Skorpion

ps4 Pfister Supercup (Squirrel)

Fido_le_muet    4,136
59 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Hockenhiem is one of the tracks I'm not sure about either. I've included that version as it's well known and been raced by many. 

Id definitely look at an alternate Hockenheim or possibly rebuild it to match the standard of the other tracks. Without Shrubbery!

Proto's Spa is almost complete, we have till August before its needed. I do have a few minor changes to discuss with some of the track builders but I'll be sending messages about those soon. 

I noticed a small bump on my Norisring track just before the starting grid prop.

I had fixed it before but it's back. Will get back to fix it again.

Haven't noticed anything on Mexico but let me know if you guys saw a flaw that I missed.

Jc10110    155

@Fido_le_muet : mexico looked perfect to me! Already left when you did norisring.

I already told @Squirrel about this on psn chat, but maybe i should do it here so we get different opinions :

Three things :

- i think the rules about cerb boosting should be a bit more clear. I heard squirrel (?) Saying "avoid it if you can",but i saw many people going extra wide on the exit of a corner/cutting a corner extra hard to get the cerb boost. So maybe it should be allowed to cerb boost intentionally when on the inside of a corner and when exiting? Its difficult to say if its intentionally or not, but if i see the car in front of me doing it and its difficult to catch up on him, i dont have enough self control to leave it ?

- On hungaroring : i got pushed out in the long righthander before the chicane. Couldnt join the track immediatly because of the difference in height, so had to drive around and drive in the opposite direction on the track to get the checkpoint

- And on austria : on turn 3 (the long straight after turn 1 has a slight bend, i consider this as turn 2), i think the checkpoint should be moved a little bit, or a secondary checkpoint. I cut the corner a little bit while overtaking and missed the checkpoint. Okay, i cut the corner, but i think i still had two wheels on the asphalt

Dont understand me wrong, it was incredibly awesome, the tracks are mind blowing, i'm just giving some feedback ?

Edited by Jc10110

Fido_le_muet    4,136
8 minutes ago, Jc10110 said:

- And on austria : on turn 3 (the long straight after turn 1 has a slight bend, i consider this as turn 2), i think the checkpoint should be moved a little bit, or a secondary checkpoint. I cut the corner a little bit while overtaking and missed the checkpoint. Okay, i cut the corner, but i think i still had two wheels on the asphalt

Yeah many of us missed that CP on the first lap. I heard @no_snacks and @Squirrel saying they would let the creator know about moving that CP a bit.

Squirrel    4,481

Feedback is definitely welcome. Last nights run through of the tracks was to spot any potential problems we may have. 

Hungaroring I've already altered, I spotted a couple of changes needed for Austria and Monza which I'll let @adsyfindlay know about.

@Fido_le_muet is looking at the Norisring start finish straight. 

@no_snacks is remaking Albert Park and Canada. CGV will be the 3rd race on the calendar on the 12th of June. 

The first two tracks are Catalunya and Monaco. If they need any changes now is the time to let me know so I can address them. 

The only big unknown other than Spa which we know about is Hockenheim.

If we have an alternative track to use instead we can check it out this week or try and rebuild it before the race on the 26th June

Jc10110    155

I think catalunia and monaco are my favorite tracks, so not much i would change... 

For catalunia i'd make the last chicane a bit sharper, more difficult to take. It is really a ****corner in F1 games

and at the chicane after the bridge in monaco, i'd replace the slowdown prop with a wall. If you are battelling next to each other, it could be possible that the player on the outside pushes the other on too close to the prop so he would slow down. If there's a wall, people will give more room to the one on the inside (hopefully ?)

But both tracks are already great, wouldnt care if they stay like this ?

Beez    3,977

Sorry I missed the paractice playlist but I had to work at the office yesterday. I will make every effort to work from home every Pfister Monday to attend all the races. Is Catalunya first? Can I get a link to the first track for practice?

JuniorChubb    424
5 hours ago, Jc10110 said:

- i think the rules about cerb boosting should be a bit more clear. I heard squirrel (?) Saying "avoid it if you can",but i saw many people going extra wide on the exit of a corner/cutting a corner extra hard to get the cerb boost. So maybe it should be allowed to cerb boost intentionally when on the inside of a corner and when exiting? Its difficult to say if its intentionally or not, but if i see the car in front of me doing it and its difficult to catch up on him, i dont have enough self control to leave it ?

I have got to agree with this in principle, I see it quite often, bending the racing line to hug the curb a little longer using an exagerrated line that would not normally be taken... not really a fan of it and it is just as bad morally but not as advantages.

In reality however it is so difficult to police I think you just have to let it go and comfort yourself that there is a place in Honest Racing Heaven waiting for you.

