling more like death warmed over.

: FIRE :

Go take a nap... or come get some cookies.  :D

Dodge    6,625

Spent the last 2 days with the family. Bonfires, weiner roasting, s'mores, hay rack rides, ATV races, pumpkin carving, a little automotive repair work, fire wood chopping, with lots and lots of beer. Oh and we also had beer.

Edited by Dodgeservice

skip_rat    445

Sunday is household chores day , but in between cleaning and tidying I decided to repair a piece of 80's computer kit I've been meaning to look at since I bought it in a junk sale months ago.

So here is the patient, only half the keys work and it needed an old analogue TV to display a picture:

spec1.jpg

Keyboard repair was simple, just unscrew and replace membrane, but getting a composite output required some quality carnage:

spec2.jpg

I managed not to set fire to the office carpet and was rewarded with a fully working Sinclair Spectrum (which I will probably eBay towards my PS4 fund  :lol: ):

spec3.jpg

DavidCore89    6,450

Yeah C64 FTW!

Had one of those Spectrums too (well my brother did).

People these days think GTA takes a long time to load...

What did I do today?

Nothing, it's Sunday  ;).

ronin    655

That is one fine job there Skip !

But just like Z I was more of a Commodore/Atari 2600 type of guy :D (Space Invaders anyone?).

OT, didn't do anything noteworthy today. Woohoo.

Torrid    752

In amongst the usual weekend household chores I decided to repair the joypad that had a little 'accident' during a particularly frustrating GTA session.  :lol: (Although it had a pretty hard life playing GT6 and uncharted too).

Open joypad surgery:

joypad1.jpg

It took a repair to the casing with hot glue, resolder the dislodged vibration motor and replaced the damaged joypad thumbsticks but it survived:

joypad2.jpg

All it cost was £3 for the button kit off eBay (I didn't bother to replace them all, just the damaged ones). I need to test it fully, but I will be blaming all race losses on this joypad, even if I'm using the new one I bought.  : CRAZY :

These things are not fun to put back together. I had a controller with a cracked case and another with bad internals so I combined the good parts. The L and R buttons were a pain to keep lined up.

skip_rat    445

I've never had a C64. It was Spectrum/ST/Amiga then PS1/2/3 for me. I noticed that there is a bit of a market for retro computer stuff on eBay these days so I've been picking stuff up at boot fairs. Latest was an Atari ST for £5 but it needs a major cleanup.

All of the computers came with a load of games and peripherals so I hope to make a bit of cash once its all cleaned up and tested.

These things are not fun to put back together. I had a controller with a cracked case and another with bad internals so I combined the good parts. The L and R buttons were a pain to keep lined up.

It took me 3 attempts and a bit of cursing.  :lol:

Danielle    3,103

It was my nephews 2nd birthday so we took him to Edinburgh zoo, it was freezing! Then went back to my brothers for cake and now I'm home chilling out with pizza, beer and GTA! A very nice Sunday :)

wraignbow    759

It was my nephews 2nd birthday so we took him to Edinburgh zoo, it was freezing! Then went back to my brothers for cake and now I'm home chilling out with pizza, beer and GTA! A very nice Sunday :)

Now you made me want to get a pizza!

BlackRabbit    132

A bit late but for Halloween we went to a concert that played until 3am-ish. The band more than embarrasingly called the wife and I up on stage and said that they wanted us to dance while they played the Addams Family. Well, first, we can't dance..so that was going to be interesting. Second, when they said Addams Family, they apparently meant the M.C.Hammer version, not the TV theme song. I'd say that things went fine, we didn't knock anything over, didn't trip and fall over cords (or each other) on stage and only bumped into the bass player once :D It was definitely memorable. 

GomezMorticia.jpg

GomezMorticia2.jpg