Protocawl

ps4 DiRT Rally (& the XDBX League)

1 hour ago, Beez said:

Thank heavens there is that much time left! I thought I might miss this one. I'll do it sometime once I get home. Sounds like I need to really take care of the car. 

Yeah, Finland is always tricky. The roads are so fast that any crash can be your last.

Edited by Protocawl

The ditches on the side of the roads are treacherous. Pay attention to the navigator when calls a turn directly following a dip, crest, or jump. Brakes do not work when the car is in the air. 😁

Well I completed the rally of a thousand Lakes.

My rally was ok my car do you know when a slide too much so I was a bit under steering I know first four stages I was just winning the stages by about 8 seconds I wish but I'm the fifth stage I run that by 2 and a half minutes and also my car was sliding just as I wanted it to say I was real quick on that one and no crashes Beauty

Is a video of Stage 2 in the dark

1 hour ago, Beez said:

I won't make the next round. I'm going out of town for the 20-29th and won't have PS4. 

Enjoy your vacation. 

7 hours ago, Beez said:

I won't make the next round. I'm going out of town for the 20-29th and won't have PS4. 

Have fun since you're in the Northern Hemisphere you can go rally driving the snow I would love to try that one day nice not much snow here around Sydney

@Crawford1872

and anyone else who's thinking of buying DiRT Rally on sale:

The current sale with a price of just £12.49 ends midnight tonight, so if you miss out, you'll probably have to wait quite a few months for another price like that. At least on PS Store.

All done.  Racing in the snow went better than I expected, although I was being very careful.  No real big crashes except for the one right at the end of stage four.  I was coming up to cross what I assumed was the finish line, so I stopped trying to turn the corner.  Turns out it wasn't the finish line and I ended up on my side in the bushes with the actual finish line about 100 yards away.

Only got video of the last stage, so you can all see my ridiculous fuck up.  Also, this stage is intense in vr!  Glad I managed to keep my lights for the whole thing!

1st proper season of the XDBX Rally League has finished!

I'll post the results and all my remaining videos sometime this week. Next season will begin next week/weekend, but I might host some small event separately this weekend, remains to be decided.

I had a good rally the second stage is really hard to see went in the shadows and the bright light

I finally uploaded all the videos from each stage enjoy

Got a lot on my hands this week, so might push the start of Season 2 to next week instead. Same goes for the uploading of results of Season 1.

@Road2fury, @LimeGreenLegend, @Beez, @Dodge

With all the preparations for the anniversary I've had little time to get this sorted, so I think the best idea is to start the next season at the beginning of February, once the Anniversary has passed.

@Crawford1872 If I'm not mistaken, DiRT Rally is on sale on PS Store again, for a pound less than last time even, until the first few days of February! If you get the chance... ;)

15 hours ago, Road2fury said:

So when do you think next season will start

In the middle of sorting out the rally stages for the new season, then I can start it. Will also post results from last season and all the info about the new season this week We'll start the season next week. That's a promise.

My season 1:

Event 1 - Germany

Struggled properly on all stages, plenty of crashes.

Stage 1

Stage 3

Event 2 - Wales

I had a pretty abysmal welsh rally due to my gung-ho approach. First two stages saw lots of mistakes and crashes, including an epic rollover on stage 2. I believe stage 4 was the cleanest and fastest of all. Stage 5 was very eventful and there was another epic crash right before the 2nd split. By the end the car sounded absolutely terrible for obvious reasons. :D (timestamps for specific stages are on the YT page)

Video of the entire rally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHOPp2ZH5RI

Event 3 - Finland

First 2 stages were filled with massive crashes and I was limping on 2 wheels for most of stage 2 (lost a total of 3 tires, repaired one), which eventually brought about my retirement from the rally on stage 5. Stages 3 & 4 were rather fast and gave hope to climb back, but a blown engine on stage 5 left me at the very bottom of the leaderboard of rally Finland.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4              S4 Replay

Stage 5

Event 4 - Sweden

Definitely the best rally of the season for me, but not without a fair share of small mistakes.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Full season results will follow in the next post and the post after that will come on Monday with all the info on Season 2.

Edited by Protocawl
Decided to go spoiler-free.

3 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

My season 1:

Event 1 - Germany

Struggled properly on all stages, plenty of crashes.

Event 2 - Wales

I had a pretty abysmal welsh rally due to my gung-ho approach. First two stages saw lots of mistakes and crashes, including an epic rollover on stage 2. I believe stage 4 was the cleanest and fastest of all. Stage 5 was very eventful and there was another epic crash right before the 2nd split. By the end the car sounded absolutely terrible for obvious reasons. :D (timestamps for specific stages are on the YT page)

Event 3 - Finland

First 2 stages were filled with massive crashes, which eventually brought about my retirement from the rally on stage 5. Stages 3 & 4 were rather fast and gave hope to climb back, but a blown engine on stage 5 left me at the very bottom of the leaderboard of rally Finland.

Reveal hidden contents

Event 4 - Sweden

Definitely the best rally of the season for me, but not without a fair share of small mistakes.

Reveal hidden contents

Full season results will follow in the next post and the post after that will come on Monday with all the info on Season 2.

What's this game like? Been thinking of getting it.

5 minutes ago, D-Rocks09 said:

What's this game like? Been thinking of getting it.

Once I get the spoiler-filled post sorted out (spoilers are a mess, complete P.I.T.A), then you can watch some of the videos and some more videos are coming shortly. You'll pretty much see what it's like.

XDBX League Season 1 Summary

Vehicle Class: F2 Kit Cars

Events: 4 (Germany, Wales, Finland, Sweden)

Germany

3 Stages

(Total times weren't saved)

Road2fury +25 Points  (=25 total)

Proto +18 Pts   (=18)

Dodge +15 Pts  (=15)

Lime +12 Pts  (=12)

Beez +10 Pts  (=10)

Wales

5 Stages

c7Yzp82.jpg

Road2fury +25 Pts  (=50)

Beez +18 Pts  (=28)

Dodge +15 Pts  (=30)

Proto +12 Pts  (=30)

Lime +10 Pts  (=22)

Finland

6 Stages

(after 5 stages:)

ajL8lWE.jpg

Road2fury +25 Pts  (=75)

Dodge +18 Pts  (=48)

Beez +15 Pts  (=43)

Lime +12 Pts  (=34)

Proto +0 Pts  (=30)

Sweden

4 Stages

Px740et.jpg

Road2fury +25 Pts  (=100)

Proto +18 Pts  (=48)

Lime +15 Pts  (=49)

Dodge +12 Pts  (=60)

Beez +0 Pts  (=43)

Final Standings

1. @Road2fury   100 Pts
  2. @Dodge   60 Pts
  3. @LimeGreenLegend   49 Pts
  4. @Protocawl   48 Pts
  5. @Beez   43 Pts

(I also fixed the last post with all my videos and decided to do it without spoilers. Go check it out! Here's the quick link: http://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/topic/15528-dirt-rally/?do=findComment&comment=196295)    

[nudge to you too, @D-Rocks09 & @Crawford1872]

I also made a compilation video for all of you to enjoy of my most spectacular mishaps, jumps and slides:

My Season 1 Highlights:

Season 2 info coming shortly...

Edited by Protocawl

Has anyone else completed the first event? Just curious. 

@ssracingn2 see if you can find your game disc and join us. @omarcomin71 you love the GTA rally cars, consider joining us too.