I take full advantage on the inside of corners but not so much on the outside when exiting, I am sure ultra purists would frown on this too.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Squirrel    4,481

@pr0xxxy are you interested in signing up for this championship? There's a few spots available in the teams listed on the first page

zmurko    6,639

Perhaps asking weekend hosts to put the weekly Supercup track in the PL and set it to a bit more laps (10-15mins) is another option to get some practise with other people?

As far as keeping concentration for more than 5-8mins, I'd like to invite everyone to this weeks Endurance Extravaganza or next week's SRL. :D

djw180    3,153

Looking forward to this Squirrel. Just me and Adsy in team Global Oil, so we can accomodate another if there is one.

Can the rules about not using the kerbs, and any other rules, be put in one of the first couple of posts so we don't have to go through the whole thread to find them?

I think you asked everyone to record the whole race. Can you, or someone else, tell me how to do that please? My PS4 is just set up to save the last 15 mins. I know it can be done by regularly saving during the race, but I tried that, and I will almost certainly crash the car if I do it.

And can you double check the start time, the first post and the countdown timer dissagree.

Edited by djw180

DavidCore89    6,450
5 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Looking forward to this Squirrel. Just me and Adsy in team Global Oil, so we can accomodate another if there is one.

Can the rules about not using the kerbs, and any other rules, be put in one of the first couple of posts so we don't have to go through the whole thread to find them?

I think you asked everyone to record the whole race. Can you, or someone else, tell me how to do that please? My PS4 is just set up to save the last 15 mins. I know it can be done by regularly saving during the race, but I tried that, and I will almost certainly crash the car if I do it.

Press share, sharing and broadcast settings.

Crawford1872    1,289

The qualifying race? Is it gonna be the actual lap times we set during the race then quickly sorting the order and calling a grid for the race? Or is it gonna be just a race where 20 people that can't see where they're trying to go drive round for a bit? 

Fido_le_muet    4,136
4 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

The qualifying race? Is it gonna be the actual lap times we set during the race then quickly sorting the order and calling a grid for the race? Or is it gonna be just a race where 20 people that can't see where they're trying to go drive round for a bit? 

3 laps race. Going on the track at regular intervals, with lap 2 being the flying lap.

We did that with Z's endurance race and it works.

Squirrel    4,481

I was going to host it as a 3 lap non contact race. Race finishing order will determine the grid. We are going to have up to 27 drivers on the grid. Trying to re order that based on fastest laps will be a nightmare in the time between races. 

no_snacks    3,490

With 27 people in the race, I'll be about 5 seconds behind the leaders before I even hit the 1st checkpoint.  That means I'll need to drive over 1.5 seconds a lap faster than say Fido, just to get near the front by the end of the race. :o

I know collating the lap times is a bit slow and clumsy, but it's the only fair way of doing it IMO.  Or we can do a reverse grid for the qualifying race.  :lol:

Squirrel    4,481
12 hours ago, djw180 said:

And can you double check the start time, the first post and the countdown timer dissagree.

Yes DJ, room for another in your team if anyone signs up to join late. Same with Tenshun and Auto Exotic. Only 3 spaces remain in the championship.

I will have something written up later today clarifying the kerb boosting rules.

The timer is out. It's based on the usual Monday Madness time. The qualifying and race will start at 22:00 BST. This means there is time for the usual late comers to be able to join in with the event. With qualifying and race the event should take around 45 minutes to complete. I would like as many people in the lobby early as possible.

Squirrel    4,481
16 minutes ago, no_snacks said:

With 27 people in the race, I'll be about 5 seconds behind the leaders before I even hit the 1st checkpoint.  That means I'll need to drive over 1.5 seconds a lap faster than say Fido, just to get near the front by the end of the race. :o

I know collating the lap times is a bit slow and clumsy, but it's the only fair way of doing it IMO.  Or we can do a reverse grid for the qualifying race.  :lol:

To collate the times properly I'd need to have everyone back out and reassemble in a lobby while I calculate the starting grid, this would mean about 10-15 minutes between the qualifying and race once you allow for screenshots, typing up the results, reordering them based on time and then dealing with Rockstar cloud time while trying to get 27 drivers from multiple crews back into a race lobby.

If everyone is ok with that and prepared to risk losing connection doing so I can. I want to try and make things as simple as possible for both myself hosting and you guys taking part, the less input needed between races that needs to be done cuts down on the potential errors.

For the actual qualifying race if we base it on fastest laps, I wouldn't have a staggered start, too many drivers to organise and the lap times are too short on some of the races to have established gaps. There isn't a pitlane on all the tracks either to wait out of the way. Better to just run it as a normal 4 lap non-contact race. It will be up to each of the drivers to find a gap they are comfortable with on the first lap and then have 2 attempts at a flying lap. On the final lap they will have to slow down and wait on the line for the finishing drivers. 

