XDBX School of Speed

This Forum has been created to allow some of our faster racers to show how they make their way around a racetrack. This is for Instructional Video and Commentary on a volunteer basis. The Threads that have the Video will be subject to Q&A by everyone involved. Feel free to ask any question. There will hopefully be several racers willing to help with this. I know Hatch is going to make some Air Racing Videos for us as well.

The way this will work is:

• There will be a selected track for every few weeks, maybe a month.
  • This track will be dissected by as many racers as possible, and have Videos posted.
  • Those Videos will show good solid lap times as a guage on how you are doing. We are not Hot lapping, just giving instruction on good lines, braking zones, and a general understanding of how the Racer gets around the track.
  • Each Thread will have Q&A for all interested in learning about the Racer and his Video. Not everyone is compatible with all racing styles, so a specific Racer may emulate your style better. Therefore you will obviously want to work with that Racer when you can.
  • There will also be Videos on basic driving techniques to help you understand what we are doing when we use certain terms in racing.

Most races will be PS4 races. Unfortunately, with the Updates to the Creator and the introduction of Stunt Races, we have to use tracks that raced on a regular basis. Some PS3 only track will be used, but I can not limit us to only races on PS3.

This is all subject to modification as we get this rolling.

Edited by Dodge

I might start doing this again. If they helped amybody...  All of our fast drivers feel free to put some sort of instructional video in here. 

On 25-3-2018 at 11:29 AM, Dodge said:

I might start doing this again. If they helped amybody...  All of our fast drivers feel free to put some sort of instructional video in here. 

Nice. Looking forward to that. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zmurko
      Well, as some of you might have noticed, I've started exploring water races. As I still don't know what works and what doesn't, I thought I would just throw them all together in one thread and see what everyone thinks. I am interested to see if this sytle of water races even works, does anyone find it interesting enough to do them more often, etc. I wanted to include some turns where you need to use X to turn, so its not just full speed all the time, though some turns can be done without using X, you just need to take a wider line. It would be interesting to see what is faster.

Here's what I've created so far, all classes of water vehicles are covered, big fast boats, middle sized recreational boats and small jets.
      All tracks allow 16 boats and are set to current time and weather as I've used buoys to mark the turns and I find them even more interesting at night time.
      All tracks are set to 2 laps, except the last one, which is a P2P race. I have no idea if they need to be set to non-contact or standard though. I know Alamo Sea Water GP works fine with contact on, because we've tried it mutiple times already, but others do have some criss-crossing, so might need non-contact turned on, we'll see.

ALAMO SEA WATER GP
      Jetmax & Speeder technical course with a long straight. Allows 30 players.

RSC link: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/cm_Np5GRRUibNXYyt6VH3w

PALETO BAY WATER GP
      Faster Jetmax & Speeder course. Allows 30 players.

RSC link: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/ukv_MF3jHE-WKgBvXMQbTA

LAND ACT RESERVOIR CRUISE
      Squalo, Suntrap & Tropic technical course

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/SviNuYXbNEGeb-3G4erpAA?platformId=2

LAKE VINEWOOD WATER KART
      Seashark gokart style course with a jump

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/53UfM-vbQUqrUHtZI1EfpA?platformId=2

LS CANALS MARATHON
      Simple but at times tricky Dinghy course through canals and storm drains of LS. Allows 30 players.

RSC link: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/dZ3iEC8_T0mCF8gbXbWQCw

Entire Water GP Tour playlist:
      http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/EedEwkU4HEmWgrB0J-dYYg

I might be adding some more, especially if there is more interest in water racing.
    • By Dodge
      Lazer or Buzzard GTA Race

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/y2Aky3gva0eWSTTW8iMQvA?platformId=2
    • By Dodge
      http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/Y4rSbrMZokes6KXUGRNEDw?platformId=2
    • By JustHatched
      What are the best cars for racing in GTA Online you ask? Here is a list as voted by the crew as the best cars in each class for racing (updated after Cunning Stunts DLC). 
      In the following post in this thread there is a breakdown of many of these cars and their unique characteristic that makes them the best.

Supers - RE-7B (class leader), by far the most popular car in class, there is a reason why we and the top racers in other crews use this car. The ETR is an alternative but in general won't fair as well as the RE-7B. If you are content with running middle to the back of the pack then Tyrus or T20 would get you there. If you are buying your first Super then don't waste money on anything but the RE-7B for racing Supers

Sports Classic- The Stirling GT is by far the class leader and really the only option for racing in this class. The Z-Type is only competitive in large races with very long straightaways which are rarely raced, fast for that type of racing only and not worth buying unless you have all the other leading cars and want to spend a bunch of in game money,

Sports  - This class has a few cars that can compete with each other, as voted the Massacro (Racecar)  is the class leader, once you are decent enough driver to take advantage of other characteristics of other cars in the class you might consider the Elegy RH8 or Jester (Racecar)

Muscle - This class comes down to the Pisswasser Dominator or Blade, essentially each is better than the other on a particular type of track, it is suggested you read the post below this one and decide, you may consider getting both is you can afford it. Beyond those 2 there are other fast Muscles but these are the 2 dominate cars.

Coupes - As voted the Zion (or cabrio varient) is the class leader, with the Felon and Exemplar following it, all 3 are fairly close with some differences that may make one feel better for you than the other, none are overly priced. Check the post below for more info.

Sedans - Schafter V12 is the best, nothing else in class comes close.

SUVs - The Contender is class leader, the XLS (Armored) and Huntley S follow it. As of writing this I can't say how much faster the leader is (haven't done enough SUV racing personally) but I would say don't waste your time on anything other than the leader.

Compacts - Brioso R/A is faster by quite a bit than its competition.

Motorcycles - The Akuma is the bike to get if you only plan to buy 1 bike for racing, The BatiRR is its rival, has better top end speed but weaker acceleration and doesn't corner as well, the Hakuochu is also competitive but not a class leading racer.

Offroad - Tough class to pick one vehicle as there is so many options, the BF400 motorcycle was voted best, but the Trophy Truck or Desert Raid are very competitive and preferred by many over the motorcycle. For racing in this crew once you have bought the leaders in each class if you have room an Insurgent (which you should have for Free Roam shenanigans) might be considered for deep water racing.

Vans - Gang Burrito is the class leader, if you looking to spend some money on other vans to try for fun after buying all other class leader the Rumpo Custom and Bison are a bit not as good as the Gang Burrito.

Utility - Though not used often, the Sadler is recommended to by for Utility racing, you don't want to be stuck on a Faggio or Caddy while everyone else leaves you behind.

By all the class leaders first, don't waste money on anything else because you will be disappointed with the results and will be broke from spending all your money on other stuff.

Want to become a member of the Domestic Battery crew? Click HERE to find out how. If you just want to join the site then by all means click Sign Up.