Jump to content
JustHatched

My new (to me) S10

Recommended Posts

Bought this a couple weeks ago. Its a 1991 S10. The guy whom built it passed over a year ago, his daughter has since had it and it pretty much has sat since then. We've been negotiating on this thing for awhile.

 

I know it has a 383 V8, Comp roller cam, Edelbrock Airgap intake, 2 Edelbrock Performer Carbs, 700R4 trans with trans brake, and Ford 9 inch rear. It's a work in progress.

YXRkjuP.jpg

7TaA1DN.jpg

Ns5BiIQ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice score. Those little trucks can haul ass very well :)

Hope that 700 is well built because they can barely handle a stock 350.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice looking pickup except for that thing on the back of the cab but that's just my opinion.

I assume you have to put some weight in the back to get it to hook up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beez said:

Nice looking pickup except for that thing on the back of the cab but that's just my opinion.

I assume you have to put some weight in the back to get it to hook up? 

Haven't tried to launch it yet, I have goosed it some while going down the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be sure and post a video. Careful though because if it has more power than traction you will be posting the wrong kind of video ;)

Interested in hearing it run though. A nice cam is a thing of beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2017 at 5:18 PM, SINISTER120 said:

Be sure and post a video. Careful though because if it has more power than traction you will be posting the wrong kind of video ;)

Interested in hearing it run though. A nice cam is a thing of beauty.

After a bit of tuning up here is what it sounds like, my phone doesn't do it justice though cuz Rose can hear it 2 miles or so from our house

 

 

Engine bay cleaned up. Oh yeah, the dash is out of a '59 Chevy

lbuUPxY.jpg

VlRJDDn.jpg

oeyGOXh.jpg

geDbgQG.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i've thought real long on this and I have never been keen on the color, to dark and red for my taste. And since the truck has some minor issues as well I have decided after Xmas I am going to take the bed and cab off the frame, strip the frame and send it in for powder coat, rebuild the front end to better support the V8, rebuild rear end and add a track bar to it, rebuild the tranny, redo all the wiring, rear disc brake conversion with 4 piston calipers all the way around. Freshen the engine up, repaint it blue and get the interior redone. I am gonna close the hole in the hood and have a taller hood scoop so I can run a larger air filter on top of both carbs. Should take about a year to do everything, I'll be hanging up my airplanes to use all that money to cover truck costs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been putting in alot of hours redoing my truck, almost have the interior done, just waiting on door panels and headrest to get done and installed. Here is what it looks like now. 

 

Dash is out of a 1959 Chevy Impala, seats out of a 2017 Camaro

 

JU5HgnH.jpg

Nk0I2YW.jpg

MjmFoYW.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good. Someone put some great work getting that dash in there. Looks very clean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that grill in the air damn.

There's better solution to those old school slapper bars. CalTracs are bolt on  and adjustable alternative. Pinion angle stays the same. Adjustable pre-load to keep the vehicle straight. Improve traction....car goes straight. I put them on my friend's Maverick and it totally changed the car, especially after I dialed in the correct pinion angle. A must have in all the leaf spring drag racing classes.

Great people to work with!

http://www.calvertracing.com/caltracs.html

Edited by zztop911

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

I like that grill in the air damn.

There's better solution to those old school slapper bars. CalTracs are bolt on  and adjustable alternative. Pinion angle stays the same. Adjustable pre-load to keep the vehicle straight. Improve traction....car goes straight. I put them on my friend's Maverick and it totally changed the car, especially after I dialed in the correct pinion angle. A must have in all the leaf spring drag racing classes.

Great people to work with!

http://www.calvertracing.com/caltracs.html

Yeah, I have looked at those and plan to get them when I convert the rear to disc brakes later this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JustHatched said:

Yeah, I have looked at those and plan to get them when I convert the rear to disc brakes later this year 

Good deal hatch! It's the best way to go, believe me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Want to become a member of the Domestic Battery crew? Click HERE to find out how. If you just want to join the site then by all means click Sign Up.

×