JuniorChubb    424

I would prefer the staggered starts and lap time determining grid position but more than understand the logistics involved. I am happy to sit around and chat but I know this will just be a frustrating wait for others. Non contact and all going at the same time is the simplest way to go. The first chicane will be amusing though, ignore me if I start tripping out...

You could always finish the race on your own first Squirrel, hit the square button and get people's time as they finish then re-order quickest to slowest, if you have a spreadsheet ready just pop the times in as people finish. Still not as quick as a non contact race but a little quicker than us all finishing then doing the times.

Edited by JuniorChubb

djw180    3,153

Just throwing another idea in (maybe you've thought of this and ruled it out for good reasons, but you never know). We could have everyone do the qualifying on their own at some point before the race and post a screenshot of the result. Then you'd be able to sort the grid in advance based on fastest laps or total time for a short fixed lap qualifying race. We'd have to trust people only make one attempt, but it would have all the qualifying done in advance. Anyone who does not post a time starts from the back.

zmurko    6,639

yeah, same here, around 1:25, perhaps 1:24 on a good lap with no kerbs, except when cutting a couple of apexes.

I think general rule that would cover everything is to have 2 wheels inside the white line at all times, no weaving and get inside the white line with all 4 wheels on the straights as soon as possible.

JuniorChubb    424

I feel better with some mentions of 1:24's...

Hopefully we will get clarification on what is and isn't allowed regarding kerbs.

zmurko    6,639

Exceptions should always be allowed though, if you run too wide for example, or when avoiding contact with other cars. It just wouldnt be fair to actually do that deliberately on every corner or actually gain a position by doing it.

Jc10110    155
3 hours ago, djw180 said:

Just throwing another idea in (maybe you've thought of this and ruled it out for good reasons, but you never know). We could have everyone do the qualifying on their own at some point before the race and post a screenshot of the result. Then you'd be able to sort the grid in advance based on fastest laps or total time for a short fixed lap qualifying race. We'd have to trust people only make one attempt, but it would have all the qualifying done in advance. Anyone who does not post a time starts from the back.

I dont think that would work. There ar 27 players, so at least 10 of them would do some extra runs + there is no way to check if someone is corner cutting / cerb boosting.

I think best thing is a non contact race with everyone starting from the same spot

And yeah 1.21.xxx is nuts. I've done a good amount of practice runs. I once got a 1.22.5xx, and i am still wondering how i did that. 

Edited by Jc10110

JuniorChubb    424
Just now, zmurko said:

Exceptions should always be allowed though, if you run too wide for example, or when avoiding contact with other cars. It just wouldnt be fair to actually do that deliberately on every corner or actually gain a position by doing it.

Watch out for me... do not mistake poor driving ability with trying to boost on every corner.

Such a shame this is an issue, the stunt props have added so much life into the game but those same props give you the chance to boost all the way round the track, it needs to be addressed by R* not by people hosting events. I just can't see that happening though.

Just now, Jc10110 said:

I dont think that would work. There ar 27 players, so at least 10 of them would do some extra runs + there is no way to check if someone is corner cutting / cerb boosting.

I think best thing is a non contact race with everyone starting from the same spot

There is the option of Squirrel running a few qualifying sessions a week. It would be a big commitment for Squirrel though...

Jc10110    155
16 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Yeah, in the 2 corners before the long straight in the middle of the track + the chicane at the end, its very difficult to avoid cerb boosting if you're trying to get a good lap time

Squirrel    4,481

I've updated a post on the front page with some clarification of the rules. I will be making my decision on the qualifying procedure soon.

Jc10110    155

Nice work on the rules @Squirrel !

One more thing about cerb boosting that isnt clear to me : can you run extra wide on the exit of a corner? So you hit the cerbs but still got two wheels on the track? 

Pe. In the last corner of catalunia, you can easily stay with 4 wheels on the track, but if you take it less sharp you can hit the cerb and gain an advantage. (I am not talking about steering to the left in a right hand corner)

Squirrel    4,481
Just now, Jc10110 said:

Nice work on the rules @Squirrel !

One more thing about cerb boosting that isnt clear to me : can you run extra wide on the exit of a corner? So you hit the cerbs but still got two wheels on the track? 

Pe. In the last corner of catalunia, you can easily stay with 4 wheels on the track, but if you take it less sharp you can hit the cerb and gain an advantage. (I am not talking about steering to the left in a right hand corner)

Yeah I'll make that clearer in the rules. Exiting the corner is just as important as entry and it is fine using the kerbs to gain maximum speed while staying on track. Just make sure you get all four wheels on track as soon as momentum permits.

Racing+Line.png

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.