djw180    3,240

Date of Event: TBC, probably a Wednesday

Time of Event in UTC: TBC, probably 20:00 or 21:00 (if after daylight saving ends)

Does Event Repeat: no

If Event Repeats/How Often: 

Event Host: DJ

Amount of Players Allowed: 16 - 30, depends on jobs used

Special Rules for Event: none

Description of Event: A playlist of jobs on the theme of the Air

I'm posting here to get ideas, feedback and see who would be interested. It will almost certainly take place during one of the Whacked Out Wednesday's slots, so if that's the case there'll be no need to approve this and add to the calendar. I'll just add to the OP of the WoW thread.

With the recent updates, we now have a lot more jobs using aircraft or flying cars. So I thought a playlist based on the Air is in order.

Ideas for types of job

• air races
  • parachuting
  • bombushka run
  • overtime rumble / shootout
  • Ruiner 2K races - if they have a significant parachuting element, some do not
  • stunt races including multiple big jumps
  • drop zone
  • captures with aircraft as the capture vehicles, or using aircraft and / or parachutes to get to the capture bags
  • vehicle TDM and LTS in Lazers or Buzzards

Any more that could be added?

Obviously there is scope for people to make new jobs for this.

Who would be interested? For me to host then Wednesday 9pm GMT/BST is the best time. I know that's not so great for everyone in America or Australia. So if there's more interest at another time this could be made a one off event at that other time.

Edited by djw180

Squirrel    4,506

Sounds interesting and a perfect opportunity to get some air based footage too. I can try get a pass for extra gaming in the evening. 

Only downside I see is the Wednesday night clash with Destiny. Aren’t the big raids released on these days?

djw180    3,240
38 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Sounds interesting and a perfect opportunity to get some air based footage too. I can try get a pass for extra gaming in the evening. 

Only downside I see is the Wednesday night clash with Destiny. Aren’t the big raids released on these days?

@Jesse is doing a Wednesday night in a couple of weeks, postponed from last week because a raid was released, so I assume they are not every week. But not playing Destiny myself I have no idea other than that. Who else would this be likely to effect?

Con    1,815

If it works for me schedule wise, I'll rsvp. Flying isn't my thing but you guys are too fun not to play with and I need a reason to wear these flight suits that cost an arm and a leg.

Squirrel    4,506

I’ve had an idea for a flare gun based capture involving the new vehicles. When are you thinking of hosting this?

pete_95973    2,305

This sounds fun.  I have been meaning to host a similar all air Two Bros.  Would love to play but being during work hours NA time i probably can't make it.

JustHatched    10,562

Depending on what us going on at the shop I might be able to join. Figure a 25% chance I could on any day thru the week.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lann
      It would be great to throw some ideas around.
      Off road and wilderness - like rockcrawling races, sniper matches in the wilderness kind of stuff. Maybe suitsble for a relaxed h2h.
      Amazing stunts - finding some really stunty stunt races like the ”mega this, super that and this vs that” kind of jobs that can be found on top of the RSC lists all the time. Could also be a more relaxed h2h setup.
      Rockstar dirty contact races in all classes - maybe even gta mode. All out dirty racing. Do all classes on all R* tracks. Maybe a crew battle against VANS?
      A one hour capture freeroam style - 15 vs 15 on a large map with two good bases and ability to steal from other teams base. Owned weapons and alot of placed vehicles. Cops, traffic and all ON.

• By JustHatched
      STO 3vs3 Tournament
      How to enter: Simply send your entry fee to Hatched@JustHatched, entry fee per team is 1,200,000 Energy Credits. Have a selected team captain, this person will be the contact person to set up a time frame with you opponent for the week. Also please include a team name.

