JustHatched

My new (to me) S10

JustHatched    10,590

Bought this a couple weeks ago. Its a 1991 S10. The guy whom built it passed over a year ago, his daughter has since had it and it pretty much has sat since then. We've been negotiating on this thing for awhile.

I know it has a 383 V8, Comp roller cam, Edelbrock Airgap intake, 2 Edelbrock Performer Carbs, 700R4 trans with trans brake, and Ford 9 inch rear. It's a work in progress.

YXRkjuP.jpg

7TaA1DN.jpg

Ns5BiIQ.jpg

SINISTER120    1,282

Nice score. Those little trucks can haul ass very well :)

Hope that 700 is well built because they can barely handle a stock 350.

Beez    4,122

Nice looking pickup except for that thing on the back of the cab but that's just my opinion.

I assume you have to put some weight in the back to get it to hook up? 

JustHatched    10,590
3 hours ago, Beez said:

Nice looking pickup except for that thing on the back of the cab but that's just my opinion.

I assume you have to put some weight in the back to get it to hook up? 

Haven't tried to launch it yet, I have goosed it some while going down the road. 

SINISTER120    1,282

Be sure and post a video. Careful though because if it has more power than traction you will be posting the wrong kind of video ;)

Interested in hearing it run though. A nice cam is a thing of beauty.

JustHatched    10,590
On 6/12/2017 at 5:18 PM, SINISTER120 said:

Be sure and post a video. Careful though because if it has more power than traction you will be posting the wrong kind of video ;)

Interested in hearing it run though. A nice cam is a thing of beauty.

After a bit of tuning up here is what it sounds like, my phone doesn't do it justice though cuz Rose can hear it 2 miles or so from our house

Engine bay cleaned up. Oh yeah, the dash is out of a '59 Chevy

lbuUPxY.jpg

VlRJDDn.jpg

oeyGOXh.jpg

geDbgQG.jpg

JustHatched    10,590

Well, i've thought real long on this and I have never been keen on the color, to dark and red for my taste. And since the truck has some minor issues as well I have decided after Xmas I am going to take the bed and cab off the frame, strip the frame and send it in for powder coat, rebuild the front end to better support the V8, rebuild rear end and add a track bar to it, rebuild the tranny, redo all the wiring, rear disc brake conversion with 4 piston calipers all the way around. Freshen the engine up, repaint it blue and get the interior redone. I am gonna close the hole in the hood and have a taller hood scoop so I can run a larger air filter on top of both carbs. Should take about a year to do everything, I'll be hanging up my airplanes to use all that money to cover truck costs

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.