Rules and Scheduling: Each Thursday each team captain will receive notice of who there opponents are via PSN message, this will also be posted here and in PSN community. From then until the following Wednesday you will need to schedule the match to whatever day/time suits each team the best and have the results reported to me. When reporting have a screenshot and/or video of the match (from both teams). You and your team mates do not need to be in the same fleet, however you must use the same characters you signed up with in all of the matches, use whatever ship you wish. Matches will be set to 20 kills. (more to be edited in)

Prizes
      1st place - 10 lock box keys, half of the total EC taken in (will vary on amount of teams)
      2nd place - 6 lock box keys, 25% of EC taken in (will vary on amount of teams)
      3rd - 17% of EC taken in (will vary on amount of teams)
      4th - 8% of EC taken in (will vary on amount of teams)
      All prizes will be paid to team captains, up to them to spread it out to teammates
    • By JustHatched
      Date of Event: TBA
      Time of Event in UTC: TBA, likely weekend EU time, more active players in the EU than in the NA
      Does Event Repeat: Nope
       If Event Repeats/How Often: 
      Event Host: Me
      Amount of Players Allowed: 16
      Special Rules for Event:

Description of Event: 
      With many options of how to bomb folks in freeroam I would like to get a squadron up and bomb the shit out of LS like it was 1945 Berlin
      No Bombushkia's please
      Tula's, Rogues, Moguls, (Seabreeze, Hunter, etc.. if released by the time we do this)

2 people per plane to drop bombs and have the gunner turrets up and running should defense be needed
      Rogues take the lead in fending off any Hydras, Lazers, etc..

Focus on high level bombing out of launcher range

• By JustHatched
      Date -TBA - likely EU evening on a Sunday, Or perhaps during 2 Bros with @pete_95973 and @omarcomin71 permission to use their Saturday slot 
      Time - TBA
      What is it - Sturctured/Planned take over of a public freeroam session
      What to do, I will get into a lobby of 15 or less and will head for Sandy Shores, I will secure my Anti Aircraft trailer at that time and start sending invites to those participating. Please meet me at Sandy Shores. Once everyone is there with their equipment we will head into LS in a convoy and pick off people as we go.
      If you do not RSVP you will not get an invite as there is no way of knowing you read this.
      This will be limited to 16 players
      Dress Code - Team Heavy Black outfit and BPH is to be worn.
      If you get killed, do what you need to do to get new equipment.

MOC - 4 people @shortround @Xyon14 @Crawford1872@Dodge
      APC, Halftrack, Insurgent - 2 people @The_Lady_A @pete_95973
      APC,Half track, Insurgent 2 people ??
      Anti Air - 1 person @JustHatched
      Hydra or whatever plane- 1 person @zztop911

Tank - 1 person @omarcomin71
      Tank - 1 person @Con
      Rogue or Ruiner 1 Person @DavidCore89
      Insurgent/APC or Halftrack - 2 people @Lann @djw180

• By Squirrel
      Date of Event/s: To begin after Supercup In November
      Time of Event/s in UTC: 21:00
      Does Event/s Repeat: Yes
      If Yes to Repeat, How Often: Bi-weekly
      Host of Event/s: Squirrel
      Amount of Players Allowed: 30
      Special Rules for Event/s: Contact Racing - GTA but no weapons
      Description of Event/s:
      Below is a rough outline of the planned event. All details to be fleshed out based on discussion before the event.    Possibly a three car series. List to be finalised based on suggestions and testing.    Tier 1 Futo Tier 2 Sultan Tier 3 Elegy Retro   Other possible cars: Kuruma (non armoured), Blista compact, Penumbra, Jester, Elegy RH8   Number of tracks tbc - Real tracks from Asia/Australia. To take place between end of Supercup and finishing End of March   3 lap non contact qualifying - warm up, single flying lap and final cool down lap
      25km sprint race. Contact. Grid as qualifying 
      45km main race. Contact grid reverse of sprint race.    Total event time 1 hour 10 teams of 3. Seeded drivers in each team. Teams to be drawn randomly one from each tier Top 10 finishers from Supercup - Tier 1 2nd 10 - Tier 2 3rd 10 - Tier 3 Teams to have matching colours. Liveries optional  All three drivers to score points for the championship.  Point system tbc. More points for feature race than for sprint. Points for pole position.   

Want to become a member of the Domestic Battery crew? Click HERE to find out how. If you just want to join the site then by all mean click Sign Up.